FC 2.0 - Can you assign x52 Mousestick to TDS Slew as in Old LO FC?

In the old Lockon FC I had my Mousestick assigned 'in game' as the TDS Slew for both X and Y coordinates. But I cannot figureout how to do that in FC 2.0.

When I try to assign it in the game controller options it does not automatically display it when I move the Mousestick. And the dropdown list has 30 items to select from, and none of them say Mouse or anything like that. :cry:

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

The mouse stick is basically duplicate of the.... mouse. You gotta set the mouse axis to the TDS Slew. The problem is, mouse wont work for external view rotation anymore... if you're planning to use external views, you would have problem.

What I ended up doing was set the mouse stick as bands in profiler and assigned the slew keys to them. Works just as well.

Thanks for the info Ven. That sounds like what I will have to do...

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

The other option is to assign mouse stick to the mouse axis for the TDS slew as Ven suggested and then use a modifier (ie: Pinky switch) and the mouse so the mouse can still do your external view rotation. Works for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Sarge, for the mouse stick like Ven said it's easy, but how you do with the pinkie for external view rotation ? In the STT (for Saitek x52) or in FC2 ?

Thank's

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

I program within the game, I find SST problematic.

I assign the "Pinky" switch on my joystick as a Modifier. It's in the lower left corner of the options/controls page. Their is a modifiers box and a switches box on this page make sure you use "Modifiers", hit "Add" which appears greyed out but it will work. Click the "Pinky" button and it will assign automatically. Rename it Pinky or whatever you want so it's easy to pick out of the drop down when you assign it later.

Under "Axis Commands" program the slew horizontal as mouse X and slew vertical as mouse Y. then program horizontal view and vertical view to Pinky+Mouse X and Pinky+Mouse Y, you can leave zoom as Mouse Z without the modifier.

Then you can slew the TDS in the displays/HUD using just the ministick and when in external view just hold the pinky switch down and use the ministick to rotate your view.

Hope that's clear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Ok, thank's for the answer, but the Stt is very useful for me and i can't play without :smilewink:.

If somebody has a solution for this, it would be nice.

Merci

Gigabyte P35 DS3L - Core2Duo 8400 @ 3600mgz - 2*2 giga dual Corsair Dominator - Palit HD4870 512mo - WD Sata 2 Caviar 500 & 320 giga & Raptor 150 giga- XP pro et Windows 7 64

Hotas Warthog - Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - Track Ir 5

I think the bands workaround works well. I find no performance difference between setting it as bands or as mouse axis. Sarge's suggestion is an option indeed but I actually like to use the mouse itself rather than mouse stick for external views.

But what I have issue with is the mouse wheel zoom. I use the wheel zoom for cockpit (F1) view zooming as well as external view zoom. And in cockpit, my natural instinct is to roll the wheel forward (away from me) for zoom in and towards me for zoom out. And this works fine but for external view, it's backward. I naturally roll the wheel backward for zoom out but it's actually zoom in. If I invert this in the options, the cockpit gets inversed too. It's not a big issue as I don't use external views often but I hope there is a workaround to this.

Personally, I wish they would allow TrackIR to rotate the view in External View. That works very well in IL2 since you area already using your head in the cockpit to rotate your view. But The games control assignments don't allow you to assign TrackIR to the External View controls!

Hi Sarge

I've followed your instructions word for word, but the ministick doesn't control either the TDS or the external view. However, the mouse does. And when looking at the X52 Pro's control panel in Windows, the ministick responds fine.

It appears that for some reason, FC2 isn't recognising the ministick as mouse movements - any idea why? Is there a way to activate ministick as mouse on the X52 that I've forgotten all about?

I assign the "Pinky" switch on my joystick as a Modifier. It's in the lower left corner of the options/controls page. Their is a modifiers box and a switches box on this page make sure you use "Modifiers", hit "Add" which appears greyed out but it will work. Click the "Pinky" button and it will assign automatically. Rename it Pinky or whatever you want so it's easy to pick out of the drop down when you assign it later.

Under "Axis Commands" program the slew horizontal as mouse X and slew vertical as mouse Y. then program horizontal view and vertical view to Pinky+Mouse X and Pinky+Mouse Y, you can leave zoom as Mouse Z without the modifier.

Then you can slew the TDS in the displays/HUD using just the ministick and when in external view just hold the pinky switch down and use the ministick to rotate your view.

Hope that's clear.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Answered my own question - installing the SST software fixed this. Thanks for your fantastic guide!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hi Sarge

I've followed your instructions word for word, but the ministick doesn't control either the TDS or the external view. However, the mouse does. And when looking at the X52 Pro's control panel in Windows, the ministick responds fine.

It appears that for some reason, FC2 isn't recognising the ministick as mouse movements - any idea why? Is there a way to activate ministick as mouse on the X52 that I've forgotten all about?

When you test the ministick in control panel, it reads directly from the joystick, so it will work all the times.

In your normal usage of Windows, can you use the ministick as a mouse outside the game? If not, then the profile that it is loaded for your X-52 is not associating the ministick with the mouse. I'd advise you then to test with a new, fresh default profile.

On the subject of mapping things on the X52, does anyone know how to map the vertical and horizontal scan controls to the rotarys?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

It's the same with any other axis.

Define axis-> Click add under the x52 coloumn next to radar horizontal/vertical and rotate the rotary until it's detected.

Cheers for, I'll try it tonight!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Hope that's clear.

Thanks Sarge your fix sorted my problem out for me. I've noticed that with your fix, you can still use your desktop mouse to look around in external view as well as the mini mouse on the throttle as long as your Pinkie switch is held in:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]