TrackIR Zoom

Lange_666

Compared to FC1.12 TrackIR zoom in FC2.0 is very poor (it zooms just about 0) although zoom via the keyboard works quite fine (except one example yesterday where i could not get out of full zoom (with TrackIR enabled) by using the keyboard).

Is there a way to get Zoom via TrackIR to work as in 1.12?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Compared to FC1.12 TrackIR zoom in FC2.0 is very poor (it zooms just about 0) although zoom via the keyboard works quite fine (except one example yesterday where i could not get out of full zoom (with TrackIR enabled) by using the keyboard).

Is there a way to get Zoom via TrackIR to work as in 1.12?

Yeah. Go to your control settings, axis tune, and switch trackir z-axis from z-displacement to zoom.

thanks for the info

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wondered about that to, as I programmed each aircraft. Oh well, done now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 1 month later...

That did it! Thanks Nate!

Digital Storm Velox, Intel i9 7900X Extreme Edition, ASUS TUF X299 MARK 2, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz, 1 SSD 960Gb, 2TB HDD, 1 GeForce GTx 1080 Ti 11GB VR Ready, 2 Stage Liquid Cooling, Win 10 Home 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind, TIR5 w/ TrackClip Pro, Acer Predator 32” 4K Monitor

Yeah. Go to your control settings, axis tune, and switch trackir z-axis from z-displacement to zoom.

Thanks! I've been searching in my TrackIR control box for half an hour to try and find this! :cry:

Now I will go into FC2 and do it instead! :doh:

...it's my age.... :(

JD :thumbup:

In the "Axis commands" section for the aircraft you want to set up, one of the commands you can assign is Zoom. Make sure that's got the correct TrackIR axis assigned to it. If you have a few controllers you'll need to scroll across to the right to see the TrackIR column.

In the "Axis commands" section for the aircraft you want to set up, one of the commands you can assign is Zoom. Make sure that's got the correct TrackIR axis assigned to it. If you have a few controllers you'll need to scroll across to the right to see the TrackIR column.

That's what I did, but the zoom action is only a small portion of the axis line.

In-sim, it's barely noticable.

On the aircraft where I use my X52 rotator for zoom, it's much more effective.

I initially set the slider, but it's got a bit choppy (probably dusty contacts) so I use the Y rotator now, which works well enough - but it would be so much better to use the TrackIR for it.

I'll give it another go after installing the patch and see what happens.

Thanks for input :)

JD