FC 2.0 and new Russian radar

I must ask ED to tell me what is changed in Russian "radar system" in 2.0???

1. Russian radar scan not work good. Pilots with long expirience in lockon cros trough 3-4 enemy and not see any on radar in 2.0. How you explain that ED? Realistic? Or pilots amateurs? Or what?

2. RWS in russian planes had to much latency and wrong signal of range in 2.0. Realistic? Good work? Or...what?

Im sory, but in 1.12 we dont had same problem, radar scan work fine. I know, programers trying to make sim, but...

NOUS DEFIONS

I'm not an expert on radar, but russian radars in 1.12 had features and capabilities and ease of use that isn't extant in the real aircraft. Again though, not being a radar guy (I'm really not even an A2A guy), I can't give details on what exactly changed and why.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sorry, can you describe this better?

BTW, Russia radar, Eagle radar, all made in Taiwan if you get my drift. Same code, different 'skin'. They all act the same.

I must ask ED to tell me what is changed in Russian "radar system" in 2.0???

1. Russian radar scan not work good. Pilots with long expirience in lockon cros trough 3-4 enemy and not see any on radar in 2.0. How you explain that ED? Realistic? Or pilots amateurs? Or what?

2. RWS in russian planes had to much latency and wrong signal of range in 2.0. Realistic? Good work? Or...what?

Im sory, but in 1.12 we dont had same problem, radar scan work fine. I know, programers trying to make sim, but...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I can't see any significant difference, except not being able to lock bandits, extending and at <15km in front of me in the Flanker. I don't know if that's more realistic, it's just unusual... Other than that, it feels much like the 1.12 radars :)

Go medium PRF :)

I can't see any significant difference, except not being able to lock bandits, extending and at <15km in front of me in the Flanker. I don't know if that's more realistic, it's just unusual... Other than that, it feels much like the 1.12 radars :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It seems that with all radars in FC2, you drop lock sooner when a contact turns. PRF modes are more important for all planes, even the F-15 lets you manually select PRF now. Also the F-15 for sure looses contacts sooner in TWS and you now have to revert back to RWS more often, which makes sense since it updates slower. RWS was never needed in FC1.

Im sory, but in 1.12 we dont had same problem, radar scan work fine. I know, programers trying to make sim, but..

Yea.....but did you play 1.02 ??That's the way it should be in the first place....for i can say.

Nice work ED !!!