Why do people want voice included?

Ramstein

Why do people want voice included? it has been done in other flight sims and was a failure. Voice programs like TeamSpeak work just fine. This has been my experince for 15 years with sims and voice software.

IMHO

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Z170, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 32 GB, Samsung 1TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I kind of agree.

I would like to see a built in system that uses existing voice software, but honestly, there are just too many to support...and I don't see ED getting in the business of responding to 1001 help/support problems involved per day when the majority of problems is the user or server end...not the medium used.

With TS, you can group each flight in their own 'room' and broadcast for the common channel. Easy easy.

Honestly, do you want voice or do you want the developers to spend more time bug fixing/plane making.

The answer is simple, at least for me.

There are reasons:

1. People will rarely muster the effort of using a 3rd party program. It requires specialized knowledge to work and extra effort to connect to. Never overestimate the sophistication of computer users.

2. So much more is possible (out of radio range, ADI vectoring, radio freqs) when the chat is built into the game. I know mumble is capable of a few of these features but see #1... too much work and knowledge.

Because a built in system can incorporate such things as line of sight dependant attenuation of signal strenght. You do the math. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

For me beavouse it's easy. What for turning oon TS, Ventrillos ect if I could have same in game? Look at Steam, there is nice Voice Chat and conferences. It works.

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

The best thing would be DCS plug-in for TS3 (since it supports true plug-ins now and LUA support)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Good reasons mentioned above gentlemen !

My main reason for implementing ingame Voice over IP is to have the possiblity to communicate to all clients on a server at the same time.

Not every player connects to the TS server of the game hoster.

There are different reasons for that.

Some are just testing in a hurry, or they are just lazy, others dont have a headset, others are shy and dont like to talk to others, etc., etc.

If this Voice thing would be implemented into the game everybody would get important information.

Ingame voice has already been implemented into different kind of games and proven that its helpful in situations where people have to communicate fast.

I am tired of using the keyboard to type everything i want to tell others by chat messages.

best regards,

GSG_9_LIGHTNING

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Built in comms, if done correctly are far superior to stand-alone TS/Vent servers. The radio implementation in Open Falcon desmonstated what can be done. With TS for example, you have to have a channel set for each flight in a package and then each pilot has to set up his/her own keybinding to broadcast to all channels used by their package (pri). With a built in system, all you have to do is tune the correct radio frequency in the cockpit. Not only is this far more realistic, as it allows for the things mentioned above such as line of sight and range implementation, it also means to have a essentially unlimited number of channels. And as in real life you can not only talk to your own flight and package, but by implementing VHF/UHF guard receivers you could communicate with any aircraft in the sky regardless of what package they are in.

Remeber that aircraft have at least two radios and one of those (usually the UHF system, for aircraft that have seperate VHF and UHF radios) have a dedicated guard receiver which listens to the guard emergency freq constantly, this means that if you find yourself in the smeg you can tune guard and call for help from anybody in the sky. There are many more aspects of realistic comms procedures such a system would bring into the sim and with the accuracy of the systems in DCS titles, it can only be even better than what we have/had in Open Falcon.

I for one cannot wait for such a system to make it into DCS, and however long it take ED to implement it, when it does finally come along I'll be jumping around the room like a kid who's just been given free chocolate for life.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Ummmmmm no. The last thing I want is a chatterbox talking nonstop about what his dog did last week or some jerk just trying to be annoying. With TS and Vent you can control the atmosphere.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ummmmmm no. The last thing I want is a chatterbox talking nonstop about what his dog did last week or some jerk just trying to be annoying. With TS and Vent you can control the atmosphere.

Don't fly with people you don't like then. Problem solved.

Spoiler

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Intel 9900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 3600Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The radio implementation in Open Falcon desmonstated what can be done. With TS for example, you have to have a channel set for each flight in a package and then each pilot has to set up his/her own keybinding to broadcast to all channels used by their package (pri). With a built in system, all you have to do is tune the correct radio frequency in the cockpit. Not only is this far more realistic, as it allows for the things mentioned above such as line of sight and range implementation, it also means to have a essentially unlimited number of channels. And as in real life you can not only talk to your own flight and package, but by implementing VHF/UHF guard receivers you could communicate with any aircraft in the sky regardless of what package they are in.

That's how it works in FSX too. You have to tune to exactly the same frequencies with your 'wingman' to communicate with him. I rarely fly FSX online lately, but it was very good feature.