Enough of the Valley fighting!!!!!

ScEBlack1

Let's bring back BVR fighting rather than super low level valley fighting, everyone jamming, popping off heaters using EOS and diving behind mountains to break lock. We should just put 50cal machine guns on the Eagle and Su and Migs and dogfight instead of BVR capabilities. This is so 1.12 and gets boring, even saw some strafing of an F15 by a Mig on the runway taxiing, geez it was like I was flying Il-2 or something. Yes, in 1.12 we were almost forced to do this because of unproper missle effectiveness and other game weaknesses.but, those have been fixed now and we should let it shine, not revert back to "jammers on at taxiing, climb to a whopping 2,000ft, turn on EOS and valley hop" or hop in an Eagle and climb to 2,001ft and scan 180miles for bandits...............:doh:.

• Like 1

Let's bring back BVR fighting rather than super low level valley fighting, everyone jamming, popping off heaters using EOS and diving behind mountains to break lock. We should just put 50cal machine guns on the Eagle and Su and Migs and dogfight instead of BVR capabilities. This is so 1.12 and gets boring, even saw some strafing of an F15 by a Mig on the runway taxiing, geez it was like I was flying Il-2 or something. Yes, in 1.12 we were almost forced to do this because of unproper missle effectiveness and other game weaknesses.but, those have been fixed now and we should let it shine, not revert back to "jammers on at taxiing, climb to a whopping 2,000ft, turn on EOS and valley hop" or hop in an Eagle and climb to 2,001ft and scan 180miles for bandits...............:doh:.

LOL...

If by chance you are referring to the 104th server mission, some people like the mountains. Lol, when we had a mission with no mountains people complained that they missed the mountains. Regardless we will have a new mission soon with less mountains for variety. Then you can always use Servman's in game vote function to vote the new map.

Sadly the area of the map they removed was mostly flat and the area of the map they added is the complete opposite. Luckily the way its laid out you have flat "terrain" over the Black Sea, and fighting in that area is much more likely.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Mountains add variation, a mix of mountains and flat is a good thing IMO. Theres nothing worse than a server full of aircraft just engaging high angels all day long, its pretty repetitive and all the action will usually centre around one spot.

The problem being the wider you put the opposing bases the more complaints you get about time to action so to get an all round package the environment becomes more compact.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

If your not confident of your scan when flying over mountains then don't go there.

Obviously with regards to airbase defence systems, they are going to get tweaked over time, trial and error is the only way to improve these things.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't have problems with mountains at all, it just when the "majority" of people fly super low in them as if there flying a P-51 WW2 plane, no Crunch I love 104. I believe now that 2.0 is out and more people will be making good MP missions and that soon people will fly a more realistic scenario rather than being forced to in 1.12 that's all.

• Like 1

it just when the "majority" of people fly super low in them as if there flying a P-51 WW2 plane

Well, the P-51 was an altitude fighter, shining best when operating up there with the bombers. :P

But seriously speaking, with the F-15C having the advantage in BVR is it strange if people try to use other ways to close in - such as terrain masking until in position for a look-up shot or ET ambush? Admittedly I wasn't using fighters in the FC1 days so I can't really compare now with then, but to me the description sounds pretty much like complaining about people using a tactic that you don't know how to counter. And as long as the tactics does not exploit simulator peculiarities (like the <10m flying) I really don't see what the problem is. They're trying to make it hard for you to get your kill, that's all. ;)

At the end of the day, the thing that matters is - who managed to complete their mission? If your job as an Eagle driver is to protect a package of strikers and you cause the opposing CAP to hide in canyons and valleys - you'll have done your job most excellently even if the score page happens to look a boring "0 kills". As long as the other guy's page also says "0 kills" and your strike package got to do their job, your side has won.

Obviously though, if the mission is to establish Air Dominance as opposed to mere superiority, things might be a bit different, but you could just have your strikers crater their bases so they can't land. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I am sure as time goes on, we will get some good scripted as well as large static missions from the community. It can only get better from here.

Scripted is hardly the term I would use for it. While it may technically be scripted, players decisions, actions, and in-actions will have the biggest impact . . .

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

i find when every one switches on there jammers it just gives them away to quickly. i know where to head straight away

HP TouchSmart IQ816 / 25.5" HD touch screen / 9600GS 512/ Core 2 Duo 2.16 / 4GB RAM / VISTA 64 / CH Fighterstick