Blackshark crashing

krkljan

Dear friends,

I have problems with my blackshark. I load the game, start the bird, get in the air, on first shoot, when something explodes, my game is crashing. Please help me. I have newest drivers and win7. CRASH files are attached.

I have also attached DXDIAG as requested.

THX for very fast reply.

New folder.zip

DxDiag.zip

Edited by krkljan
DXDIAG attached.

Dear friends,

I have problems with my blackshark. I load the game, start the bird, get in the air, on first shoot, when something explodes, my game is crashing. Please help me. I have newest drivers and win7. CRASH files are attached.

you video drivers or sound drivers are set wrong, or need updating..

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Could you please peruse this post and include a DxDiag report? I'm seeing a lot of crashes in Effects.dll with error code 5, indicating an access violation or memory fault of some kind, so it would be very interesting to see what the hardware/driver situation is like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Looking at the .CRASH files confirms it, Effects.dll is part of the dump.

And the way you describe it, it's certainly some effects involved.

Most likely:

- Sound / drivers for sound / sound device.

Not sure if you can find new drivers for that Logitech USB headset - but try to not us it and see what happens. (And maybe test uninstalling it).

Next possible cause:

- OS/chipset drivers - having problems operating PCI/USB bus.

In this case you need to verify that you have all the drivers you need for the chipset and Windows 7.

Or anything that can interfere with sounds / graphics being produced normally on your PC. (Hint, if you have some special sounds-software / studio / codecs etc).

ATI drivers looks ok, I doubt it's the graphics in this situation.

I did notice you have a webcam - not sure if the software / capture etc can interfere with DCS. We'll just keep that one in the back of our minds for later.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Mods - remove all mods - some have been known to cause such problems. Some mods also may break original files, if thats the case you need to reinstall DCS to a clean folder, and test on a vanilla DCS install.

DCS is patched as well I hope - DCS 1.0.1c EN for a English DCS?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I had the same problem previously as well, crashes only on effects.dll, explosions, etc. posted here (under a previous username "Ginsu"). Nothing seemed to work. However, following a fresh install of the game (the 'nuclear' option), things seemed to correct themselves. Might need to try that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

War-Hawks

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Intel i7 Gulftown 3.46GHz CPU

MountainMods Ascension Case

EVGA 4X SLI Classified MOBO

3 X EVGA GTX 580 Hydrocopper

Koolance Water Cooling

Silverstone 1500W PSU

24GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

Started my first campaign yesterday. The 3rd mission "Stronghold" in the first campaign has crashed on me for the 3rd time. It happens around the time just after I've taken out the 1 or all of the bunkers?

Edit: Had to disable Adaptive AA in addition to already disabled Catalyst AI for my graphics card, so it's all good now.

Edited by LeadBird