No cockpit camera angle restriction

airtom

This mod is intended for TrackIR users, allowing free look within FOV of TrackIR with no sudden camera stops at ingame view boundaries.

Here's the mod:

X:\Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\View\View.lua

Line 106:

CameraAngleRestriction[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] =  {1,60,0.4}

change to ->

CameraAngleRestriction[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] =  {[b]0[/b],60,0.4}
---------------------------------------------^^^

Change the value 1 to 0 for all aircrafts you want to have without limits (example is for Su27).

I made also ModMan compatible mod on lockonfiles.com, but it's waiting for validation. I will paste link here as soon as it's validated.

EDIT:

Here is lockonfiles link:

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=269&lid=1723&ttitle=FC2_no_cockpit_camera_angle_restriction#dldetails

Edited by airtom

Nice, but it lets you see the ugly parts on the bottom of the cockpit. I prefer these in server.lua:

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = {180.0, -75.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = {180.0, -75.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = {140.0, -65.0, 140.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = {140.0, -80.0, 140.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = {180.0, -75.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = {180.0, -65.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = {180.0, -72.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {180.0, -80.0, 180.0}

CameraAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] ={180.0, -65.0, 180.0}

Well, I rather prefer no limit at all and free look with TrackIR (which already has some limits). So this way as long as I turn my head within TrackIR FOV there is no ugly camera stop at boundaries set by CameraAngleLimits !

And I don't really care about missing body parts, because never look that way down ;)

PS: Why should you be limited when looking straight up?

Edited by airtom

PS: Why should you be limited when looking straight up?

To simulate reality. Your helmet, ejection seat and harness would be in the way IRL and preventing you, unless you have no ligaments in your neck. :smilewink:

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

To simulate reality. Your helmet, ejection seat and harness would be in the way IRL and preventing you, unless you have no ligaments in your neck. :smilewink:

Watch real pilots:

Do you still think, they cannot look straigt up? ;) I'm pretty sure, they can look wherever they want and I don't really see helmet limiting them. And btw. it's not only about helmet limitations, they still can turn their body the direction they need.

So no, you're wrong. To simulate reality, there shouldn't be view limitations. (at least not the default limits)

@ theGozr

Those youtube links are from your post ;)

Edited by airtom

Yes The Real pilot can move for sure as myself in a real fast aircraft.

Each plane has it's limits some more and some much less.

IRL you can' t turn your head in 360 but i did in many occasion bang against the canopy.

The 3D cockpit of ED have a serious limit in 3D or you will go through them like in FSX for example. This is why i made the mod with some settings to respect the 3D as much as it is possible with giving more of a reality touch with out the broken neck that suffer many other sims.

It's great that everyone can play with it and it's cool :)

Like i was saying in a Rise of Flight subject ( i'm working on the 6DOF there ) The pilot it self should have some sort of physics in different axis.. And been in a fast aircraft is not by far as smooth as people think.

Head movements, forces and atmospheric physics are what i'm looking for ..

S~

Fly it like you stole it..

I agree. But you must be aware of fact, that many virtual pilots are using TrackIR. View limits shouldn't be set by game, but by TrackIR itself, otherwise you will have sudden stops at view boundaries. Especially when looking up.

I really hated (while tracking enemy in dogfight) when camera suddenly get stuck and I wasn't able to look just a little bit further...

Btw. in Black Shark, there are no view limitations, so why should be in FC2 ? ;)

Oh, and one thought. Didn't ED put view limitations into cockpit just because of not full 3D cockpit model and missing some parts?

Edited by airtom