New "tweaked" frogfoot's AFM - Do you like it?

Which aspect of the old AFM was hardcore and the new one is not?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Are you talking about the vanilla or T?

Both...I dont know,seems like planes now are to much stable on low speeds but ,in the same time,very logy on med speeds,...dont you think that flying in frogs in 1.12 was more enjoyable?

And planes not so aptly even without payload, like fat frogs,you know ;).Flying with or without payload is almost the same,only speed are diferent...

Edited by Vecko

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

I have a feeling that ED knew what they were doing when they were tweaking the FMs. Is there anything particularly peculiar about the handling that you have a problem with?

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

I'm afraid that only real su-25 pilot can tell us...If is more realistic i'm OK with that but, IS IT realy?

ED has contacts with real Su-25 pilots. ;)

Though there are parts of it that aren't possible to simulate. For example, if you want to simulate a Su-25 gun run you might want to put your FFB into overdrive to simulate the violent shaking that the recoil causes - bad enough to potentially cause instrument failures. :P

I don't know if that is true for the new T-Frog-style 25's with their new gun mounting though.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yep Su25 can use their gun only in idle power of engines, if don't the pilot risks airplane damages.

But about LO's Su-25T.... I noticed it is much slower :O, and A-10 is like arcade now, I feel this in A-10.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

and A-10 is like arcade now, I feel this in A-10.

The A-10 to me, flies exactly the way it did in 1.1, Its always been easy going.

And the A/Tfrogs, do seem a bit tame, especially landing the Tfrog. The tires don't pop as easy. If it's more realistic, then I likes it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

I like it. I never been around a real SU-25, much less flown in one, but looking at some of the videos available online, FC 2.0 seems more accurate.

I have seen HUD videos were the aircraft is diving with 700+ kph and no vibrations (if they are indeed SU-25, I could not tell) You can now duplicate this in FC2.0, but you could not in 1.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67-plMKDzI

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The Su-25A flies great now.. has nice feeling to it and flying it does remind me of footage of Su-25A in rocket attacks very closely so I think ED did a good job and tweaking its flight model but then again I am not a real pilot nor have I even flown in one so I can't say if it's realistic or not, but sure does give good impresion on me.

In FC1 I did not fly the A version at all, and if it was very rare... now it actually can do decent job in ground attacks granted, that there are no SAM defences in area like TOR's OSA's etc.

No longer active in DCS...

Salute!

I share opinion like my college Vecko. Frogfoot's now fly like a children's kate !! Very nice and slice. If it's the real thing what was that ''thing'' in FC 1.12 -flying break!? For me Frogfoot was much challenged in FC 1.12... Not to mention difficulties during delivering the bombs (CCRP/CCIP mode). Now things are much easier...

PS. Somewhere I read opinion of american's pilots, I think they were A-10 pilots, who had chance to fly Su-25 that Su-25 have much better flight characteristics then A-10...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Slightly different point, but in FC2 the AFM aircraft operate with new atmospheric modeling, in particular the new turbulence model and wind model, which is now affected by the ground surface. Both of these should provide a more dynamic flight environment at different altitudes.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Slightly different point, but in FC2 the AFM aircraft operate with new atmospheric modeling, in particular the new turbulence model and wind model, which is now affected by the ground surface. Both of these should provide a more dynamic flight environment at different altitudes.

Wow, this is very interesting, since AFAIK Black Shark doesn't have such a model. At least, I recall reading previously that wind effects due to hills were not modeled. Presumably this too is being ported to Black Shark with the compatibility patch? Or am I mistaken and this is already in DCS?

Wow, this is very interesting, since AFAIK Black Shark doesn't have such a model. At least, I recall reading previously that wind effects due to hills were not modeled. Presumably this too is being ported to Black Shark with the compatibility patch? Or am I mistaken and this is already in DCS?

Black Shark DOES feature this modeling. I flew last night in a campaign over the mountains on a very high altitude for helicopters and although the temperature was 15c on Sea Level, I turned on the rotor anti-ice and the EKRAN STILL gave me a warning of ice built-up on rotor blades. While I was climbing over the mountain there was a sudden shake and start losing altitude pretty fast, I did not crash thankfully, I managed to overcome it and restarted the climb in a much slower rate. Unfortunately later an Mi-24 shot me down with its gunpods :doh:

Edit: I'll fly the mission again later when I finish work. I finally got pumped up with Black shark AFTER an entire year!!!

Edit #2: To stay on topic: I think the Su-25A and T are much more enjoyable now, although they are a bit easier to fly.

Edited by Innerloop

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Su-25T in FC1 flew worse than Fw 190 A-8 with gun pods and 500kg bomb in IL-2 Sturmovik. The plane was not able to make 180° turn without losing 1km of altitude and bellow 1min. Present FM looks much more realistic to me. Our AF had old Su-25s in inventory and the thing was said to be quite nimble, able to compete in maneuvering with faster jets at low altitude.

I agree Su-25A is now much more powerfull than in FC 1. I like it a bit :D I admire pilots in real life who had to fly this against IR sams and stingers, where one hit and you are dead (weak engines protection).

Rocket run is now sexy :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Rocket run is now sexy :D

Oh yes ! The detonation of rockets after impact is very impressive ! ! !

"... it smell's like Victory !" (Apocalypse Now movie)

A-10 and Su-25 are two different airplanes, have different wings and fly very differently. Pilots flying Su-25 in Afghanistan were able to visually spot small targets, turn around and destroy it. That tells you how nimble this aircraft is/was. Su-25 FM look very well to me in FC 2.0.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

...when we start talking about Frog-foot, let's mention delivery of cluster bombs now. It's little beat harder then in FC 1.12... For good dispersal of bomblets from canister, now You must take care to have proper altitude, angle...