FPS killer

shea1980

:helpsmilie:Hi all i bought black shark but its not running great can anyone please tell me what options is best to turn off to get better FPS,thanks in advance guys:helpsmilie:oh yes sorry

intel i7 920

gigabite udr3 mobo

nvidia gtx 280

3 gig of ram

500gig hdd

windows 7 64bit

i have most settings on high except view distance and i am getting around 20fps

Edited by shea1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some fast tips: Mirrors off (huge fps killer), low visibility, water low,

cockpit display (shkval) 256, remember to run in full screen, download latest patch (uses all cores), turn down some AA/AF on your GPU, Vsync off, download gamebooster, defrag often, have some GB´s left on disk for paging files (at least 5GB or more) and yeah, Frazers tweak guide helped me A LOT and is HIGHLY recommended! :) Good luck!

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

Yes Frazers tweak guide is awesome, make sure you read the whole thread as I think there are some little things here and there you may miss otherwise.

Welcome to the addiction!

Toast

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. and When All Else Fails, Aviate More :pilotfly:

First thing is turning water to normal and cockpit resolution to 512. Then you can start tweaking other settings.

Doesn't turning down the rez on your cockpit make the labels hard/impossible to read?

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't turning down the rez on your cockpit make the labels hard/impossible to read?

The option is rather "mislabeled" - IMO it affects the Shkval resolution only.

At least on my Nvidia rig it has never affected the cockpit res outside the Shkval for me.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

The option is rather "mislabeled" - IMO it affects the Shkval resolution only.

At least on my Nvidia rig it has never affected the cockpit res outside the Shkval for me.

Agreed; the Texture setting affects the quality of most of the cockpit, while Cockpit Resolution only affects the Shkval (and in BS the ABRIS).

Isn't it named "Resolution of Cockpit Displays"?!

Can't understand why people would confuse that with cockpit texture, even though it is a fairly common misconception here on the forums...

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll