Finally moving on from X35.. what to get?

My X35 is still going strong, yes there is a little slop, but it's still working fantasticly after many years of use! But i feel it's way overdue to upgrade.

I'm looking for advice on my next HOTAS setup.

I love the Saitek layout on my X35 and the X52 Pro, but i also like the idea of FF and Dual Throttle on the G940. Im also very interested by the X65, but im worried that force sensing technology will not translate very well to helo simulation. I know all sticks will be fine for jet's, but im really after advice regarding how well they go with Black Shark. Also, as the X35 has the rudder axis on the throttle, which i am well and truly used to, does the saitek "twist" rudder work well? Does it feel weird flying the chopper whilst twisting the stick?

I know the G940 comes with rudder pedals, but i have also heard alot of bad reviews about it (slop, software bugs, ff issues), and that it's a very different feel from saitek gear, if thats what you're used to. Im in a position to buy either the X52 Pro, the X65-F or the G940..

Let me know what you think..

well to be honest, i think none of the offered HOTAS solutions is perfect for helicopter flying. I use an FCC2 moded HOTAS Cougar for FC2. I used to fly the X52Pro, too. But for BlackShark and FSX, I moded my older ch fighterstick, to place the housing on the ground and have the grip with a light 30 degrees deplace, above my knees. so i have much more control from center position and i think you can build some same solution with your old X35 aswell. most important is that the pcb is working fine.

the collectiv i use is a DIY- replic of the Bo- 105 helo. you can see some pics in my album,

i try to upload more pics of the ch fighterstick mod mechanical aspects this evening...

but back to your question, i haven t checked x65 yet nor G940, some of my pilot comrades told that g940 is good.. but i think there is really no good solution for Helo pilots on the market yet, which has good price and quality..

cheers

Scud

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i finally went for the X52 Pro. I was scared away from the Logitech because of all the problems and im not a big fan of FFB, and i didn't go for the X65, because it's still very new but mostly because i really dont think i will like force sensing. I have grown up with the tactile feel of a stick that moves. FS is probably fine for modern jet sims in terms of realism, but for choppers and WWII and WWI aircraft it would feel just too weird...

I also prefer to see if they come out with a version that has a movable stick.. because if they do, i'll probably sell this X52 and grab it... because i love the layout and design + expandability, but i really am not keen on Force Sensing..

That is exactly what I felt about it when I got it home the first time. But it grew on my and now I really like it =)

But first impressions last, hope you have better luck with your next one!

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll