A10 ILS Nav mode?

When the A10 is in ILS NAV mode the HUD displays a differant set of waypoints that dont appear to be selectable. Is this correct? and if so do the waypoints refer to Airfields? or a flight path for landing sent from the tower?

Have not flown the A10 in FC2 yet, but here is some guidance.

Points to note and help you .

Key 1 is nav submode,

Key LCTL~ is next, to cycle through landing strips or waypoints.

Nav sub modes (always in this sequence)

1. blank, does nothing, but tells you which mode you are in, and which is next.

2. En-route, your preset waypoints,

3. Return, the point in space which lines you up for your approach to the selected runway

4. Landing, the actual runway bearing (same as ILS mode).

In 2,3,4 you can cycle using the next button, to get next waypoint or runway.

Note to find which waypoint is selected, simply cycle the submode back to the nav mode. Every time you go through the passive mode, you are cycled back to waypoint 1. Note this is not the same for runways, and changing the submodes always leaves you back to the same runway you had already selected.

Here is a document written for the Su25, but equally applies to aircraft with no moving map or mfd flight plan, or where this is damaged or not working.

Finding your way around in the Su25

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that guys. Crunch's link cleared things up for me :)

The AmFor aircraft display it differently. The number you see is the last WP +2. So, if you have TO, WP1, WP2, LAND. What you see will be: 4 ILSN when you go to the Return submode. Presumably "WP3" (so to speak) is the Initial Approach Point (Fix) and WP4 (i my example) is the base itself.

Also, you cannot select the return airbase as you can in the RusFor cockpits. The only way to change the briefed landing airbase is by calling "Inbound". The reply will come from the closest airbase and your Return nav data will change to reflect the new base.

Been so long I forgot how it worked so I am glad you brought it up.

"Also, you cannot select the return airbase as you can in the RusFor cockpits. The only way to change the briefed landing airbase is by calling "Inbound". The reply will come from the closest airbase and your Return nav data will change to reflect the new base."

This unfortunaltey can no longer be done in FC2. If you call Inbound you are still stuck with your original homeplate.

is there a full keychart for the a10? i do not mean the .pdf -files included in the installation-folder. e.g.: the comm-menue " / -> F4 -> F4" = declare.

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->