lo cost cockpit problem

Nasty76

Hi guys i make fast my monitor , wood frames where is buttons like flare panels and arbis 1-5 buttons and many more , now i got major problem i have 2 axel what i want use engine left and right cut-off valve but totally lost is that possible to get joystick axel ? black shark only use them rctrl+ pg up and rctrl + page down?

very happy is some one know how to make this work :)

you can use SIOC to physically interface your pots with export.lua and BS : look at Oakes threads and project site.

or look at the touchpal thread

that script below will do that ;

in both cases you have to edit the export.lua as to have it work with the scripts (see touchpal or SIOC documentation and projects for more infos)

ex with touchpal :

<!-- Valve engine fuel -->

<Button Name="A001">

<NetworkID>554</NetworkID>

<Width>70</Width>

<Height>250</Height>

<DefaultValue>0.0</DefaultValue>

<BackgroundImage>pictKpaw\A001p3.png</BackgroundImage>

<State>

<StateValue>1.0</StateValue>

<Image>pictKpaw\A001p1.png</Image>

<PushedAction>NS:C,4,3009,0.0</PushedAction>

</State>

<State>

<StateValue>0.0</StateValue>

<Image>pictKpaw\A001p2.png</Image>

<PushedAction>NS:C,4,3009,1.0</PushedAction>

</State>

</Button>

<Button Name="A002">

<NetworkID>555</NetworkID>

<Width>60</Width>

<Height>250</Height>

<DefaultValue>0.0</DefaultValue>

<BackgroundImage>pictKpaw\A002p3.png</BackgroundImage>

<State>

<StateValue>1.0</StateValue>

<Image>pictKpaw\A002p1.png</Image>

<PushedAction>NS:C,4,3010,0.0</PushedAction>

</State>

<State>

<StateValue>0.0</StateValue>

<Image>pictKpaw\A002p2.png</Image>

<PushedAction>NS:C,4,3010,1.0</PushedAction>

</State>

</Button>

look also here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=810897

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

argh i m too stupid where i got that sioc ?

i use opencockpit usbaxis cards is that relevant? big thanks that fast answer

ah ok now i find that sioc lets see if i can get work that.

oh and no 2 cards what i have sioc not control them is there any other way to got joystick axis to cut of valves ?

Edited by Nasty76

whatever is your card or hardware, you allways have to use :

hardware method :

you have a directX axe input recognized in windows and then you affect that axe to the BS command in the options of the game

software method :

your card should be driven by a software

that soft should send strings to export.lua via udp or tcp port.

then you have to edit the export.lua (as explained and used in touhpal and sioc projects as exemples) to have it activate the connection and ports and to interprete the received string for BS via the 'performclickableaction' lua syntax in export.lua

now i tested that many ways and i cant that work. My card is regular game joystick where is 5 axis and 24 buttons. Buttons work fine in bs when i use only push switches and that is enough me this moment but that axis use is problematic becouse i not get mapped in bs axis if bs itself not axis setup :( and i dont find there where engine cut off valves can use one of game card axis. so i need buy sioc programmed card if i want use that?

The engine cutoff valves shouldnt be on axis. In real life they are either open or closed. There is no inbetween or partially open. The handles move in 90 degree movements simply to make it a very intentional and deliberate action to either open or close the fuel line. If you want to simulate this, you would need to build a custom control with a switch on both ends rather than a potentiometer.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

yes Sweinhart, you are totally right, I forgot that point.

He can use a simple contact pressed at each extremity of the travel of the end of the handle,

BUT

in his strategy, each contact is used for one button, and there will be is another problem : in BS you have only one key input for open and off.

so without programmation, it will be difficult to use the two contacts. He will open OR close but not the two !

so you fall again on same problem as above

Nasty76,

Since you use only Opencockpit USB card (5 axis, 24 buttons) - and not Opencockpit I/O Master Card - I think that SIOC scrips don't work...

Try with JoyToKey 3.7.9 software: in Preferences check box "Use axes other than X and Y" and use this 2 spare axis to generate key press (rctrl+ pg up/down) to control cut-off valves.

Map the same keys for axis > and axis <.

Sokol1_Br

yeah thanks man i now use that joy to key program and that work BUT only problem is if axis is up or down computer see that button pushed alltime and not sure is that good think. but that work now and frames are ok so i keep that with joy to key , weird problem occured too that bs when i try map mastercaution button wich is m to my gamecontroller button 1 when u push that cockpit u hear click sound but button not bushed correctly thats why i use joy to key mapping my game button 1 to m cos i dont understand why that button not work directly master caution push light. i know that cards what i use is little useless in black shark but this time that is fine for me and if there is player online i make that real cockpit to work but that is big project and when i start do that i dont want make that to hurry so i can fly this time my lowcost cockpit i put pics soon that so u guys can laugh very loud :=)

Big thanks guys who want help noob like me :)

oh and no i have now major monitor problem, i have read all stuff what ppl say to dual monitor config but just not get work that i use 64 bit vista and bs is not full screen and my main monitor is 1680x1050 and second is 800x600 and putted that windows conf to right up corner so that start 1680x0 but i try all stuff but nothing appears my second monitor

ah allmoust forgot i want main monitor normal cockpit view and little one shkval.

Realy big thanks ppl who want help.

wihiii now i feel like king , i just got that multimonitor but is there any trick to got multimonitor support and i can go multiplayer?

Edited by Nasty76