FC2 FMs F15..

Just got FC2 and tried the f15 first thing. Finding the f15 quite different to FC1. It felt heavier, if thats the word in FC1. Now, I might need some help setting up my CH joystick controller. But, it seems to me the f15 is now very sensitive, oscillates. The FM in general reminds me of Falcon 4 now. More of an on rails kind of feel. Which may be quite realistic, I have no way of knowing. I have not tried any other a/c in this sim yet. Anyone here like to chime in. That said, good upgrade, checked my records, spent money on FC1 way back in 2005. What the heck. Gaming goodness for 30 bucks every 5 years. Your thoughts on the FMs in general would be appreciated as well as setting up, dead zones and the like.

Ensured simulation mode. Maybe its just me, but I get the feeling that I seem to be rolling without input. I have to check roll with input, opposite aileron. Seems stability is a bit off. Something to do with trim, do the US birds have trim? Anyone else? Perhaps I could do a trk and get an FM guru to have a look?

my first thought is the need for some dead zone in your stick roll axis

i found the default game settings made my blackshark roll left,

add a little deadzone and all fixed

adjust your in game joy axis for roll and pitch to have a little deadzone

when setting it up give your stick a flick to ensure your deadzone is

greater than your spiking centre, if that is the actual cause of your problem

for the eagle you may prefer to have a gentle axis curve rather than the linear input recommended for the AFM

Pursuant to previous posts. Have done some fiddling with deadzones etc. Pretty sure its not my controller. Eg, I bank in the f15, trying to hold a constant bank angle. Finding I have put in opposite aileron to maintain that angle. Also finding the nose starting to lift. Hmmm.

If you have other CH controllers go to setup and check axis for them, the ministick on the throttle might also be programmed as aileron and elevator control, as might some axis on the pedals, I only use Lockons controller setup, that let me tweak it for the individual plane plus it's real easy to do in the sim.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

For "SFM" planes (all except Su-25 and Su-25T), the general recommendation is to set a significant curve (30-40). For "AFM" aircraft, little to no curve is recommend. However, at the end of the day, it's your set-up and your HOTAS, so make it the way it works for you.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules