FC2.0: F15C: Campaign Mission 6 AAR

Ven

Mission 6 turned out to be quite a thriller. Just from the briefing, I can tell it is going to be a handful. 16 bogeys total. My task will be the Group 1 consist of 4 ship MIG-29 and 4 ship SU-25. Looks like Uzi's got tougher task.

briefing.jpg

Once airborn and at WP2, I get the picture from the AWACS. Just as the briefing but seems we have a bit of problem. MIG's have split in altitude. 2 of them at medium altitude and the other 2 in the dirt with SU-25's. Gonna have to deal with the top 2 and then dig low.

ScreenShot_002.jpg

AWACS giving me the heads up. Top one I believe is the two MIG's and the low is the MIG's and SU-25's.

ScreenShot_003.jpg

I like Fulcrums as they don't have jammers. Same strategy. Lock up as many as I can, launch missiles to make them go defensive and tell my wingmen to engage while I evade.

ScreenShot_004.jpg

Fox 3

ScreenShot_006.jpg

This time, I dive as I turn away to setup for the group in the dirt.

ScreenShot_007.jpg

Casualty list so far... one unfortunately is my wing 2.

ScreenShot_013.jpg

I turn back to see what's going on out there. Two bogeys still mixing up with 3 and 4.

ScreenShot_019.jpg

Just as I'm about to give them a hand, 3 reports a kill.

ScreenShot_021.jpg

There should still be 2 more out there but I only see one. Not good.

ScreenShot_023.jpg

I finish him up anyway with 120C. That SU-25 didn't stand a chance.

ScreenShot_024.jpg

Hmm... AWACS telling me it's clean... wonder what happened to the 8th bogey.

ScreenShot_026.jpg

Cont....

Edited by Ven

Not so fast... crap... Uzi's got creamed.

ScreenShot_027.jpg

Let's look at the damage... I'm counting 3 remaining at least. Disappointed at Uzi flight.

ScreenShot_028.jpg

Same strategy... lock them up as many as I can and fire. Order 3 and 4 to engage my target. Don't use engage bandit command.

ScreenShot_029.jpg

Breaking...

ScreenShot_030.jpg

Would you look at that... low percentage shot does make a kill some times.

ScreenShot_031.jpg

These belong to my fine wingmen.

ScreenShot_033.jpg

Another one for number 3. Man he's a super hero.

ScreenShot_036.jpg

Well... those 4 were just the Flankers... 3 SU-24's are still kicking too. My mistake for not spotting them earlier. Trusted the Uzi flight too much. They only scored one Fencer kill and got annihilated? Who trained those rookies?

ScreenShot_037.jpg

There goes my last 120C.

ScreenShot_038.jpg

Now all I got are sidewinders so I gotta go visual... and they prove to be quite reliable.

ScreenShot_039.jpg

Just as I finish off the last SU-24, I dodge a close one. Must've been an IR as there was no warning and I should've known when I saw him coming straight at me but stupid me. Whew... at least my IR worked better than his. Made in USA baby!!!

ScreenShot_040.jpg

Again... that was a lot of work and at some point in the second engagement, I lost number 4. Hope he ejected but I'm happy with the kill ratio.

ScreenShot_041.jpg

Debriefing shows that 4 exchanged blows with a Flanker. It says dead and then eject... not sure what that means actually... hope he's okay.

debrief.jpg

This one was a bit long because it was a long engagement.

Mission 3 AAR

Mission 4 AAR

Mission 5 AAR

Mission 6 AAR

Mission 7 AAR

Mission 8 AAR

Mission 9 AAR

Mission 10 AAR

Edited by Ven
  • Like 1

Ven so you use TWS as I see from the pictures. You lock all the targets so you can assign numbers then fire missiles to every one of them and then break? You don't have to have radar lock on the targets?

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Ven so you use TWS as I see from the pictures. You lock all the targets so you can assign numbers then fire missiles to every one of them and then break? You don't have to have radar lock on the targets?

Well, with straight forward engagement, I usually "try" to lock each one up in STT then order each of my wing to "engage my target" And I also fire one myself as I'm giving orders. Because if I lock 4 of them in TWS and give orders to all 3 of my wing, I believe they all go after the primary. Which brings up a question I had... is there way to cycle through the bugged targets in TWS? Then on the second pass (after making 360 turn), I use TWS because I can see everyone's heading and altitude.

Or depending on the situation, I may use TWS in long range... for example when I need to sort the targets based on their altitude. Mission 7 I believe was this case. And when the enemy are already merged, I use TWS and launch missiles to multiple targets. But in general, when the enemy are 30~40nm away, I use LRS. When they're closer, TWS. But again, it's not a hard rule and sometimes I even forget to follow it myself :doh:

Edited by Ven

Thanks Ven. I am way better with helicopters than fixed wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.