Training Videos

Ok. I downloaded and installed all training videos.

But...

...they're absolutely mistaken!

Someone is doubled or missing, in many others they show wrong procedures...

LoMac 1.0 (and thus FC 1.1) training lessons were clear and precise.

About FC2 videos i can say: "very bad work!". I hope ED will fix this.

:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS

Ok. I downloaded and installed all training videos.

But...

...they're absolutely mistaken!

Someone is doubled or missing, in many others they show wrong procedures...

LoMac 1.0 (and thus FC 1.1) training lessons were clear and precise.

About FC2 videos i can say: "very bad work!". I hope ED will fix this.

:(

Even i'm not able to find the tracks for the training missions shown in the downloadable videos and website:

Shouldn't they being included in the download of fc 2.0 ?

Mine are missing...

Being able to stop and actually rewind could be very usefull for a noob like me :)

Even i'm not able to find the tracks for the training missions shown in the downloadable videos and website:

Shouldn't they being included in the download of fc 2.0 ?

Videos are here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?scr=products&end_pos=135

They are not included in the download version because it's more flexible this way. Mind you they are almost 5 GB so if you don't want them, don't download them.

BTW, Su-25T videos are up!

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Two things:

1. Still the same railway station sound for voiceover :(

Russian version is much clearer (and if I knew Russian...). Voice is too silent in relation to environment sounds, and is very distorted.

2. What was the PC configuration used to make videos? In Su-25T when Shkval is slewed around, not only that it makes no hiccups whatsoever, but detail on the TV is amazing!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

• ED Team

A few comments:

1- We apologize for some of the videos not being uploaded yet. We hope to resolve this very soon.

2- To reduce the file size of the videos, we had to record at a relatively low resolution of 1020x768. Even then, some of the files are nearly 1 GB.

3- The voice overs were recorded very clean but an effect filter was applied to make them sound authentic to a real radio transmission. We're sorry that some users do not like this but it will not be changed.

Edited by Wags

Thanks, no prob on waiting, plenty to learn and/or to relearn.

Effect filter is way too strong (kinda overkill), especially in flyby shots - cannot understand a word. Mostly I'm guessing, but if were not to know what it is about...

Instructional videos should be easy to understand. Besides, it is UNrealistic to receive instructions over radio during actual flight :)

Instructions should be given beforehand, in simulator, and in clear voice ;)

You developer notes on Ka-50 were much, much better. Maybe not what one would call a professional work or realistic, but I never missed a word. Learned more from them then reading the manual (which I never did, cos it was not needed, hehehehe) :D

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

A few comments:

2- To reduce the file size of the videos, we had to record at a relatively low resolution of 1020x768. Even then, some of the files are nearly 1 GB.

Shame - kinda spoils the delivery at my res.... but I understand the filesizes.... maybe somebody can chip in and make some user training - think this would be good for the new guys and girls who may have missed lock on etc.

Videos are here:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?scr=products&end_pos=135

They are not included in the download version because it's more flexible this way. Mind you they are almost 5 GB so if you don't want them, don't download them.

BTW, Su-25T videos are up!

What i mean is actually having in game .trk training missions that you can stop and control at any time, not videos only.

@ WAGS

In blackshark i can start these training missions from the training menu, it sounds strange to me to actually being not able to find the .trk mission files from the training videos you already posted in the website. The videos are also stating clearly "You can pause and review the training at any time." and "Now press control and destroy the remaining targets".

What i'm asking is: "there are some training missions files .trk available, like those included in the blackshark ?"

IronHand has to do them :)

The videso are huge for a poor quality ( low ingame quality with very poor FPS ) and i can't understand the words well .. i admit.. using Insim track was the best way imo.

Svetlano= agreed

Edited by theGozr
  • Like 1

Fly it like you stole it..

• ED Team

If we used tracks, the FC2 would probably still not be released and a following-on patch would have likely broken them.

As I have stated multiple times before, the track files system is not practical given changes to code breaks the playback. In fact, just two or three days before final code we had to make an FM change that would have broken all track files and thereby requiring a complete re-recording (3-4 weeks of work).

Edited by Wags

The ones without videos in the Download link page.

ok. but will you fix videos like IRST training for su27 (now it's replaced by the BVR radar training mission duplicate), CAC (which plays completely wrong procedures) and so on... ???

thanx for your support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
ok. but will you fix videos like IRST training for su27 (now it's replaced by the BVR radar training mission duplicate), CAC (which plays completely wrong procedures) and so on... ???

thanx for your support.

Yes

Are all of these videos available on YouTube as well? If so are they all under EagleDCS? I could only find 3 of the SU-27 vids under user EagleDCS, for instance. Is there a link somewhere to all of the videos on YouTube?

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

I understand the situation of Video training which are not in good quality on download section.

just an suggestion, provide a greater better graphic quality on the officially DVD release sets.

just an idea.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Yes, I'd been there, but there are videos missing, and there seems to be no order.

Let me say that I appreciate these videos very much. I know the time and headache it takes to produce them.

Edited by StrongHarm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

thanx for your support.

Yes

ok fine.

i hope ED staff release them soon.

imho, it could be interesting to have a translated version of the russian videos, which are much more complete and clear.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

About FC2 videos i can say: "very bad work!". I hope ED will fix this.:(

Agreed. That "effect filter" caused the english voice unclear and hard to understand (especially to non english-speaking). I also hoped this will be removed, but now I see that was a wishful thinking... :/

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

"Digital" pilots indeed! If you can't understand the videos you certainly would never understand radio chatter. Take a listen http://www.liveatc.net. This video sounds much more clear that most coms you'll ever hear.

Does anyone know if all of the videos are available on youtube? I can't seem to find them all. I like watching them on my iphone while I'm supposed to be listening to my wife.

"Digital" pilots indeed! If you can't understand the videos you certainly would never understand radio chatter. Take a listen http://www.liveatc.net. This video sounds much more clear that most coms you'll ever hear.

You know what the Word "Training" means?

What a BS talking :doh:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.