3Sqn Dedicated (FC2)

Grimes

3Sqn is excited to announce the return of The 3Sqn Dedicated server. The server is running Servman for all those needed admin abilities. We have two missions that will be placed into rotation.

"A New Battlefield"

The Red side features Russia stationed at Maykop, Mineral, and Nal'Chik against a blue coaltion of USA, Georgia, and Ukraine who are stationed at Guduata, Sukhumi and Tshakaya. AI flight operations are included to bring a little extra spice to the battlefield.

The mission is available in a few different flavors that change the season, weather, and mission start time for added flexibility. The mission features random unit placement triggers creating unique locations for medium and short range sam sites.

"Capturing Maykop"

I started it in Black Shark two weeks before FC2 was released. It has over 400 triggers and will no doubt set a benchmark for what is possible with the mission editor. More details to come as I finalize and ready the mission for online play, but you can bet the mission has something to do with Maykop.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Further details on "Capturing Maykop." I just finished the first Release Candidate so expect to see this mission up in our server soon! On the plus side everything is in working order and the A2A component is completed. The A2G aspect of the mission is still a WIP but there are ground targets for both sides to destroy.

Capturing Maykop is the first dynamic mission to be brought online for Flaming Cliffs 2. What makes it dynamic you ask? Well now players actions or in-actions can have an effect on the battlefield.

Both teams are attempting to capture Maykop airbase. Maykop is a strategic and tactical asset either side can use. Its ownership can switch between either Red and Blue throughout the match. Here's how it works.

There are 5 stages to the mission

Stage 1. Secure airspace

Stage 2. Protect Convoy

Stage 3. Capture the base

Stage 4. Reinforce the Base

Stage 5. Keep the base.

Stage 1.

map_radius.jpg

A 25km Capture Zone encircles Maykop. This zone is classified as the "Airspace" around the base.

player%20aircraft.jpg

Each side has 8 aircraft capable of securing the airspace. It takes ANY TWO (2) to secure it. Securing the airspace is done by having any two capture aircraft in the zone for ten (10) minutes and keeping all enemy fighters out of the zone.

Things to note:

• Each of these aircraft has a countdown timer on it once they enter the zone. So an aircraft can accumulate 10 min in the zone for capture while enemy aircraft are in the zone, but it will not capture until all enemy leave the zone.
  • Leaving the zone clears your capture time and capture status. So if you captured the airspace and leave the zone before a teammate can capture, you or another teammate must recapture the area for 10 minutes.
  • Only fighter aircraft count. Ka-50, Su-25t, Su-25A, and A-10 cannot capture or block the airspace.
  • In order to capture fighters must be above an altitude of 500m and a speed of 300 km.

Stage 2.

convoy.jpg

Once the airspace is secured a small supply convoy will drive to the base to properly capture the base. The convoy for each side should take nearly 15 minutes to arrive and setup at the base.

If they are destroyed the mission considers that your team lost the airspace and resets everything to stage 1. Where your team must recapture the airspace to send another convoy.

Stage 3.

Once the Convoy arrives at the Maykop you team can use the Airbase as a FARP and rearm and refuel your aircraft from there. But realize the risk of landing at an undefended base.

Stage 4.

If your team secures the airspace, then protects the convoy, and captures the base they will have reached the 4th stage of the game, reinforcing Maykop.

airdrop.jpg

Several waves of airdrops will take place. Each wave puts slightly more powerful sam sites into place to protect the base. First starting with SHORADS and working up to a medium range sam site. In addition to the transports either side will send in a flight to CAP over the airspace. Their main goal is to protect the transports, but also help defend the airspace.

Stage 5.

Keep the base. Expect everything, fear nothing. :music_whistling:

Notes.

At any point after Stage 3 the enemy must eliminate all ground forces at Maykop in order to clear the base. Once the base is cleared everything gets reset back to Stage 1

• Like 4

Holy cow! This beats everything we have had in casual MP server so far!:thumbup:

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I've uploaded "Capturing Maykop RC1" to the server and enabled mission voting. It takes 40% of the player vote to switch a mission.

If anything strange happens in the mission let me know. It is still heavily in development.

I took down "A New Battlefield - Summer 1900" while I do some tweaks to the core mission. "A New Battlefield -Winter 0620" is still in rotation with some slightly changed weather (removed wind at altitude to allow for tankers) and changed the blue tanker flight path.

Edited by Grimes

That looks to be a great mission enviroment. This wil be much fun and dangerous for all.:thumbup: Nice job

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Just flew a bit in the "Capture Maykop" mission, and it was great! It was incredibly hard to 'capture' the base, as enemies pushed us out of the zone, and in the end we weren't able to hold it for long enough.

The amount of triggers in the mission is just insane. Well done Grimes.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for the support guys. We had a playthough with about 14 people in it earlier and WOW. Aside from a few hiccups of settings the mission played really well and most seemed to enjoyed it. There was nothing quite like the feeling when the Red team finally captured the airspace, only for blue to press in and destroy our convoy as it just captured the base.

Please, Please, Please play the mission online and post feedback regarding it either here or at www.3sqn.com. There is so much more to do with the mission in regard to messages, adding the rest of the A2G targets, and overall gameplay mechanics. This mission is my testbed for new and cool ideas. So if I find any interesting idea I have for triggers that could be applied to this mission... it will be.

All feedback, positive or negative is welcome.

Edited by Grimes

Sounds like you've really gone to town Grimes, I look forward to taking up the challenge!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very immersive mission wow!!!

Spotted a minor detail, I'm right now playing and there is a strike force from anapa taking off, but a Tupolev bomber and a Su-34 are stuck, side to side, in the starting point of the runway and neither one or other can take off (the TU even has the afterburner engaged, but can't move). Some minutes ago a pair of Su-34 have taken off from there and two Su-30 were 50 meters flying above them.

screenshot000q.th.jpg

Also, a single Mi-28 at a FARP has the engines and rotors running but has not taken off. It just sits there burning fuel.

EDIT: I've joined the server again, some time after that, and a single Su-30 (I guess from the same strike force) was above Anapa doing circles at 10k m., perhaps he could not land because the Tu and Su-34, but cicles at such alt? I just shooted those stuck airplanes and checking what happens.

Edited by Distiler
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Very immersive mission wow!!!

Spotted a minor detail, I'm right now playing and there is a strike force from anapa taking off, but a Tupolev bomber and a Su-34 are stuck, side to side, in the starting point of the runway and neither one or other can take off (the TU even has the afterburner engaged, but can't move). Some minutes ago a pair of Su-34 have taken off from there and two Su-30 were 50 meters flying above them.

Also, a single Mi-28 at a FARP has the engines and rotors running but has not taken off. It just sits there burning fuel.

Strange. I'll add additional triggers so they wont get stuck. I never had that happen locally on my computer, but its an easy enough of a fix. My guess is the AI getting stuck might have screwed up their AI wingmen. The Mi28... it could be damaged. The blue convoy attacks that farp. I'll add a trigger to not spawn it if blue forces are nearby.

RC2 is in development with these fixes and some others.

Myself and KlarSnow from SimHQ joined up tonight as Blue A-10A 1 - 2 and A-10A 4 - 5. We're usin the SimHQ TS2 FC2 channel, but we plan to install Ventrilo before we join up again in the future.

There was a Blue on Blue just before we left when an F-15C shot down KlarSnow @ WP3 during our attack run, and I figured it was because the F-15C had mistaken us for the MiG-29 that was spikin' us near the same WP? Can anyone clarify or confirm my assumption, or was it something completely different?

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"