Will this be coming to Steam?

Gimpymoo

Much better than D2D IMO.

I see no reason why it cant be.

Mods can be used EXACTLY like any other version, well, Ive been using ARMA 2, Just Cause 2 and Battlefield 2 and others with numerous mods and what not with no issue.

Also, Starforce can also be used alongside if needed.

Edited by Gimpymoo

I see no reason why it cant be.

I do see possible reasons:

What percentage does Steam take? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That we will never know for sure owing to various NDA's.

HOWEVER, various respectable devs (Tripwire among one of them) have said that Valve took the lowest cut out of all other DD providers.

It is besides the point though, even IF it was a large percentage (Again, that we do not know) you simply increase the price to compensate).

At least people have the choice.

• 2 months later...
Looks like DCS: Black Shark is now on Steam! Hopefully this means DCS: A-10C will also be coming out on Steam... :pilotfly:

I really hope that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

My GOD, those screenshots do Black Shark no justice!!! That sim is much prettier than those poorly chosen SS's designating it so.

And also, where are those mouth-watering Glowing Ammram videos to really tilt the table on ED's favor? They are a must-show!!!

So after 2 years of lost sales, lots of popularity and "We don't do Steam, we're just hardcore." comments, ED finds about Steam! Congrats.

At least A-10 will do much better.

Edit: It also doesn't have Starforce protection, just regular unintrusive Steam DRM according to the Steam sale page. Things just got better for me.

Edited by Erdem

So after 2 years of lost sales, lots of popularity and "We don't do Steam, we're just hardcore." comments, ED finds about Steam! Congrats.

At least A-10 will do much better.

Edit: It also doesn't have Starforce protection, just regular unintrusive Steam DRM according to the Steam sale page. Things just got better for me.

Starforce on post-FC1 products are also as intrusive as it can be while still pertaining to ED's DRM philosophy. No drivers are installed and you don't even lose activations if you remember to deactivate the product.

As far as intrusiveness is concerned, the horrendous ad-riddled steam and the ad popups are much more intrusive IMO, when compared to the new non-installing online-activating starforce drivers.

Great! It would be nice to have FC2 on Steam too.

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

A high fidelity simulation is not worth $40 to you?

Steel Beasts retails for over $100.

nice, really hope A-10 will be released on steam too.

just too bad BS has a ridiculous price tag, $40 for a download version... the CD is now at least 20% cheaper than that... and come on, it's not exactly a new release...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

True, but as ridiculous as it sounds, € 10,- matters to some people (like when you have a wife who shops a lot and leaves you almost no pocket money... darnit that &*... uh wait, I'm going off-topic here.... :D )

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

I would think so, you still have all the same folders, just installed in another place, at least thats how it works with all other steam games. Granted i had a lot of trouble to find my arma II folders the first time around. Stupid me.

Edited by ShalashakaDS

A high fidelity simulation is not worth $40 to you?

Steel Beasts retails for over $100.

Of corse it is, just saying... I've always thought that download versions should be at least 50% cheaper than the physical counterparts, because of all the shipping/distribution/manufacture/taxes/etc costs. But most of the time it's the same price tag or even more expensive. I guess Valve is really taking a big piece of the cake...

Of corse it is, just saying... I've always thought that download versions should be at least 50% cheaper than the physical counterparts, because of all the shipping/distribution/manufacture/taxes/etc costs. But most of the time it's the same price tag or even more expensive. I guess Valve is really taking a big piece of the cake...

Trust me man, the Intellectual property of a product plus plus the salaries of the highly specialized engineers, programmers etc that work on the project is about 95% of what you pay. That would be highly unfair to the developer who puts in years of work only to have %50 of their revenue lost to a distribution company.

Also note, most big game developers run on the feature film philosophy now a days. The financial success of a game is determined in how well the game sells in the first X amount of days after release. After those few precious days sales will drop and you can say the climax of the revenue stream has faded. I LOATH this philosophy, because I hate the whole "PRE ORDER THIS NOW" bull S*IT. We're living in the "blockbuster" age of gaming. Simulation series for the most part don't really fall into that catagory as MUCH (I don't know how the sales list looks for Black Shark or F.C 2). They make their sales over a longer period of time, it's the older school philophy of the gaming industry. :)

Edited by element1108

Trust me man, the Intellectual property of a product plus plus the salaries of the highly specialized engineers, programmers etc that work on the project is about 95% of what you pay. That would be highly unfair to the developer who puts in years of work only to have %50 of their revenue lost to a distribution company.

Also note, most big game developers run on the feature film philosophy now a days. The financial success of a game is determined in how well the game sells in the first X amount of days after release. After those few precious days sales will drop and you can say the climax of the revenue stream has faded. I LOATH this philosophy, because I hate the whole "PRE ORDER THIS NOW" bull S*IT. We're living in the "blockbuster" age of gaming. Simulation series for the most part don't really fall into that catagory as MUCH (I don't know how the sales list looks for Black Shark or F.C 2). They make their sales over a longer period of time, it's the older school philophy of the gaming industry. :)

I agree, and I can take that even further, many people only start to buy these sims when they reach a lower price tag, and play pirated versions while they wait. I can almost be certain that Falcon 4.0 sold more in the 7 years following it's release than in the first & second combined. Simulators are always released half-done, need a lot of mods/patches and a strong community to become consistent products, so, many people aren't whiling to pay the premium $$ on release.

It's nice to have most of your games under a single application, where you don't have to worry about where you but those discs (or even if they are still working), or where the hell is your manual with you CD-key.

You don't have to worry about patches, you can select localized version as you see fit...etc.

For ED it's a chance to bring DCS to much wider audience and use some of the clever marketing methods Steam offers (play whole weekend for free and then decide whether you wanna buy it)

edit: Not to mention the reputation of Starforce

Edited by winz

It's nice to have most of your games under a single application, where you don't have to worry about where you but those discs (or even if they are still working), or where the hell is your manual with you CD-key.

You don't have to worry about patches, you can select localized version as you see fit...etc.

For ED it's a chance to bring DCS to much wider audience and use some of the clever marketing methods Steam offers (play whole weekend for free and then decide whether you wanna buy it)

I do hope it will play in favour of sim community, in this time of PC gaming crysis...