Seagate 32 GB 10.000 rpm.HD

4 Gigs of Ram

Windows XP Pro

Onboard soundcard (not used)

Onboard Graphics card (not used)

Packed into an Aerocool M40 case

25/25 Mb fiber connection

@PoleCat & Grizzly - thanks :)

Additional question: Anyone ever tried to run on rack VPS? I mean, I dunno what kind of GPU options or setting they have. Are there any rack server that can offer GPU support trough VPS? (if I put my question correctly).

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Found this after a quick search......

"Q. Which can be used as good game server, is it VPS or a Dedicated Server?

Ans :- We do not recommend using a VPS as a game server since memory and CPU allocations for a VPS are far lesser as compared to a physical dedicated server. You can try out one of VPS Hosting plans for 1 month to see if it supports games. We generally do not recommend a VPS to be used as a Game Server as most of the games are big on resources, which will dramatically slow down the server, which in turn would not be worth the money you would save."

Edited by PoleCat

Hello

Nice to see that this topic seems useful for many people :)

Thanks to all dedicated admin/users for their tips :)

I just tried (who never try never succeed) to launch simulator.exe (multiplayer game) on "my" server : I confirm an onboard graphic chipset doesn't make it :

Faulting application simulator.exe, version 1.0.2.0, faulting module DXRenderer.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0002c007.

Too bad, we succeeded with FC1 on the same hardware (PIV @ 3Ghz, 2 GB RAM, S3 ProSavage graphic chipset with 32MB shared RAM).

Well, let's continue to search for a better hardware, whithin our limited finantial ressources...:vertag:

Cheers,

Az'

spacer.png

Hi Azrayen,

I had the same problem when installing the game on my laptop, it has an Intel GMA (i don't remember which one) built-in graphic card and after I downloaded the most recent version, I managed to make the game work without any error.

(Finally I unistalled it because it was too laggy, even in the editor...:music_whistling:)

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

Hello

Nice to see that this topic seems useful for many people :)

Thanks to all dedicated admin/users for their tips :)

I just tried (who never try never succeed) to launch simulator.exe (multiplayer game) on "my" server : I confirm an onboard graphic chipset doesn't make it :

Faulting application simulator.exe, version 1.0.2.0, faulting module DXRenderer.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0002c007.

Too bad, we succeeded with FC1 on the same hardware (PIV @ 3Ghz, 2 GB RAM, S3 ProSavage graphic chipset with 32MB shared RAM).

Well, let's continue to search for a better hardware, whithin our limited finantial ressources...:vertag:

Cheers,

Az'

You can get a low profile video card for as little as $20.

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

@ Xjikz : Thanks, will try that.

[edit] it works ! Thanks ! (and what a dumb one I'm for not having though of that... :doh:)

[edit2] well, it runs, but it doesn't really works. Too low performances, game isn't usable (even from the client's PoV). Back to new hardware studies...

@ Fudd : The problem isn't about the card price, it's about the price for a server with 100Mb/s & with a graphic card ;)

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

Don;t waste your time with Art of War Cetral. They say they can run Flaming Cliffs 2.0 but it can;t and they will not refund any money. Learn from my mistakes to save your cash.

LOL yea stay away from Art of War servers, I got a IL-2 Sturmovik running there, funny thing is I sent them all the details how to set it up since they had no idea..even with the data I had to explain further to set it up. Finally got it running was great once it was done..but tech support was not much to desire..so I cancelled server...:thumbup:

If you wish to use a server provider then I suggest " Branzone Server's "( http://www.branzone.com/ ) pricer but tech support is outstanding I have been with them since 07, with BF2 Servers'

Edited by Bearitall