Favourite LockOn Aircraft

Favourite LockOn Aircraft  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite LockOn Aircraft

I love the Su25T. I am a mud mover at heart.

If it came to A2A, I would say the F15. But currently its pretty horked, so I dont fly much A2A.

When I do, its not the F15, but any of the Russian aircraft. But since I am not to sauvy with em, I seem to have no situational awareness sometimes.

A2A is much harder now. I need to practice more.

I'd say the Su-27 and the Su-25T. They are both really nice to fly. The Su-27 is so gracefull, it's like a swan, but can kick your butt if you're not careful.

The Su-25T is fun to fly, it's a challenge just to fly it in a nice manner for now. I'm still trying to learn this brick with wings. It's a joy to fly, and it has a feeling no other plane has.

But it's still a close race with the A10 a step behind. They are both fun to fly in their own way.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

Good point BUT would anyone prefer the A over the S?

Well, the Germans didn't have any S versions.

So that could be a reason for some people, yes.

There are still people preferring planes which were flown by their own forces.

Sorry, not sure how to add options to an existing poll :(

For me F-15 first (easy to fly and deadly), with the A-10 second. Done alot in the 25 and the AFM is GREAT, but the A-10 is just so easy to turn and fight!

F-15 here, I only play online and this plane allows me the most kills.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

More and more people are starting to fly the Soviet planes.. when lomac 1.0 was out , not that many people flew them.

Wrong. When 1.0 was out there were many people flying the russian planes.* The number of this people increased with 1.01, but decreased drasticaly with 1.02.

With 1.1 the number *seems* to have increased. Not sure, too early to talk. :p

The Su-33 is the best all around jet in Lock On 1.1 now PERIOD! You have bomb/missiles, you can land on land or the carrier it turns great at low speeds and doesn't stall like it did in 1.02. 27' and 33's aren't screwed against 29's and 15's now.

The Su-33 is the best all around jet in Lock On 1.1 now PERIOD! You have bomb/missiles, you can land on land or the carrier it turns great at low speeds and doesn't stall like it did in 1.02. 27' and 33's aren't screwed against 29's and 15's now.

Yeah, but I think the 33 has only one advantage towards the 27. It can land on the carrier. The 27 can also carry bombs and rockets, etc. ;)

Yeah, but I think the 33 has only one advantage towards the 27. It can land on the carrier. The 27 can also carry bombs and rockets, etc. ;)

It has the cool looking canards also...

1)Su 27

2)Su 33

3)Su 25 (probably 25 T when i can have 1.1)

4)Mig 29S

Although i fly them on a regular basis, i dont really like the US planes in Lock On. I find them far less challenging and interesting (at last for me) than their russian counterparts.

Also on the F15 i cant have a good resolution/visibility of the RWR and on the MFDs because i use a wide cockpit view angle, this is really annoying as i have to zoom on my instruments to read what is displayed each time. I also dont like the US RWR (the way it displays the threat relatively to the aircraft).

How ironic in 1.02 i didnt like the F15 much because i thought that it was too easy to make a kill, and now in the 1.1 demo i dont like the plane because the Aim120 is completly unreliable.

Its difficult to find a good balance...

I like the russian jets more, as it is easier to navigate and control the weapon system. It sometimes gets really a pain to navigate in US jets, maybe I am not good at the US avionics. I like su-27 the most, then su-33. Indeed, yesterday I bought a model kit of su-33... These jets are joy to fly.

Both the MIG29's ........ F15C ........ A10 ....... SU25 ....... {In that order}

Not a big fan of the SU27 or the SU33. Even though I fly them every once in while. But, I love the MIGS.

The A10 could have been modeled better, i.e. it bleeds off energy way too fast for the type of flying I like to do. I'll have to see if this changes, if or when I get FC 1.1.