Su25T I-251 Slew problems - using rotaries (x52pro)

MadTommy

Anyone using rotaries to slew the the I-251 horizontal & vertical? (target designator)

(Under axis commands for the Su25T)

I tried setting these up but got some very odd results. It is hard to describe as i was getting several different problems / issues at the same time, they were just not working as expected. Firstly i found the vertical one would slew the designator down as far as it could as soon as you touched the rotary..and not allow you to move it back up... then it would let you move it but by moving the rotary to its upper limits i was only able to move the designator to close to its central position. Some times the rotaries simply would not move the designator.. or it would move/jerk a small amount and then seem to be reset normally to a position looking down. More often than not only one rotary seemed to work.. sometimes the vertical, sometimes the horizontal. I deleted the key/axis assignments several times and each time got odd results.

These rotaries have given me no problems when used for other jobs, for example i use them flawlessly for trim on the A10.

Anyone use them for this job with no issues? For the time being i have reverted back to using a hat switch.

Thanks for any help.

:helpsmilie:

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

I'm using it in the SU25T for target gate and it works fine but yes need to assign a dead zone and try that also try bands...

Also if you have TDC assigned it will conflict with each-other. the TDC also can be assigned which is the same thing for the I-251 schval T.V.

Anyone using rotaries to slew the the I-251 horizontal & vertical? (target designator)

(Under axis commands for the Su25T)

I tried setting these up but got some very odd results. It is hard to describe as i was getting several different problems / issues at the same time, they were just not working as expected. Firstly i found the vertical one would slew the designator down as far as it could as soon as you touched the rotary..and not allow you to move it back up... then it would let you move it but by moving the rotary to its upper limits i was only able to move the designator to close to its central position. Some times the rotaries simply would not move the designator.. or it would move/jerk a small amount and then seem to be reset normally to a position looking down. More often than not only one rotary seemed to work.. sometimes the vertical, sometimes the horizontal. I deleted the key/axis assignments several times and each time got odd results.

These rotaries have given me no problems when used for other jobs, for example i use them flawlessly for trim on the A10.

Anyone use them for this job with no issues? For the time being i have reverted back to using a hat switch.

Thanks for any help.

:helpsmilie:

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I'll try again.. but it seemed to me to be a bug. I removed any assignment for the TDC, and still had issues.

I'd like other who use the rotaries for the I-251 to verify it works correctly for them.

Edit: Still not working.. the TDC jumps around and is unusable.

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Did you go thourgh the whole set up to make sure its not conflicting with other settings?

The set up area has a bug were all your input devices save for the mouse and track ir seem to be spreed out across the inputs..

I'll try again.. but it seemed to me to be a bug. I removed any assignment for the TDC, and still had issues.

I'd like other who use the rotaries for the I-251 to verify it works correctly for them.

Edit: Still not working.. the TDC jumps around and is unusable.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Did you go thourgh the whole set up to make sure its not conflicting with other settings?

The set up area has a bug were all your input devices save for the mouse and track ir seem to be spreed out across the inputs..

Thanks, yes i did, no joy.

They work for cage size & zoom level.. but not for slewing the TDC/I-251

(i'm aware of the bug when the 'save' function messes things up...but that is not my problem here.)

It's more like those axis never register the windows calibration ,it's like they are constant uncalibrated.

It's been like this since flaming cliffs, never been any atempt to fix it :(

Edited by BuzyBat

[sIGPIC]sigpic49498_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

rotaries

Hi, I find that the best way for me to control the target designator on Su25t is by throttle's mouse stick for slew and slider for zoom :

Scr_10-05-01_23-00-42.thumb.png.bf99639c64aac52216b294c27ee0b685.png

Scr_10-05-01_23-00-49.thumb.png.e31ecac2b880789efa321c8f5d8c6037.png

Im using rotaries only for "target size base / angle of PPU " (joyRX), becose is so hard to adjust sensitivity of rotaries !

I hope this will help you :)

/dont forget to assign mouse axes in SST profile if you using one/

Edited by jetace