Why "mint green"?

though this was a Why "mint green"? when you can have girly pink.....

but yeah green is the colour of HUDs in planes not sure if its mint though.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

real HUD color is less then 'mint' and more than 'green'

I've changed to mint, because this will show better with a white cloud background in FS2

in a rather unrealistic way, but at least it doesnt disappear

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

HUD's where first designed to use easily available round cathode ray tubes or Green screen monitors which used a single colour phosphor.(sp)

They used the same technology found in old green screen computers, because of this - the green is actually controllable depending on the brightness selected by the pilot. Turn this down - light green which is less intense, turn it up - bright radiant green - much more green.

They used green because it was easier to filter. The refractor on the HUD is designed to reflect the green light but allow other light to pass through thus reducing glare.

Other CRT tubes where also used - early ones used yellow phosphor which was adjustable in the same way.

Now most are LCD based and allow green light to pass through to the reflector.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

Personally, I could see the appeal for a mint green HUD in FC1, but now, in FC2, the HUD symbology is semi-transparent. This gives you the lighter green color seen in the photograph when against a lighter background and the darker, richer green when against a dark background.

While I'm no expert, I find the stock HUD color very realistic and usable. I think the mint-green HUD unnecessary as far as realism is concerned.

My 2 cents.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Personally, I could see the appeal for a mint green HUD in FC1, but now, in FC2, the HUD symbology is semi-transparent. This gives you the lighter green color seen in the photograph when against a lighter background and the darker, richer green when against a dark background.

While I'm no expert, I find the stock HUD color very realistic and usable. I think the mint-green HUD unnecessary as far as realism is concerned.

My 2 cents.

I agree. Previously, I used a yellow HUD. I actually used this in Falcon 4.0. Now in FC2, I find that the default HUD color is perfect.

+1. For the month or so I've been playing the game, I never had to change the hud color/except night time missions where I just switched to darker green :) The mint green looks interesting, but I'll stick to the default colour.

HUD's where first designed to use easily available round cathode ray tubes or Green screen monitors which used a single colour phosphor.(sp)

They used the same technology found in old green screen computers, because of this - the green is actually controllable depending on the brightness selected by the pilot. Turn this down - light green which is less intense, turn it up - bright radiant green - much more green.

They used green because it was easier to filter. The refractor on the HUD is designed to reflect the green light but allow other light to pass through thus reducing glare.

Other CRT tubes where also used - early ones used yellow phosphor which was adjustable in the same way.

Now most are LCD based and allow green light to pass through to the reflector.

The eye is most sensitive to green. Same reason NVGs are green.

I agree. Previously, I used a yellow HUD. I actually used this in Falcon 4.0. Now in FC2, I find that the default HUD color is perfect.

So do I, I used yellow, but current HUD color is good for me :]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to change hue of color HUD, whether HUD colors may be darker? In FC2 all HUD colors are quite bright .I need this when I have a light background and the HUD is almost not seen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Is there any way to change hue of color HUD, whether HUD colors may be darker? In FC2 all HUD colors are quite bright .I need this when I have a light background and the HUD is almost not seen.
I've been wondering about that too, the HUD almost becomes invisible for me when over a light background (clouds for example). thanks!

Why don't you try it and see 4 yourself!

Now why the hell would I want to do that lol?

I tried, it did, but it also messed up Ricardo's HD pit zoom settings, which I value highly. I believe it did this because it includes a 6 Degrees mod. I tried just coping he hud color values, but no luck. I'm going to make a separate request as the HUD is almost useless when flying against clouds and the like

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi - I gave it a shot, but I'm not sure it's enough of a difference/improvement for me.

Now that I've thought about it, I might not be asking the right question though-

after I've played around for a bit with rgb values, I think what I need is not necessarily a different color, but a "less transulent" looking HUD, if you know what I mean.... something more 'solid'

was a good suggestion to at least 'try it out' though, it's easy enough to play around with the values trying to find something that works for me, so thanks!

Mint green goes well with chocolate specially after 8 o clock ;) :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals