Ka-50 Cannon rate of fire, high or low?

I use it mainly together with range - if I engage a target at high range I'll suffer decreased accuracy, so the higher rate is used to increase the probability of a kill. At shorter range (less than a km) this is much less of an issue so I can conseve ammunition. Higher rate is also something I use when I am conducting an imprecise engagement - for example when the gun is caged and I'm doing a more traditional strafing run or use it for self-defence against aerial threats.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

On high ROF, the heli cannot compensate the recoil as well, resulting in decreased accuracy. So basically you have to think "When is it better to dispense as much lead as possible towards the enemy, than to take your time firing long bursts?".

Here is what I employ when I fly, I'm sure a lot of people will disagree.

High ROF:

+ high volume of fire -> engagement is over faster -> you can get the hell out of the hot zone much quicker

- decreased accuracy

I use it for:

* air targets

* ground targets moving perpendicular to the helo

* strafing in caged mode

* when my helo itself is moving fast

* short range engagements

Low ROF:

- low volume of fire -> engagement takes longer -> you need to be in a safe spot

+ more precise

I use it for:

* Long range shots (but only for unarmored targets): I managed to snipe a MANPAD at 3.5+ km with exactly one bullet once, but that was just lucky :music_whistling:

* ground units moving parallel to the helo

* static targets

These are just my observations/tactics, throw away what you don't like and modify them as you like.

Cheers

• Like 1

I use low ROF to save ammo. I find with high ROF I use it up to quickly. With soft targets you can fire just a few rounds in a single burst and wait to see if it destroys target..if not do another quick burst.

For everything else it's high ROF.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I prefer low rate..honestly just because I love the sound of the "thump thump thump" through my subwoofer..But it is more accurate as the helo doesn't go all ape $hit when I let off a burst..

* Long range shots (but only for unarmored targets): I managed to snipe a MANPAD at 3.5+ km with exactly one bullet once, but that was just lucky :music_whistling:

Is there a way to fire single shots?

aka [82nd]Ike