6DOF A-10 mod (Un-do please?)

Aeroscout

Is this blasphemy in a flight sim forum?

Regardless, it is beyond me why someone chose to include 6DOF in the Sim-Mod A-10 mod for FC2. Ok, I know everyone likes 6DOF (except me I guess lol) But serously! Don't add a feature to a mod it has nothing to do with!

I have every intention of digging through these forums and my lockon directory to figure out how to change it back to the default values, but if anyone would be so kind as to point this very annoyed individual at the correct locations, that would be much appreciated.

Oh, you might wish to know why I don't want 6DOF? I'm sure once you people got over your 6DOF-gasm you realized that the current lockon pits aren't quite as 3D as they should be. Ya, sorry, but those glitches and parallax issues kill it for me. Plus, there is no way in hell any pilot should be able to move around like that while strapped into the seat. You'd have to be some kind of contortionist to be able to stick your head down next to the stick (which isn't completely modeled on the back by the way? Have you checked that out?) not to mention doing so while pulling high Gs.

Until ED either makes nice 3D pits for us or releases the tools to do it ourselves, no full 6DOF for me, please.

So, am I blowing this out of proportion? Yes, probably. However, I think it's a fair request to at least make regular and 6DOF versions of the A-10 mod. There are reasons all-in-one mods aren't that popular. People like to tweak things they way they like. You're not leaving us options.

So, if you have the info on how to change it back please post it if you can before I go digging for the information. However, this is more just a post about my opinion on the 6DOF matter.

Now let the haters in... :music_whistling:

• Like 1

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Check out Config\Input\View\server.lua

The original will have a section looking like that :

--local old_aircrafts_6DOF = {x = {-2,2},y = {-2,2},z = {-2,2},roll = 90.0} -- {x = {0,0},y = {0,0},z = {0,0},roll = 0}
local old_aircrafts_6DOF = {x = {-0.02,0.05},y = {-0.03,0.03},z = {-0.03,0.03},roll = 90.0}
limits_6DOF = {}
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {x = {-0.02,0.35},y = {-0.15,0.21},z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90.0}

Change the values back to old_aircrafts_6DOF to revert any 6DOF mod ;)

Check out Config\Input\View\server.lua

The original will have a section looking like that :

--local old_aircrafts_6DOF = {x = {-2,2},y = {-2,2},z = {-2,2},roll = 90.0} -- {x = {0,0},y = {0,0},z = {0,0},roll = 0}
local old_aircrafts_6DOF = {x = {-0.02,0.05},y = {-0.03,0.03},z = {-0.03,0.03},roll = 90.0}
limits_6DOF = {}
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_27] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_33] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_25] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iSu_39] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iMiG_29K] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iA_10] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = old_aircrafts_6DOF
limits_6DOF[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {x = {-0.02,0.35},y = {-0.15,0.21},z = {-0.26,0.26},roll = 90.0}

Change the values back to old_aircrafts_6DOF to revert any 6DOF mod ;)

Yup, figured it out. Thanks!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

@Aeroscout: I agree with you completely... this whole 6DOF has been blown out of proportion with crazy settings, that not only bring a hell of alot of artifacts, but also are completely unrealistic..

Please try my "toned down" 6DOF mod which uses only slightly expanded views as compared to default...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=887022&postcount=134

You might find it the best balance...

• Like 1

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Thanks Breakshot, I will try it out!

Aero

Doesn't seem to affect my machine, I don't have artifacting or unsightly issues.. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||