R-27EP

Dig in some details about it and you may find the truth for yourself. First start with if it has ever entered service. Then the time-frame it was developed and manufactured... The same goes for the R-27AE/EA

• Like 2

Well I'm not bothered about it did entered the service wtih Russians or not. I'm just saying that the missile is in serial production with the manufacturer above and that it does exist and anyone who has money can buy it. You can get info on this missile here http://eng.ktrv.ru/production_eng/323/503/506/.

P.S. R-27EA never entered serial production but R-27EP does.

And if it is not in service, who is it made for in the serial production? You know missiles are an expensive thing to manufacture without a solid client... The another reason why it is not in the game is that, an A2A passive-homing mode maybe is not among the modules simulated in-game. And it doesn't make sense to push the limited resources to simulate it in case it's not in active use anywhere in the world currently.

• Like 2

No one uses it.

The R-27EP is not considered a useful AAM to date; it has been mentioned plenty with enough 'oooh' and 'aaaah', but turns out that no one really cares for it. I wonder why ;)

Regardless of why, it isn't in service with anyone, and thus is not - and will not - be modeled. What's next, PAC-3's on F-15's just because Raytheon suggested it?

Well I got the information on manufacturer's site Tactical Missiles Corporation that they produce R-27EP, the passive radar homing A-A missile. I just don't understand why has it not been added in FC2.0.
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Su-27 should also be removed from the models list of FC2 in later patches because it is not in service with Russia because all of them(322) have been upgraded to Su-27SM. Also Su-35 and F-22 and F-35 should have been modeled because they are in service too.

Non-sequitur.

Su-27 should also be removed from the models list of FC2 in later patches because it is not in service with Russia because all of them(322) have been upgraded to Su-27SM. Also Su-35 and F-22 and F-35 should have been modeled because they are in service too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

<Stands patiently in line at the ED door, hands cupped, awaiting for delivery of my Photon-Torpedo for the T-Toad>

...Because the T.V. says it's true!

:doh:

• Like 2

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hang on, I've been waiting for DCS:Mig-31 for ages! If Clint flew it then as far as i am concerned its seen service and ED should model it.

And rear firing missiles.

I wonder if someone can do a Brain-Track-IR though for the avionics controls?

I will email Natualpoint on this and to help them out will attach a picture of a brain (below)

brain.jpg

Hello? Nurse?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Su-27 should also be removed from the models list of FC2 in later patches because it is not in service with Russia because all of them(322) have been upgraded to Su-27SM.

Where did u read these rumors ?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

He usually does his homework, and if not he learns - he doesn't present his suppositions as fact - like, you know, stating that a missile that has never been in service should be available for use.

What's next, Mk-83's on A-10's?

I know whats your credibility.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where did u read these rumors ?

If you don't know that does not make it rumor.

By the way LOMAC- Lock onModern Air Combat, thats what is the SIMs name yet we use 25-30 year old technology over here and when some one raises the point to modernize it, people start looking at him as if he's committed a sin.

20 years ago is reasonably modern in aviation ... as in 'might have some access to this stuff' modern.

And actually, he does know. What he's really asking is - why do you not know after all your alleged research?

You didn't ask about modernization. You asked about a missile, you were told it was never in service, and you went off the track.

If you don't know that does not make it rumor.

By the way LOMAC- Lock onModern Air Combat, thats what is the SIMs name yet we use 25-30 year old technology over here and when some one raises the point to modernize it, people start looking at him as if he's committed a sin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He usually does his homework, and if not he learns - he doesn't present his suppositions as fact - like, you know, stating that a missile that has never been in service should be available for use.

What's next, Mk-83's on A-10's?

Please can you mind you language Mr. I did forced you read my post neither did I forced you to reply me. So when you can't talk with patience why have you opted to be a forum moderator. And for the word 'usually' that you used and I know why you did that I would like to tell you about that post and that is R-27ER Range_max=66000meters and Aim-120C Range_max=65000meters, you can find that in missile_data.lua file. So whatever arguments you posted over here that day about Aim-120C's higher range were totally baseless and here you come up again using a word 'usually' against me.

So even I can say that you usually try to argue even though you don't have any knowledge about what you are talking.

Stop criticizing instead start listening, I didn't criticize you on the first place and I expect you not do it again.

20 years ago is reasonably modern in aviation ... as in 'might have some access to this stuff' modern.

And actually, he does know. What he's really asking is - why do you not know after all your alleged research?

You didn't ask about modernization. You asked about a missile, you were told it was never in service, and you went off the track.

Well it was never in service but as I said it is in serial production and that means if some one orders it they will make it. Read all the posts Mr. Moderator I didn't go off the track on the first place, it was someone else.

The response to your argument is the result of basing your conclusion on a false premise. Thread locked.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 years later...
On 5/4/2010 at 11:25 PM, combatace said:

Well it was never in service but as I said it is in serial production and that means if some one orders it they will make it. Read all the posts Mr. Moderator I didn't go off the track on the first place, it was someone else.

Rejoice comrade! It was and it is indeed)

Edited by musolo

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• 1 month later...

Good job guys. DCS needs better modelled russian planes and rockets. Currently most MP server setup looks like: Red side F-**/F-** Blue side F-**/F-**. But someone thinks that all we miss is F-15E... Great! Now it makes sense.

I'd like to play someday on MP Server in some Su or MiG of modern era... Currently there are russian planes of '80 vs NATO planes of '2000. 

• Like 2

What DCS aircraft existed back in 2010?  Was that just FC3 and the KA50?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.