Question about Bridges

dooom

I am creating a multiplayer map and am thinking of adding a component requiring bridges to be blown to stop a convoy.

Q: will convoys stop is a bridge is blown?

Q: Is it possible to re-route to another crossing to satisfy waypoints or is AI not that sophisticated?

Thanks!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Q: will convoys stop is a bridge is blown?

Yes

Q: Is it possible to re-route to another crossing to satisfy waypoints or is AI not that sophisticated?

No, unless you use triggers. You can make triggers to check if the units passed the bridge. If they did not, you can deactivate the group that was supposed to cross it, and activate a group of the same units that follows a different route.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No' date=' unless you use triggers. You can make triggers to check if the units passed the bridge. If they did not, you can deactivate the group that was supposed to cross it, and activate a group of the same units that follows a different route.[/quote']

Do this by setting a trigger zone on the side that the group starts on, and when it enters that area, set a flag.

Trigger:
Type = Once
Name = Test Bridge A

Rules:
Unit inside Zone = Group A-1-1, Zone = At bridge

Actions:
Set Flag 1

Set another trigger zone on the other side of the bridge and set another flag when the same unit enters it.

Trigger:
Type = Once
Name = Test Bridge B

Rules:
Unit inside Zone = Group A-1-1, Zone = Crossed Bridge

Actions:
Set Flag 2

You should know by testing the mission how long it will take for the units to cross the bridge from one trigger zone to the other. Add on a few seconds and then set a trigger condition to do the following:

Trigger:
Type = Once
Name = Test Bridge C

Rules:
Time Since Flag 1 = 30
Flag 2 = False

Actions:
Activate Group A-2
Deactivate Group A-1

Here you would spawn a new group at the first trigger point close to where the first group will stop if the bridge is down to take over from the group trying to cross the bridge to take up a defensive position, or drive over to the next bridge and try to cross there.

See the screen shot below for an example.

th_ME-1-1.jpg

The only word of caution I'll give you here is that even though the second group of units wont exist yet in the game world, the first group of units will still have to drive around them, so don't start them on the road, set them off to the side slightly so that they don't get in the way.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]