Realism question for campaign building

I'm working on a campaign that pits Turkey against a combined Russia/NATO force. I have a question concerning realistic loadouts for Turkish aircraft. Did the US export AIM-120's to Turkey? They are listed as available loadouts but I wasn't sure if that was because the F-16 can carry them, or if the Turks actually have them. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm working on a campaign that pits Turkey against a combined Russia/NATO force. I have a question concerning realistic loadouts for Turkish aircraft. Did the US export AIM-120's to Turkey? They are listed as available loadouts but I wasn't sure if that was because the F-16 can carry them, or if the Turks actually have them. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, they have - though LOMAC doesn't differentiate ebtween export and non-export versions of missiles.

Anyway ... Russia/NATO against Turkey? Dead meat :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes, they have - though LOMAC doesn't differentiate ebtween export and non-export versions of missiles.

Anyway ... Russia/NATO against Turkey? Dead meat :D

2x

Also Turkey is part of NATO right now...unless he found some argument for the separation...

After being stationed in Turkey back in '96 I found plenty of reasons to dislike the country, but nearly getting shot by one of our "allies" for having a christmas tree in my guard shack definitely tops the list. The in-game rationalle was a political revolution similar to Iran's back in the late 70's followed by a not so welcome military expansion. True, a full force on force conflict set on those lines would be very, how should I say it, short, and not very favorable for the Turks, but with only the Crimea and Caucuses to play in, the list of potential allignments for a war is limited. I hope no one from ED takes that as an offense, I'm realistic enough to know that we can't have the whole planet terrain mapped, at least not for a while. But anyway, thanks for the info about the missles.