Su25T - damage model / survivability

salute,

I have a few questions regarding the Su25T - damage model and survivability.

Whilst messing about & doing some testing i had a close encounter with a BMP.. the images below show the result..

screenshot025medium.jpg

screenshot031medium.jpg

I had my nose completely blown off.. and managed to fly home and land. I only had minor flight control issues, one engine was loosing power, but basic flight controls were fine and hydrolics were functioning. When i switched to external views i was amazed at the level of damage.. from how it felt to fly i was not expecting such damage.

Is this level of damage and being good to fly realistic?

Anyone flown home with worse?

Is the 25T the toughest bird ingame?

:pilotfly:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Not really too surprising to be honest - while it looks dramatic you haven't lost a control surface, and there's no hydraulics passing through the nose. The biggest effect I'd see purely from losing the nose would be increased drag punishing your fuel economy and top speeds, and there might be some "interesting" vortices coming from that suddenly uneven surface.

However - there is the thing with stressed materials: I'm pretty sure a hit like that would be likely to have caused stresses to propagate through the airframe, so it should be a lot easier to make the plane break apart afterwards (and it is very unlikely that it could be repaired without replacing the whole superstructure - might as well build a new one). That's a very complex thing to simulate though - so basically consider yourself having simulated some very serious damage that was combined with some (for the pilot) extreme luck in where the damage was inflicted. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Without nose it doesn't look froggy anymore, but more piggy :P

Supposedly ED has modelled Su-25T with much caresses, however we must know it is not possible to simulate all wires, mechanical things, plates, rubber wires, ect things which are in real model and which aimpact on whole plane. Just imagine what would happen if some wires would be cut off? Surely something wouldn't work then. In LO it is not possible to simulate, dunno if it ever doable in any public market software.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Some aircraft are tougher that you think

f18midair03.jpg

f18midair02.jpg

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

One of my favorites, This F-16, tail#718 likes to tip over this way

First

f-16tip.jpg

then

Same F-16

To whom it may concern,

I had a similar encounter last night. All HUD electronics were gone. Also the airspeed indicator was broken. Which didn't help things much because of the nasty weather and a mean crosswind. I landed well enough but it was abit hard. I broke the steering of my landing gear and I ended up parked in the grass.

I thought a few panels would be broken off on the underbelly of the airframe. I've had such damage before that caused the loss of electrics. I had no idea the nose was missing. The T-Frog flys like a dog as it is, with damage like that the performance wasn't much worse than it already is.

ScreenShot_036.jpg

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum