Saitek and Black Shark Problem

Saitek and Black Shark Problem:

I think I have found the problem why soemtime I am flying Black Shark and it crashes and cuases my computer to reboot.

Bear with me,

I have been using my Saitek sticks for many years. My most recent is my X52 Pro. I have been flying many flight sims for 15 years... so, I am not new to all this.

Ok, sometimes my computer crashes, and it only seems to happen in Black Shark. I have analyzed the minidump using microsoft software to study the error codes. The information points to Saitek files.

What I think is happening is the Saitek commands flood the game (simulator) with commands as I push the buttons ont he stick. Sometimes the commands are released late, or int he wrong order, and the timeing of the keys and commands changes the commands because some of the keys are held back, and released seconds later, giving some wrong commands or flooding..

All this in turn causes the computer to BSOD, and or reboot, depending on how I setup the computer to either give me info or reboot, crash, etc..

I don't have many choices on what to do.. also I do not seem to have this crashing problem in all the other games and flight sims I play.

:joystick:

IMHO

Is there a way to slow the key intputs down, to buffer them a bit... like when you can chage the mouse speed, maybe the joystick input can be adjusted to try to hold off flooding..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Although I don't have any worthwhile suggestions to add, I think you're on to something here as I've gotten crashes from what I suspected were controller issues. Seems that Black Shark did give me the most issues but I think I had issues in Il2 1946 and LOMAC.

EDIT: I have a Saitek X52/Pro Pedals/Pro Gamer Command Unit & AV8R all being utilized by the sims in question. The only other controllers I use are a Logitech Wingman and a Contour Shuttle Pro V2 I doubt the latter two are causing the problem.

Edited by HitchHikingFlatlander

I made a post about this int he Saitek forums... and noticed there are lots of posts about people having issues with either BSor FC, or both..

I am trying everything I know from 15 years of experince.. I will update when I find out more as I play more..

it's just weird that out of all the flight sims I play, only happens in BS.. has not yet happened in FC 2.0.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

If you upload your profile I could take a look at it for you.

If you are flooding the input you will get BSOD and crashes. This happens when you use a keypress where you should have used a macro instead. A keypress will execute as long as it is held down a macro will only press one time no matter if you hold it down or not. Normally this is not a problem but when you use a keypress in a "band" of anykind it WILL flood the input because there is no release.

For example: if you put a keypress in the very top part of the profile (Mode1,2,3 etc) pushes a key when you switch modes if you used a keypress, that key will continually be sent as long as you are in that mode. Your CPU usage will spike, you will flood the input buffer and windows will crash. In his case all you do is use a macro instead.

I use in my profile so when I switch to my "Navigation" mode, it will press the 1 key for me.

Some people I know always use macros to prevent this from happening but a macro will not work good for something like continuously firing a gun etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

If you would like to try my Black Shark profile, and see if you see a problem..

my profiles are both here and at the Saitek forums for download..

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=51460

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=11086

thanx..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I think the solution is simpler as I had the same Prolem at the beginning.

Those reboots are mainly caused by the "clutch" button on the throttle. If you deactivate this one in the control panel(same where the LEDs and Daytime etc are set) on th e last page down right. Everything wil be fine.

Theres no need for me to shift profiles during flight so it´s not a prolem to disable it.

WOrked for me !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I didn't see any issue with your profile. Ran it for a few test runs and no problems. Checked it in the profiler test mode and no issues there either.

I was getting a BSOD with LOFC 2 with the profiler open and the config open in the game but not during gameplay and not with DCS:BS. Since then I have reinstalled the software and moved the joystick to a differnt USB port and I haven't had a crash for a while. I do think there may have been a conflict between software versions of my cyborg keyboard and the X52-Pro since they both use the same profiler but it is hard to say.

The profiler software download for the keyboard is way smaller than the download for the joystick, the one for the stick seems to be the newest version but with saitek it's hard to tell...

I don't own the pedals but I see they are supported in the profiler software, which order did you install them and did you install ther drivers and software for both??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

I really don´t think i t has something to do with drivers or the software if he has got the newest releases.

I´m pretty sure that the "clutch button theory" is working. Seems the software or anything has problems switching a profile during the flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was not using the clutch feature, since my one Black Profile is all I use in Black Sharkk.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

So have you deactivated it or are you just not using it?

It's not active..

it is unchecked, besides it makes no diffference at all..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Ok !

I´m not 100% sure but I had a lot of crashes at the beginning with it activated. It´s possible anyway that I did something else simultaneously in search for a solution. I just wanted to let you knew that this may help your problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

05-10-10

I made a couple small changes in my profile.. (both FC2.0 and Black Shark).. not sure how they will be affected, need more testing..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I uninstalled my ATI Radeon Catalyst 9.1 and tried Cat 8.9. So far so good..

cannot use any new drivers, as said before... because they have not fixed the IL-2 flight sim problems..

I flew online and offline and all is well for now..

FYI,,

thanx to all..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI