Mission Editor needs tweaked.

As it stands, the mission editor provides for very basic scenarios when it comes to AI movement. In future editions of Lock-On, It would be nice to provide a menu for checkpoints that allow ground units to get into different formations(ie wedge,echelon right, etc) and to allow for Boolean logic at checkpoints(ie. if this bridge is out, then go to this bridge) or perhaps with AI A2G forces(if X target has been destroyed, attack Y).

Veni,Vidi,Vici Biiiaaaatttcchhh!!

Formations other than off road column, rank and cone would be nice. However since almost no-one who makes missions / campaigns ever uses anything other than column, I am not sure whether it would be worth the effort.

Some "bridge out" logic would be nice - having AI stop for a couple of minutes at a dead bridge (while they get their maps out!) and then they try an alternate route would be sweet.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

What's "column"? I only use "on-road" and "rank"...

-SK

Probably means "on road"

But for open fields I like to use "Cone" Gives a different look like charging.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

The reason that most people don't use anything else is because the units stop if they come to water, so it takes some really extra planning to not come to water. Plus the formations don't tranisition correctly so getting across water is really a problem.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Column:------- Wedge:--------------- Echelon Left:

H ----------------H-----------------------H

H --------------H---H-------------------H

H ------------H-------H---------------H

H-----------------------------------H

If the vehicles are heading ^

different formations, while on the move, make it more difficult to destroy the whole (ground)force in one pass and would add to the tactical realism IMO.

The Boolean logic could also serve the airborne AI by, for example, forcing the AWACS to flee the area (or to a better position) if the friendly forces have fewer than X amount of fighters OR after Z amount of minutes.

Veni,Vidi,Vici Biiiaaaatttcchhh!!