Having several FC2 MOD Installations and handling the patch

MemphisBelle

For everyone who has several installations of FC2 installed...

(this is possible just by copy all the content and paste into another directory, provides much advantages espacially while running mods, to always keep a clear install of the game on HD)

If you install the patch, so all the other installations will not get patched. This is for the first selected installation only. So I suggest to install the patch into just a clear directory. All the content of the patch will unpacked right in there.

Now copy all this stuff and paste into your game installations, to get all your mods updated.

EDIT:

Make sure to save all your settings, as there are the graphics.cfg and further ones which might contain userdefined settings and aaditional commands.

/EDIT

if other possibilities are known, so further suggestions are welcome.

regards

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Why not just deactivate the mods in ModMan, install patch, then reactivate the mods in ModMan?

Works for me. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not everyone is using Modman I guess. And there might some people out there who have several installations of the game isnatlled to keep one clear installation left. IMHO it´s the best way to handle Mods like total conversions (e.g. VTB, VBA or even VF Mod, aso) anyway. Modman is pretty much handy for mods like Western style runway and more beautiful Cockpit illuminations aso.

So when it comes for reinstalling the patch for another instance, it appears to be difficult since the installationroutine will recognize an already installed patch on the clear install. But If you wish to update your other ones, so an unusual way is needed.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

There's a total conversion out for FC2 or FC1? I'm not sure it means the same to me as it does to you.

But okey, sure, if someone is for whatever reason finding themselves required to have several installs that might be an issue, but I still think ModMan and/or a batch script is the better way - but matter of taste I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

There's a total conversion out for FC2 or FC1? I'm not sure it means the same to me as it does to you.

But okey, sure, if someone is for whatever reason finding themselves required to have several installs that might be an issue, but I still think ModMan and/or a batch script is the better way - but matter of taste I guess.

hmmm...you might be right...total conversion was wrong interpreted. What I´ve ment is a modification to become an Aircraft totally converted...e.g. making a F-15 into a F-16, or F-18. If you have such a mod installed so the original game is no more the same, since the F-15 is lost. May be deactivating some modifications in MM might work, but I mostley have had troubles with it, so I decided to not to use it.

I know some people who have severyl installations of the game stored on the disc to provide several Aircrafts on the same model, so I thought to give them an advise about how to handle the patch by not using mod man.

Just let it stand as it is...if not so delete this threat, up to you.

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

I have the problem that I can't run the Patch twice.

I installed the Mod for my clean Version, but now I can't patch my other FC2 installations. It always says the patch is already installed.

Jack, this is exactly the reason why I started this threat. To solve that, read my first post again

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection