ME Message: Mission Payload has not been saved. Save Mission Payload?

Sometimes when using the Mission Editor I get this message:

"Mission Payload has not been saved. Save Mission Payload?"

What is this about? I was not editing any Payloads.. I was using a custom payload on several flights that I did create a few days ago. I gave it a name and also did save it the other day. I have used it on several flights.

And when I save this new one that it is asking me to save, it is the exact same loadout as the other one that I created. So, now I have 2 of the same loadouts.

What the heck is this doing?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 2 weeks later...

Bump?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

It is my mission, that I created. And it is using a custom payload that I also created.

Basically, I add a flight of 1 A10. Add the waypoints, and open the Payload screen and create a custom payload to use, or use the custom payload that I had made for another A10 flight(not sure). Later, after building the mission for a while, I do something with the flight, I don't remember exactly. And it pops up. And I when I go to the Payload screen I can still see the custom payload that I had selected before, but it want's me to save it again. I have to save it or I cannot continue.

I guess I'll have to post exactly what I do next time that happens. I might have changed it's Task, or Targets? But why do I have to save the payload?? It could just tell me it has reset/cleared it?

Once you have made a payload and added it to some aircrafts you should not edit it. If you need a different payload make a copy of it and then make changes to the new one. Then you apply that payload to all the aircrafts.

(HJ)

• Like 1

Thanks HiJack. That is probably what it is all about.

It happened again just now when I was changing Task from 'Pinpoint Strike' to 'Ground Attack'. And you are correct... I had changed the Payload loadout before this. I didn't make a new one, I just change one of the pylons. I looked for a 'Save' button, but there was none, so I assumed ti was going to be automatically saved.

It's weird that it only prompts me to save it if I change Tasks. It must save the changes somehow, because I can leave the game and come back in, and never have any problems. But I have not re-checked that my payloads are the same as they were before... I had no need to do that. But maybe they are lost, and revert back to the last saved version of that payload? Hmm...

Changing tasks effects it also.

So if you make a custom CAS payload and save it, it is automatically placed in the CAS sub-category for that aircraft. Changing the mission to pinpoint strike it still has the payload but it just isn't "saved" anywhere in the pinpoint strike sub-category.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What I've noticed is that you get the prompt if you have a situation like this:

Two planes (whether in the same group or not) are using the same payload, let's call it "Super Great Payload".

On one of the planes, you decide it needs more Mavs or something, so you alter "Super Great Payload". That all looks fine.

Then later you access the payload screen for the other plane. It's still set to use the same payload name ("Super Great Payload"), but its actual payload is still the original version. That's when it prompts you to save the payload, because it's not finding a match in the configured payloads for what that aircraft actually has.

What I normally do is hit cancel on the save payload dialog, and then click on the "Super Great Payload" name to reset it to the new version of that payload.

• Like 1

Yea, it's strange that if you change Tasks, and it prompts you to save the payload. You hit Cancel and don't save it. But if you look at both flights with different tasks, the payload that you created is available for both.