Basic Flight Training: ILS to other than home base?

You can manually switch ILSN to another base in the F-15 or the A-10. use the key combo of "LCtrl+~". This feature is new to FC2. The problem I find is that I have no idea what base I am selecting unless I know I am close as there isn't an indication of what airport you have selected.

I Cannot get this function to work in the A10. Normal waypoint switching works fine using tilde-lctrl...but it will NOT switch fields when in ILS mode...

Can anyone confirm they have the ability to switch fields in ILS mode flying an A10 ?

Oneway

Apparently this feature is no longer available for some or all of the American Aircraft in FC2.0 At least that is what I have gathered on other threads...

That totally bites...I cant'w wait for the new A10 coming out...I sure hope they fix this as well as the bug/flaw where the waypoints don't update when your in mode 7...

Edited by Oneway

Strange as it works for me in the A-10.

Copy and paste form the A-10 Keystrokes pdf...

` - LCtrl

(`) Next Waypoint, Airfield Or Target

As mentioned above it is not working for me...when in ILS mode, hitting LCtrl + ~ does absolutely nothing...

When in standard nav mode it cycles the way-points just fine...

Maybe its conflict with the Mods I have installed?

I am running 6DOF 1.2, high res clouds, new control tower and the A10 simmod...

I am going to mess around with re-assigning the command later today and see if that fixes it...

Incidentally, using the command to contact tower and declaring "Inbound" does nothing different than the standard "Request Landing"....I read on another thread that "Inbound" was supposed to tell the closest field you want to land...and the ILS would then lock onto that field

One more thing...in the mission editor, I can't seem to find a way to make a base a friendly base or enemy base...the thought crossed my mind that perhaps because my Mission simply takes off and lands at a single field, and I have NO other objects or aircraft, the Sim is either making bases Neutral or Enemy...I am going to see if placing friendly drone aircraft at a field might make a difference too...

Oneway

As mentioned above it is not working for me...when in ILS mode, hitting LCtrl + ~ does absolutely nothing...

When in standard nav mode it cycles the way-points just fine...

Maybe its conflict with the Mods I have installed?

I am running 6DOF 1.2, high res clouds, new control tower and the A10 simmod...

I am going to mess around with re-assigning the command later today and see if that fixes it...

Incidentally, using the command to contact tower and declaring "Inbound" does nothing different than the standard "Request Landing"....I read on another thread that "Inbound" was supposed to tell the closest field you want to land...and the ILS would then lock onto that field

One more thing...in the mission editor, I can't seem to find a way to make a base a friendly base or enemy base...the thought crossed my mind that perhaps because my Mission simply takes off and lands at a single field, and I have NO other objects or aircraft, the Sim is either making bases Neutral or Enemy...I am going to see if placing friendly drone aircraft at a field might make a difference too...

Oneway

Contacting the tower and getting the ILSN to change to the closest airfield worked in FC1, but not in FC2. In FC2 you will get the vector from the tower to the closest airfield, but your ILSN will not auto change.

I think you may be on to something about friendly bases. To make a base friendly have an AI aircraft land there/start there, or place ground units close to the airbase.