Problem after update to Patch 1.02

nebuluski

After running update on BS 1.0.1c and trying to launch BS single player get an error as attached:

errorxhe.jpg

Config

Windows 7 Premium Home 64 Bit

ATI 5870 Eyefinity Editon 6

CCC 10.4

ASUS P6X58D Premium Mbo

6 Gb Ram

Inntel 930 i7 Oced to 4Ghz

Intel SSD X25 80 GB

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same problem here. Also tryed fresh install of BS ver 1.0.,no mods. On Vista64. I can get to main screen with the LUA popup error window,but unable to select options.,more LUA errors. Installed BS and patch as Administrator.

edit: When going into Multiplayer it seems to work ok.,just in single player mode when clicking on Options brings up Lua error window and am unable to get into options.,all others seem to work,ie, mission editor, encyclopedia, etc.

edit2:

( after uninstalling BS and 1.02 patch and deleting the Eagle Dynamics folder and cleaning up registry and rebooting ) I tryed another fresh install of BS v 1.0,.,then applying 1.02 patch. Same problem. Unable to get into Options.,I am at a loss here.

edit3:

turned off F'n Vista UAC....now i can get into options and setup. Does Windows 7 have this UAC?...maybe time to get rid of this Vista pain in the ass OS.

Edited by Clu43
more testing done

K10N780SLIX3-WiFi Motherboard,

Phenom II 940 Black Edition, @ 3.0-3.4 Ghz.

G.SKILL 4GB SDRAM DDR2 1066,

OCZ Vertex 2 3.5" 90GB SATA II (SSD),

2 X MSI N450GTS CYCLONE 1GD5/OC450 SLI'd

TrackIR 5, ver 5.1 final drivers | Saitek X52 Pro

240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64

Ulrich wrote:

Please note that the most correct way of 1.0.2 install is:

1. Install clean 1.0 release version and activate (or have activated and not deactivated 1.0 or 1.0.1).

2. Install 1.0.2 patch.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=902870&postcount=1

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

The Multi-Monitor error problems when patched:

the files in your:

'D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup\'

folder must be default files..

if you ever changed them in any way, replace them wit your backup files (hopefully you kept the originals..)..

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I'll just repost it here for people who just scan posts, and doesnt read all of it:

BIG RED LETTERS: The 1.0.2 patch must be installed over a fresh installation of DCS:BS 1.0.

- Installing it over version 1.0.1c is not supported.

- Mods installed (even if disabled) will break the patch.

- Even when mods are removed manually, it will break the patch.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

same problem here... and patched over a vanilla v1.0 install

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

DX48BT2

QX9650

4Gb RAM

This is the first problem I have ever had with any version of LOCKON or BlackShark, from when they were very first released.

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Hi Wolf Rider.,Had same problems.,see my post, 5 above.,I am on Vista 64.,not sure if Windows 7 uses UAC, I am assuming it still does., try turning off Windows UAC.,this seemed to of worked for me. Somehow it seems to be screwing up LUA scripts or access to them. I would suggest copying any mission files you may of made to a USB stick before you turn off UAC.and pasting them back into mission folder after reboot.,because they will not show up after you turn off UAC. Hope this helps.

Install DCS BlackShark 1.0

Install BlackShark patch 1.0.2

Screw up by copying some files from old 1.0.1. and have no backup. Decide to delete the DCS BlackShark forlder and start over.

Does it work? No it don’t. The Patch is already installed and wont install again. Do I get furious over this stupid decision by the programmers at ED? You bet!

Please give the option to reinstall the patch without screwing up registry!

(HJ)

First I installed over 1.01 (yes I rarely do what is written in readme :D) and BS couldn't start... so I reinstalled game and installed 1.02 on just fresh 1.0 game. All works perfectly.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Thanks for the Pointers Guys

I resolved the issue after all the pointers from you guys! Thanks to everyone who gave me the necessary clues to resolve this.

Here is the solution for Windows 7 64 Bit:

1. Backup any necessary BS files you want/need to keep.

2. Go to Control Panel and uninstall BS Patch 1.0.2

3. Go to the control Panel and uninstall BS Game

4. Delete the ka50 folder in Appdata | Local | Virtual Store | Program Files (x86) | Eagle Dynamics

5. Install BS 1.0

6. Install BS Patch 1.0.2

7. Good to go (no reactivation necessary by the way)!

This means you DO NOT have to turn off UAC which I did not want to do and it was this clue in the threads that lead me to this resolution. Hope this helps others!!!

• Like 2

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sweet.,I searched in Appdata folders for anything pertaining to BS.,I may have missed Local|Virtual Store item though, was tired of trying to get this going, half asleep..I to did not want to turn off UAC,but was a last resort for me.,will look at this again.,thanks nebuluski.,happy flying.,will post if successfull.

(SOLVED)

Worked Nebuluski.,did re-install with UAC on.,Thanks. All OK here now.

I've tried for the last 3 hours to install this properly and still no joy. Finally completely removed everything DCS BLACK SHARK related and did a fresh install. Everything seemed to work and now when I try to load BS 1.0.2 I get the ERROR: something about winman.lua or some crap

>:T

any ideas?

First I installed over 1.01 (yes I rarely do what is written in readme :D) and BS couldn't start... so I reinstalled game and installed 1.02 on just fresh 1.0 game. All works perfectly.

I used to get the errors and by doing the above is all ok. I also deleted the BS folder as a lot of files stayed there after uninstall.

Edited by connos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

Screw up by copying some files from old 1.0.1. and have no backup. Decide to delete the DCS BlackShark forlder and start over.

Does it work? No it don’t. The Patch is already installed and wont install again. Do I get furious over this stupid decision by the programmers at ED? You bet!

Please give the option to reinstall the patch without screwing up registry!

(HJ)

Did you find the registry key in question?

You can remove it by going to

64bit Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

32bit Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

Find the "PatchVersion" value - and delete it.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Sorry if im a bit confused I have to reinstall blackshark 1.0 and have to lose one of my activations to be able to install 1.02?

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No activations will be lost.

It will ask for re-activation - but it will reuse the keys it find in your registry.

Regardless of that - support will always help you get a new set of keys if you spent your for set of 8. Alltough going through support may take a few days. :)

Thanks!

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you find the registry key in question?

You can remove it by going to

64bit Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

32bit Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eagle Dynamics\BlackShark

Find the "PatchVersion" value - and delete it.

Thanks Panzer, I solved it by Undeleting the BS folder and run a uninstall of 1.0.1 and that removed the required registry keys.

But a bigger problem is that my computer was strugling, realy strugling after I installed the DCSBS1.0.2 patch! Uninstalled just the patch (normaly this time) and everything if fine! I may have a bed download and will try that again, first time I downloaded from the German HTTP server.

(HJ)

Hey all, getting the same problem with single player (running vista 64). A bit confused by others work-around? I did a complete un-install and a fresh install and then 1.0.2 over it and same problem

Any help (layman's terms please) is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Thanks Panzer but i did that (at least I feel i did that, twice) what data in backup file needs to be deleted prior to re-install? i removed aircraftNames.lua....... do i need the 1.0.1 hot fix after vanilla install? or should i delete the whole 'Ka 50 Backup Folder' I can run multi player but not access Options in SP....thanks Panzer

edit...UAC disable, so far so good

Edited by GordoVicious

(SOLVED)

Worked Nebuluski.,did re-install with UAC on.,Thanks. All OK here now.

Glad I could help!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]