At wits end the install problems!!!!!

lepski

Ok, I installed LOMAC, FC 2.0 and the patch to play the game.

1st problem: I have latest version of Track IR yet it won't be recognized when I play FC 2.0. If I play the orginal LOMAC it will operate just fine, but it's a no go when I play Flamining Cliffs 2.0. Any suggestions?

2nd Problem. When trying to install VNAO RC 3.0 through Modman nothing shows up ingame. I'm not able to see ot fly the F/A -18 or F-14. What gives?

I operate Windows 7 and if anyone can tell me where they install the LOMAC, Flaming Cliffs 2.0, and Modman folders it would be greatly appreciated. Do I let them be installed in C:\Program folder or maybe have them install in C:\Program (x86) folder? Should I install them with administrator rights?

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated. I've installed many a game with mods, but these problems have me stumped.

Regards,

Lepski

I assume you have updated trackir properly, but try running trackir as administrator before launching the game.

Also, I have my FC2.0 install to C:Eagle, so it has its own directory or whatever separate from program files.

As far as the mod your using, I dont use it. The only mod I use is the 6dof mod that Gozr made. It installed with modman with no problems.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Dont let the smell get to ya...............

I assume you have updated trackir properly, but try running trackir as administrator before launching the game.

Also, I have my FC2.0 install to C:Eagle, so it has its own directory or whatever separate from program files.

As far as the mod your using, I dont use it. The only mod I use is the 6dof mod that Gozr made. It installed with modman with no problems.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Ok, how about your regular LOMAC install? Did you let the installer place the folder in C:\Program files (x86)?

Regards TrackIR, wasnt their an issue that could be corrected by deleting the trackir.dll or TrackIR.ini files that would regerate next start? Try searching back to FC2 release period here or at SimHQ and I think you will resolve your TrackIR issue easy enough.

Ok, how about your regular LOMAC install? Did you let the installer place the folder in C:\Program files (x86)?

The original lomac is just installed in its default location(program files).

Also, what Kurtz said in the above post is another known issue with the trackir not working so you should try that as well if you cant get it working.

basically, theres some trackir files in your config, and input folders ( at least thats where they were before FC2.0) delete those, restart trackir, restart the game, and it should work.

Lepski, I had the same issues in Windows Seven. Here is what worked for me, Set FC2 to run as admin AND set it to run in XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. DO the same w/ Modman. It will work then :) Atleast it did for me. Let me know.

Ohh yeah always install w/ Admin rights.

Roger that Hoot. I did a complete reinstall of the whole game minus modman and RC 3.0 which I haven't installed yet. Lomac, which I installed in C:\Program files (x86), FC 2.0 and the latest patch in C:\Eagle (a folder I created in C: drive) were all done with admin rights. When I get off work I'll make sure to set both the LOMAC icon and FC 2.0 icon to run under xp Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. Once I get all that done I'll install Modman with admin rights.

By chance where did you install the modman file? Did you create a new folder in C: drive, or just let the installer choose the location for you?

Regards,

lepski