Blackshark on FC2

I did yesterday, I went to the 104 sever for FC 2.O and clicked on KA50, then only got a map scene and that was it? must have done something wrong i guess.

Then you had your FC2 MP started - and tried to fly a DCS:BS.

You need to start your DCS:BS MP to fly Ka-50. ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

That happens if you try to enter a Ka-50 position from the wrong product - in this case most probably Flaming Cliffs 2.

I tried it out just today and that is exactly what happens if you're trying to use a flyable not available in the current product.

Example: You start multiplayer for Flaming Cliffs 2 and try to enter a Ka-50 slot. NOT FLYABLE.

You start multiplayer for Black Shark and try to enter a Ka-50 slot, works!

Tried it for the 104th server and it works just like this

edit: sniped by Panzer ;)

• Like 1

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I think there could be a short info in score sheet like "not available" or "not flyable with DCS/FC2" to prevent future confusions like this.

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

I think there could be a short info in score sheet like "not available" or "not flyable with DCS/FC2" to prevent future confusions like this.

Well sure, but in my personal opinion it's relatively obvious - if you're not running the Ka-50 app you won't fly it... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, there are two products - DCS:BS and FC2.

It should appear obvious that you need to buy BS to be able to fly it - and vica versa.

But I must admit, I've done the same mistake a few times myself - not being too sober of course. *cough*.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Hi all. Made my first attempts this weekend to fly BS on 104th server. Maybe I just couldnt get the help I needed but several times I flew the entire route on my Abris and there wasnt one thing for me to shoot. Everything was already dead. The mission briefing doesnt tell you anything besides going to WP2 and killing the units there. I was supposedly in a flight with 3 ships, none of which appeared on my abris and the only comments anyone made to me was to open mission editor. Course I dont even know the name of the mission. The only time I had a single clue as to what to do is when the server reset and there were instructions for the BS pilots. The only other messages I saw were about killing AWACs. So it looks like either Im clueless and need some help from experienced guys, or I should just stick with SP campaign.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

yes, it may well be obvious for some... but some have it in thier head (incorrectly or correctly, I'm not too sure) that it is an online compatibility scenario and hence believe the "two seperate products" are interchangable.

ie like entering the playground from either of two gates... the swings and see-saws and roundabouts being available for use regardless of which gate is used..

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

Hi all. Made my first attempts this weekend to fly BS on 104th server. Maybe I just couldnt get the help I needed but several times I flew the entire route on my Abris and there wasnt one thing for me to shoot. Everything was already dead. The mission briefing doesnt tell you anything besides going to WP2 and killing the units there. I was supposedly in a flight with 3 ships, none of which appeared on my abris and the only comments anyone made to me was to open mission editor. Course I dont even know the name of the mission. The only time I had a single clue as to what to do is when the server reset and there were instructions for the BS pilots. The only other messages I saw were about killing AWACs. So it looks like either Im clueless and need some help from experienced guys, or I should just stick with SP campaign.

Make sure to check out the mission brief. It is ALL there. For detailed maps, including exactly where the enemy units are visit http://www.104thphoenix.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2008

Registration required

the 1st thing you may want to do on the 104th server is ask what area your side is working...if you come in to the mission late the trgts at your wypts maybe dead already. you can also ck your abris to see where your other sharks are working...hope tht helps...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: