My only gripe with Lock on....

not been as technically minded as the rest of you regarding flight models and weapon characteristics etc....

My worst gripe at the mo with lockon/FC

is the disappearence of the sound when going to different views....

Seems strange to go back into a cockpit and not hear anything other than the sounds on the radio... then boom back on ....

please please fix this ! (or let me know how to :) )

The sound engine is severely borked. From posts made in the past, ED is unlikely to fix it, as it would be too much work for too little payoff.

You could try to adjust sound levels to minimize the weirdness, but it can't be eliminated at present.

Oh, if you're flying supersonic, the pit should be quiet. But, sometimes after an external view, the loud engine noise will still be playing in the supersonic pit.

it's not a bug it's a feature. Even in external views try rotating the plane and you'll notice the volume of the noise changes at different positions. It would suck if it had the same sound everywhere. Obviously the cockpit is much quieter than external.

it's not a bug it's a feature. Even in external views try rotating the plane and you'll notice the volume of the noise changes at different positions. It would suck if it had the same sound everywhere. Obviously the cockpit is much quieter than external.

IT"S A BUG! What do you call all but the lowest engine noise disappearing when switching from internal to external view and then back into cockpit again? Not to mention your brakes making no sound what-so-ever randomly after switching views from time to time...

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

IT"S A BUG! What do you call all but the lowest engine noise disappearing when switching from internal to external view and then back into cockpit again? Not to mention your brakes making no sound what-so-ever randomly after switching views from time to time...

;)

yeah I know the sound changes while rotating external views... but its when you go back inside... you get different volume of noise then.

Oh well a feature to sort in the next Lomac palease ED :)

This has always been the case for me, I've just gotten used to it.

Full afterburner within cockpit = sound for 5 seconds, then it cuts out. I switch to F2 view and I hear it, F3 view and I hear it. Back to cockpit, no sound.

Any thrust setting under full AB, will produce sound.

I guess for game sake some of this could be a bug, but IRL how often do you switch to an outside view? What matters is what is happening in the cockpit. The rest is fluff!

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I've found this method so that you get the full sound-surround while in the cockpit:

1) Get into NAV mode

2) Centre your cockpit view

3) Hit F2 for an external view -

4) Zoom in closer on the cockpit

5) Hit Ctrl-C - I've tested it with all the planes.

6) Hit F1 for the Cockpit view

Step 5 will show that it is a feature and not a bug

Thank you.

7) Add Rep points over on the left

• Like 1

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Just to be clear on the dynamics of sound and how it's incorporated into the game...

When you exceed the speed of sound any external sounds made by the plane will NOT be heard in the cockpit. All internal sounds (radio, bouncing betty etc) can be heard because the sounds are emmitted internall when they are already travelling faster than sound. Also, the jet is pushing a "sound barrier" or wall of sound. This is why you don't hear anything when looking at the jet from the front and then you hear the boom as you get behind it which is the other side of the sound wall.

Just to be clear on the dynamics of sound and how it's incorporated into the game...

When you exceed the speed of sound any external sounds made by the plane will NOT be heard in the cockpit. All internal sounds (radio, bouncing betty etc) can be heard because the sounds are emmitted internall when they are already travelling faster than sound. Also, the jet is pushing a "sound barrier" or wall of sound. This is why you don't hear anything when looking at the jet from the front and then you hear the boom as you get behind it which is the other side of the sound wall.

You all should try out Zzzspace 1.1 for FC. Its wicked. Real art work in my book. :icon_supe

Akula, thats interesting. I want to be clear on this .... When I go to full AB all engine sounds stop. {within the cockpit} .... I mean total silence i.e. nothing ... I hear the roar for a few seconds and then the sound just drops out.

And you're saying this is supposed to be that way ??? Total silence, not even a hum ???

Thanks for any info.

I guess for game sake some of this could be a bug, but IRL how often do you switch to an outside view? What matters is what is happening in the cockpit. The rest is fluff!

I agree, and who needs a fluffer anyways?

Veni,Vidi,Vici Biiiaaaatttcchhh!!

lol zoom boy, nice way to get a convertable aircraft or do you mean whilst on the ground ONLY?

He wanted to know the difference between noise in the cockpit and outside the cockpit in the sound model. That demonstrates it clearly.

In air ONLY; it is cooler hearing the missiles fire.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Correction coldcrew, the sound volume does NOT change. The sound abruptly changes from forwrad engines to aft engines the second you pass the middle of the airplane.

Yes the sound engine is bugged, they are correct in stating the above. Even with zzzspaces sound pack the sound engine itself has some errors. There is a noticeable jump in volume and drop if you change from internal to external and jump back. In real life in the pit you shouldn't be able to hear much other than radio and warning alarms anyway.(for the F-16 I mean) Especially if the pilot is wearing ear plugs as well as a Helmet. I'm not sure of the russian aircraft. The external volume does change as you rotate around the aircraft and there is a drop in volume as you pass the speed of sound but in real life that noise doesn't change in the pit. Externally the aircraft sound good with the zzzspace sound pack. In the pit sounds good too with the exception of the noticeable drop if you jump views. Hopefully in the lockon sequel they'll get someone who can record samples for each aircraft in each and every mode of flight, startup, taxi, in the pit and externally. It would be better to have the maybe a sound pack for each aircraft rather than several aircraft sharing the same files.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]