BS, Apache, then A-10C:

well that was before they made changes, so it's A10c then maybe Apache.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Well that gives you a pretty good clue what the next release could be does'nt it. This interveiw was pre mid 2008 wich means they have been working on Apache and A-10C for at LEAST two years. Not saying Apache is the next release but with 2 years development time, plus the time till the A-10c release and the Apache (probably 2 more years or so, so 4 years total minimum) release, thier team size, and schedule, I would say that its a pretty good freakin bet. Any takers?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I take it! :P AH-64A all the way!

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I would go for that!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Bah... I say do a twin seater with an AI in there

F15E or F111, that'd be fun!

AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz, 8GB OCZ AMD BE RAM, ATI HD5970 2GB XFX BE @ 875/1215, TM HOTAS Cougar, TM Cougar MFDs, TrackIR 5, CH MFP, GoFlight Switch Panel, iMo Mini-Monster Touch, Mimo 720S, Saitek Pro Flight Headset

I don´t think combat helo will have the high fidelity of DCS ut it has some other great features so it is ale to stand besides DCS:Apache. Depends on what the military customers want next I guess.

As for me I would prefer a MI24 or 35 like always.

http://www.helicomontagne.fr/QTVR/Spherique/MilMi35/Avant/Pleinecran.html :)

Can´t wait to push all that buttons and switches, delicious!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sure an Apache would be nice to have but I'd prefer other planes first. F-18 or F-16, Su-25T, Su-33 or a Hind.

But frankly after the Hog I'd love to see a "DCS: Dynamic Campaign". One can dream... ;)

Sure an Apache would be nice to have but I'd prefer other planes first. F-18 or F-16, Su-25T, Su-33 or a Hind.

But frankly after the Hog I'd love to see a "DCS: Dynamic Campaign". One can dream... ;)

Exactly, as nice as FC2 is I grew tired of the missions quickly. A Falcon4 style campaign engine would add life to this series, if we keep having the same campaigns, that I find very uninteresting, I might buy the A-10 module out of curiousity but would probably not buy anything further like a possible F-16 module.

http://www.lieuwedevries.com

High Quality Aircraft profile drawings

I think that a dynamic campaign never can create those intense missions we have at the moment. This may work for Troop here troop there moving elsewhere. Can´t imagine that a dynamic campaign looks out for the right spots in terrain to make a good mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A dynamic campaign doesn't have to mean that an algorithm has to generate all mission elements. I imagine a good dynamic campaign engine still requires a lot of human input in the form of databases. For example, a variety of mappings of the terrain for mission variables such as ambush sites, terrain cover, possible axes of advance, suitable SAM locations, suitable supply routes, etc. The campaign engine would use all these databases in combination with the current military situation to decide where the elements in the next mission are located, how they move and so on. This should provide intelligent looking, yet ever varying missions, but it'd be a huge project to get it right...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

The campaign engine would use all these databases in combination with the current military situation to decide where the elements in the next mission are located, how they move and so on.

This is the thing, a truly dynamic campaign doesn't have a 'next mission'. A true dynamic campaign, eg the campaign engine in Falcon 4 (I'll stop using it as an example when something better comes along), is simply one continuous war that is going on even when you are not in the cockpit. Everything happens regardless of your actions, you are just another cog in the big machine that is war. Sadly in it's present state missions in DCS give you the opposite feeling, rather than just being another pilot, in another aircraft, you are the centre of the universe and if you fail everything fails. This in itself lends the sim to an air quake style of play rather than flying missions in a realistic manner.

However that's not to say there is no merit in a scripted mission, they can, when well made be very good indeed. And they are certainly invaluable for training purposes, due to their predictable nature. But they can never replace a true dynamic campaign engine.

Now do I think we'll ever see one in DCS? Honestly, no, not for the foreseeable future anyway. And not because there is no demand for one, or in any way that ED couldn't make one or indeed has a desire to make one as I'm sure they could and would. As with everything else it's a time and money issue. Producing a good dynamic campaign engine is a time consuming and expensive process, and not something I think ED will be able to do until such time as they have a decent wad of cash in the bank from both commercial and military projects, and of course the resources and time to do it.

As for what aircraft comes next, well it'll no doubt be decided by what military contracts ED can obtain next. And at the moment from what I've read on these forums, not even ED know that answer to that one as yet. We'll just have to do the military thing and 'hurry up and wait'.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The ME improves with each new patch and version of DCS ... I would definately bet on ED to come up with something very cool going forward ME / campain wise ... fingers crossed ...

Remember, these guys (the devs) are HARDCORE flight simmers themselves... they want all these features the same as you do!

I would like to see some sort of comms with the troops on the ground. I know when I was in the Service- on an M1A1- we had comms with Apaches and A-10s.

I would personally give 6-9 digit cord. to exactly where the bad guys were, that is if we couldn't laze and blaze them. And the A-10s were close enough to see a thumbs up from them..................awesome.

• Like 1

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I would like to see some sort of comms with the troops on the ground. I know when I was in the Service- on an M1A1- we had comms with Apaches and A-10s.

I would personally give 6-9 digit cord. to exactly where the bad guys were, that is if we couldn't laze and blaze them. And the A-10s were close enough to see a thumbs up from them..................awesome.

Do you give coordinates in UTM or lat-long?

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I'm not sure exactly how much fidelity the below AH-64 sim will have, but it seems a pity to have head to head products in such a niche area:

http://combathelo.blogspot.com/

I'd prefer a carrier-based fast mover next.

This is somthing I will fallow to see how it turns out. But it doesnot have the abillty to work with other aircraft in a MP enviroment. If they are doing this privet it is a major undertaking. And may not see the shelvs for a few years. He has all ready ben working on it since Sep 2009.

One other thing it wont be to the standards of DCS realism as we all know the AH-64D is still classified. I think DCS has the upper leag on them for now.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Do you give coordinates in UTM or lat-long?

If thats what our maps were set up with. It kind of seems that way, but then wouldn't our enemies have are positions. Doesn't matter we were on a freq. hop radio. But I was issued maps as well as everyone else and as you know a 9 digit cord. is more accurate than a 6 digit...

Edited by DetroitDieseL

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

Personally, I'm looking forward to the A-10c. And I would love to see some sort of campaign in the F4 tradition. Lost many hours of my life to that sim...

S!

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case

I don´t think combat helo will have the high fidelity of DCS ut it has some other great features so it is ale to stand besides DCS:Apache. Depends on what the military customers want next I guess.

As for me I would prefer a MI24 or 35 like always.

http://www.helicomontagne.fr/QTVR/Spherique/MilMi35/Avant/Pleinecran.html :)

Can´t wait to push all that buttons and switches, delicious!

Wow that link was really neat. Thanks for posting it. The cockpit was so deatailed you could see the crack in the gps screen. Got any more of those 3D cockpits?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]