1.0.2. Dual Monitor setup and NVG - Fail.

biotech

My multi monitor setup is: camera on the left (1920x1200), Shkval and ABRIS on the right (1600x900)

Shkval and ABRIS does not displays on the screenshots, i don't know why.

After installing 1.0.2 patch, and a minor editing of config files, all should seem well (first screenshot) untill I've started night mission and turn on NVG (second screenshot). Main picture on the left monitor seems to stretch on both monitors (however the right monitor still properly displays shkval & abris).

Can anyone explain this? Can I fix it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=39201&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1274201625

attachment.php?attachmentid=39202&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1274201625

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

I get the same thing and I didn't edit any cfg's, but I did edit the options lua and set up a new file in the monitor setup.

I mean the same in other words. I've edit lua's, not cfg's. One is: options.lua in ..\BlackShark\data\scripts and second is my monitor setup in ..\Config\MonitorSetup

And I can't find any lua's which contain something about screen resolution or it's aspect in night vision mode.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

Hello all,

I'm a multimonitor user too, and very sad for this issue...

I don't know if it can help, but I remark that, in a single monitor night flight, when NVG are ON, the antialiasing becomme OFF... Antialiasing come back ON when NVG are put OFF...

screenshot009uk.th.jpg

screenshot010pd.th.jpg

Do you think this issue can be solved in a next patch?

Thanks.

Pétoulet.

• 4 weeks later...

I have this issue as well and it would be nice to know how to fix it?

Anyone from ED willing to reply as to why more than 1 monitor messes up the night vision?

Anyone know if changing any values in any file could fix the aspect ratio for NVG's when they are on?

Peace

Edited by =RvE=FuSiOn

Yep, exact same issue here. I use 1920x1080 on the main screen and 1280x1024 for the Shval.

I get a stretched main viewport when turning on NVG, plus AA turns off.

One additional effect: The NVG brightness is behaving different than before the patch. When I turn the power/brightness down, the NVG part of the screen fades to black instead of to the visual without NVG.

Can anyone confirm this last observation? Should it be that way, i.e. do NVGs become opaque without power? I thought the technology it is based on is photo-amplifier tubes. Meaning the light is amplified, not recorded by a camera and then presented on a screen (which would yield the current behavior).

Any thoughts? (Plus a fix would be really nice...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

I wish someone would come up with software similar to BSVP for the shkval on second monitor because I have such a hard time setting mine up on second monitor trying to use a lua script i just suck with that stuff. Plus my second monitor is a CRT but i dont think it should be that big of a deal.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind,. ED will not fix that files. so 3rd party fix will be nice. I aint a programmer. so somebody get busy :D

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

Keep in mind,. ED will not fix that files. so 3rd party fix will be nice. I aint a programmer. so somebody get busy :D

What makes you say they will not fix it? Do you mean that as a practical observation based on previous cases or that it isn't their duty?

Because I believe that this is an important issue with so many users having high-end equipment with multiple monitors and DCS officially supporting Triplehead/Eyefinity... I would say this bug warrents a hotfix patch and ED/TFC owe it to their own high quality standards to do this... Please:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

Well, then I hope they at least notice this issue (bump, bump, hint, hint :music_whistling:) and avoid it in A10C. Hopefully we'll have it fixed in the expected compatibility patch for Blackshark...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep, guess I'm in, just tried flying in nvg's for the first time in a while. When I switch on goggles, view seems to stretch, best way I can describe is looking in a goldfish bowl, and I've noticed I can't click on any buttons, take goggles off, view returns to normal and buttons work again. I'm sure I could fly on goggles with previous patch. I'm also running duel monitors in 1920 x 1200 with main view on left and abris and shukra on right monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

For night missions I have to switch back to single monitor setup. I wrote a batchfile to make the necessary .lua changes easier. But on servers you don't know beforehand what the missiontime is and I've had it more than once that I had to go out, change the settings and come back online. Quite an annoying bug I'd say. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

• 2 weeks later...

same here.. 2 monitor setup, shakval+abris on the right screen 1280x1024 and camera on my main to the left 1600x1200. Everything nice but when i switch on NVG the left 'Camera' view looks like streched over the whole resolution for the 2 monitors and is not fixed to the 'camera' output.

Was it like this before the 1.0.2 patch or did it work with 1.0.1?

Hope ED can find the time to investigate on it and maybe deliver a quick fix? :music_whistling: (yea i know they are on finalizing a10, but but but i LOVE my dual monitor setup i finally got running...)

tnx,

hek

• 3 weeks later...

The 1.0.2 patch broke it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...