1.0.2. Dual Monitor setup and NVG - Fail.

biotech

Where did you report this exactly?

Plus I think we'll see a solution with the promised compatibility patch between Black Shark and Warthog. But I'll be happy to sign your petition...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

as i tried out the NVG-mode first time since using multi-monitor-setup in cause of TP, i also had to realize the "broken" optics.

I also didn't find how to affect the NVG's resolution or aspect ratio to the screen. But i found out, that it's affected directly by

the settings related to the main window. The offer is no real solution, just a workaround, avoiding the "stretched to the left NVG-optic",

by filling up the hole available screen-area with cockpit-view.

So if you want back your NVG in a suitable kind, do as follows:

1. Rearrange your monitor-setup, so that the touchscreen is located under the main-screen and middled out between left and

right cornor. As i use a 2048x1152 main and a 1280x1024 touch-screen, the position of the second should look like

x=(2048-1280)/2=384 and y=1152.

2. Regardless of using TB or TP (i'm using TP, ...Documents/Touchpal/touchpal.xml), position in x,y should be the same like above:

x=384, y=1152.

3. For Monitor-Setup there has to be following rows according to monitor-arrangement and TP:

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 2048;

height = 2176;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 0.9411764705882353;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 384+20;

y = 1152+20;

width = 640;

height = 480;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 384+751;

y = 1152+241;

width = 480;

height = 640;

}

4. Change relevant rows in options.lua as like this:

["aspect"] = 0.9411764705882353,

["width"] = 2048,

["height"] = 2176,

...et voila.

The only thing is, the pivot poit of head moving seems to be a little bit displaced downwards... maybe someone will find out what

and why... what effects the main screen getting stretched verticaly when zooming.

Btw, using this setup without TP, i mean by directly using the clickable cockpit of bs has it's own charme, even if it's not as

comfortable in some situations.

regards

tolgamat

Edited by tolgamat
decription for better understanding

System: Q9550@3.7,P5Qpro,DDR2/1066,HD6950@6970/2GB,Win7pro64,SB X-Fi,G940, WiiRemote, Freetrack, Touchpal

I think your aspect is wrong; you are using the aspect for the total screen area, try using an aspect just for the screen area of your primary monitor... and try dropping the center view port "height" to be just 1152.

for this to work you would have to change your Windows Monitor settings to be Large Monitor over the Small Monitor ? correct?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I think your aspect is wrong; you are using the aspect for the total screen area, try using an aspect just for the screen area of your primary monitor... and try dropping the center view port "height" to be just 1152.
To do what? That settings are working to provide the NVG-viewport in a comparable ratio and position as like the normal cockpit-viewport.

for this to work you would have to change your Windows Monitor settings to be Large Monitor over the Small Monitor ? correct?
Sir, yes, Sir! Just like described in topic 1, Sir!

1. Rearrange your monitor-setup, so that the touchscreen is located under the main-screen and middled out between left and

right cornor. As i use a 2048x1152 main and a 1280x1024 touch-screen, the position of the second should look like

x=(2048-1280)/2=384 and y=1152.

System: Q9550@3.7,P5Qpro,DDR2/1066,HD6950@6970/2GB,Win7pro64,SB X-Fi,G940, WiiRemote, Freetrack, Touchpal

To do what? That settings are working to provide the NVG-viewport in a comparable ratio and position as like the normal cockpit-viewport.

To correct your apparent head position, and the stretching effect when zooming

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

To correct your apparent head position, and the stretching effect when zooming

The stretching effect isn't that one affected by wrong res or aspect settings. It's definitly affected by the angle of view while zooming.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all.

Another guy, the same problem. I heard about a new patch wo make black shark compatible to A10. It will be great when the patch fix the dualscreen- problem.

Greetings from Germany

Wildsau

Edited by Wildsau

• 1 month later...

tolgamat is totally on to a fix, I just can't wrap my head around it atm.

I'm using a 1920x1080 with the camera, and a 1280x1024 to the right showing shkval and abris

So:

Camera x=0 y=0 - 1920x1080

skvall x=1920 y=242 - 800x600

abris x=2720 y=214 - 480x640

Other than labels collecting on the left edge of the 1280x1024, it works great until nvg is employed.

So i think what tolgamat is saying is that because my total screen resolution width is 3200 in options, and NVG has nothing else telling it what size to render at, it will always use the max width found in options.lua.

This being said, a variable must be added to instruct NVG to conform to a specif resolution rather than being lazy and using the default.

I just started playing BS again yesterday, and it literally took the entire day to get it set up (= which is half the fun; multi-display configuration setup, keyboard and joystick layout, head-bob disabled, skins 3rd party textures and campaigns installed, and this the last thing on the list.

Is there a way to maybe put something else inside the virtual space to squish the monitor back to a appropriate resolution? I've noticed some people have different backdrops than I do on the second screen under their abris/shkval. Can this be used as padding?

Edit for additional content..

Is there a list of viewports kicking around? I've tried adding an NVG entry to my shvak+camera+abris.lua file, copying the settings for Center=, and the display option still shows up in the options menu, meaning it will work, but the variable NVG is obviously meaning less.

e.i.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Shkval+Camera+ABRIS');
Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor,ABRIS on the right and camera on the center';
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x =0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.7777777777778;
    }
}

Shkval =
{
    x =1920;
    y =  242;
    width = 800;
    height = 600;
}

ABRIS =
{
    x = 2720;
    y = 214;
    width = 480;
    height = 640;
}
   NVG=
     {
         x =0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.7777777777778;
    }

I'm just grasping at straws here, but it has to have something to do with the overlays.

I've also noticed that until I use NVG the loading screen is present as a back drop, once nvg is used, whatever was present behind the shkval and abris when the nvg is shut off, stays there, which leads me to believe the graphics layer is unrelated to the shkval+camera+abris.lua file but has some kind of relationship with the load screen, as in they are used similarly.

edit:

Also worth noting, it does not affect any other F-key view, be it your external, vehicles, boats, etc, but the map is affected, and does the same thing as the loading splash screen. Any ideas?

Edited by isbent
Edit for additional content..

• 2 months later...

Anyone solved this?

If not i'm asking ED if can please at least tell me how the nvg is working and if there is some lua file that manage the NVG function, may be I can solve this working on that file.

bb

• 3 weeks later...

Just tested as well and same problem here. Running touchpal on right screen (physically placed left but placed right in win7) with shkval and abris included, and this leads to stretching of the main lcd. Right screen is not affected, neither the touchpal controls or the shkval or abris. Anyone have compared the files in previous patches with the new ones?

Here is to hoping that ED will fix this some time in not too long.

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

Just pointed Nate towards this issue from this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1266146&posted=1#post1266146

Fingers crossed, we may finally get some sort of an answer or fix.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes exactly.

In very simple words:

The problems seems to me that The post-processing layer of the NVG-View don't is related to the numbers that are found in your "Camera-Lua".

The NVG-view uses the overall resolution that is set in the Options.lua.

Many thanks Nate, for taking the time and coming to have a look. Sorry if I've opened a can of worms on the other thread :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Yes exactly.

In very simple words:

The problems seems to me that The post-processing layer of the NVG-View don't is related to the numbers that are found in your "Camera-Lua".

The NVG-view uses the overall resolution that is set in the Options.lua.

OK so it is just the NVG mask that is distorted and not the 3d world behind it?

Nate

No- not only the "oval mask" -its the whole render of the "camera" that gets stretched to the whole resolution.

Mastiffs video shows it very good :

yes I too seem to have that problem with the NVG's aspect ratio in error.

I'm running in windowed mode and 2 7 inch Lilliput's USB monitors.

And you can easily reproduce it even if you have no second monitor.

Just ad Abris and whatever at your screen and lower the size of the "camera" to as smaller portion of your overall monitor size.

Edited by PeterP

Yep cool it is still bugged a bit, but the 3d world is no longer distorted.

Nate

Thanks for this update - sounds promising.

Edit:

So what's left to do is to tell the focus.bmp/fokus.png/etcetera they have to stay at the size and place of the camera.

(Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Bazar\Effects\PostMotionEffect\NightVisionGoogle )

Edited by PeterP

:)-I didnt ask for details -

just wanted to say "Sound promising" and provide additional info where to look for the mask.

No problem M8!

Even if this bug with the stretched mask (and the 3d world isn't stretched any more) will see the light of day in the compatibility patch we should now be able (I hope so) to "correct" this by our self by editing/deleting the overlay ...

Of course this is not the optimum -but it would be a workaround that I at least could accept - because its much more than we have right now.

Edit:

And Its very nice that you step in and want to help!

And until I see "ED Team" under the forum name - I wouldn't dare to believe anyone that tells something about what will be in a patch or not - would you?! :D

focus.thumb.png.95bea7ce0ab005ac7baf566c3ed18adc.png

Edited by PeterP