3x I have been asked for activation!

Seriously, what is going on? I haven't upgraded my computer for the past year or done any significant changes but every now and then I am asked to re-activate my product? I am loosing all of my activations for now reason. This is the 3rd time.

This is exactly how DRM screws of legitimate users. I have purchased the game twice (download and DVD) and it's just not fair.

Do you use VMware, any virtual hardware (DaemonTools) or similar?

Also, have you verified through the starforce site that activations have actually been deducted? To verify, go here: http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

Enter your serial number, and click "Serial Number parameters". Do not click "Get Activation Key".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, but I am a developer so why should I be deducted activations because of that? If that is the case that is a BIG mistake on Starforces part.

I have verified the activations, and I think I am down to my last 1 now, which will be needed when I reformat Windows tonight...

Yes, but I am a developer so why should I be deducted activations because of that? If that is the case that is a BIG mistake on Starforces part.

As it is there is no way for the protection system to differentiate between virtual hardware and actual hardware. Sadly, the alternative would be to install a driver with Ring0 access, and you can imagine how popular that would be. (Starforce does offer that option on the ProActive system, but ED decided not to go that route because users requested driver-free protection.)

I have verified the activations, and I think I am down to my last 1 now, which will be needed when I reformat Windows tonight...

Deactivate before reformatting.

If you do run out you can get a refill through contacting support on this forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sometimes the my game too wants to be activated again. I was playing one day, exited, and wanted to start again, but the activation screen popped up. I decided to restart the PC and voila, problem fixed. Worked every time (3 times so far)...

p.s. I don't use VM's