HAT - Track ----> 6DOF?

trackvri1.jpgtrackvri1.jpgtrackvri1.th.jpgtrackvri11.jpgtrackvri11.jpg

Ok, now most of you has saw this product, but thing is that he is made for FS and on youtube he is working great with that simulator. What im asking is, has anybody try to use it with FC 2.0 or Black Shark cos he has same posibillity as TIR, but price is much more smaller then TrackIR and just for one price you are geting all shown on picture????

That looks like a prefabbed Freetrack to me?

Do you have an actual link to the product so people can see more than a photograph? No way to judge anything about it based on just a photograph... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The question is whether it supports the TrackIR data-protocol. If it uses another protocol, the 6DOF will probably not work(in DCS & FC2) ... For about the same amount of money a member of my squad bought a nice second hand TrackIR4 Pro from ebay. And for 1/5th the money I got myself a greatly working FreeTrack :)

There's no requirement that you need TrackIR specific input into DCS:BS. The game automatically recognizes and assigns the axes in the controls but that it just convenience. Otherwise you can bind the FreeTrack, Cachya, etc joystick axes to the necessary slots in the axes screen.

There's no requirement that you need TrackIR specific input into DCS:BS. The game automatically recognizes and assigns the axes in the controls but that it just convenience. Otherwise you can bind the FreeTrack, Cachya, etc joystick axes to the necessary slots in the axes screen.

Yeah, good point here...

Well with the stock game(FC2), my freetrack only worked on 3 axis. To get it working in the full 6DOF I had to do some specific changes to add the support for the additional 3 axis. That made me think that the TrackIR protocol must be used to get the full 6DOF. I might be wrong though...

Field of view is poor. FPS number is interpolated. Basically, it's 30. Same as most web cameras used for Freetrack.

IMHO, VRI HAT Track (beside of visual appearance) is technically no better then Freetrack homemade device. In other words, wasted money.

Some more info and customer service and one review

BTW What kind of problem you have encountered with FT?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Field of view is poor. FPS number is interpolated. Basically, it's 30.

According to the HAT-Track manual, horizontal field of view is 46 degrees which is typical for a webcam and perfectly adequate. It also states '60hz (interpolated)' but this could mean it's being interpolated to a higher rate. How do you know the camera is operating at 30hz?

"60hz (interpolated)" means it is sixty hertz when interpolated. Therefore, it's 60hz with the interpolation. If it was anything else they'd say "60hz (excl. interpolation)" or something to that effect.

So, some stats then:

HAT-Track price: 100 dollars

FOV (horizontal): 46 degrees

Sample rate: 60

TrackIR 5: 150-190 dollars

FOV (horizontal): 51.7 degrees

Refresh rate: 120

Now here's the kicker, keep the HAT-Track numbers in mind for this one,

TrackIR 4: 100 dollars

FOV (horizontal): 46 degrees

Sample rate: 120

So, my question would be: why purchase something that has the same refresh rate (actual) as a regular webcam, works the same way as freetrack, costs more than cachya, and has the same asking price as a TrackIR4 which clobbers it on all aspects except FOV? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

According to the HAT-Track manual, horizontal field of view is 46 degrees which is typical for a webcam and perfectly adequate. It also states '60hz (interpolated)' but this could mean it's being interpolated to a higher rate. How do you know the camera is operating at 30hz?

Simply. Every manufacturer states best numbers. Camera interpolate in whole number. First number is 2. So, 60/2 is 30 (which is standard).

In free track you have interpolation to 120.

I have nothing good to say about interpolation. IMO, best way to ruin scan, or photo. You can't get something from nothing. Maybe it helps to eliminate jerkiness in movement. I didn't look at it.

When I said "Poor" I didn't mean "weaker to" but "it's not superior to". You're right about that. Why "Poor" then? Bcs 3x-5x cost of homemade and have nothing more to offer. I think pretty much same about TIR (unless you don't want or have time to do everything yourself). Off-course IMO.

Zeljava, if you live in same country as I - beware. Postal costs and customs (from 135€ to 280€) make every order from foreign almost useless. I think that Compdesk was importer and GameS was retailer. Best solution is cousin from Germany and bus line :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, i have got the answer from their forum of HAT-Track and i will copy-paste it here, cheers!

"Hi Zeljava, welcome to the forum,

Unfortunately VRinsight and the Hat-Track only officially support Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and FSX."

If your in the uk there is a trackir5 new £99 ,buy now . I,m happy with my 4 , but sounds a bargain item 270581581060 :thumbup: Sorry fogot to mension its on thay auction site flybuy DOH :doh:

Edited by evo6tme

Ok, thx all for answer`s...EtherealIN, you have made good tips for price`s, i just wanna ask you for that TIR 4, is it new one or from eBay and do i get that 3clip for headset for that money?

I used the suggested retail price from Naturalpoint as the reference, which means that the price applies to new units, but I unfortunately do not know for sure which places have the 4 unit up for sale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

wiimote + usb bluetooth + freetrack + bluesoil bluetooth program + 3 ir led and littlle steel wire. Thre you got good and fast head track. But only proplem is wiimote has small fov so you need aim that camare good position and that work. Wiimote has 100fps read much better than poor web cameras. And best is wiimote camera itself make all calculations with ir points so you not need much cpu power to calculate movements.

Edited by Nasty