Any New Tech

I am always on the lookout for new, intresting technology. I was wondering have any of you seen anything new that is relevant to BlackShark or Lock On? Also anybody play this thing in 3d yet? Is it as cool as you would think it would be?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here, gaming in 3D the lasts three years whenever the game allows it. And, from my experience, whether it is cool or not it depends heavily on each individual. Also, it's difficult to set it up correctly, so most people give up before experience a single game with correct stereo-3D settings.

If you have a nvidia card you can have a taste of it with anaglyph glasses (red/cyan glasses), but the color is almost lost and is very uncomfortable for the eyes.

Setup 2 monitors vertically with the bottom monitor being a touch screen.

Then you've got an instant home cockpit :)

Push buttons with your fingers and flick switches.

I wish my touch screen hadn't died on me :(

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I played BS on anaglyph 3D all weekend. Was truely awesome. Really gave a sense of how high up I was and made judgement of speed much easier, didn't hardly need to check the VSI at all, and I'm pretty newb at BS. Felt like I was really "hanging in space in a little tin can"

I used iZ3D drivers on XP sp3

Downsides:

• AA would NOT work at all
  • Frame rate almost halves. But AA was off so could have been worse, went from 40-60fps down to 16-30fps.
  • Red/Cyan vision made me feal like I'd been on medication all weekend
  • Red/Cyan vision made me see everything in red/cyan when not wearing them
  • Did I mention red/cyan vision was a bit annoying???111
  • After a while you get used to the 3D effect and it starts to look 2D again... !!?? but in red/cyan vision

2nd Best would be to get a thumping massive 120hz LCD monitor or LCD TV and get one of those nVidia shutter glasses kits. Problem is you need to be able to generate 120fps solid. So you need a Super Computer.

I saw the best 3d setup I believe on youtube. Consisted of a frex dome screen and a 3D LCD projector ....

Still, would be sweet to have polarised projector at home...

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

Bah, shutter glasses...

Just get two projectors, aim them at the same spot, but with polarization lenses. Then wear glasses with corresponding polarization.

Done. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes please:lol:

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

My peripherals Xmas list:

Triple Head to Go: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

or

SuperWide Monitor: http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

Touchbuddy: http://touch-buddy.com/forums/faq/18-master-faq.html

Playseat: http://playseat.com/shop/flight-simulator/flight-simulator-chair.html

Buttkicker: http://www.thebuttkicker.com/

XKeys: http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys.php

... and of course... http://www.thrustmaster.com/ for a few MFD and the Warthog.

oh yeah... an understanding and patient wife would be great too. :thumbup:

bigstockphoto_Angry_Wife_2292904.jpg

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

2nd Best would be to get a thumping massive 120hz LCD monitor or LCD TV and get one of those nVidia shutter glasses kits. Problem is you need to be able to generate 120fps solid. So you need a Super Computer.
If you use nvidia shutters you can use their stereo drivers and you don't need to keep the fps so high. They stay synchronized at any fps.

Man this 3-D is great! I wish Real life was in 3-D! :happy:
Is that a joke? :)

Oh, and the buttkicker mentioned above, that's also a great thing to have. Sound is never again the same once you get use to feel it in your body. Even music!

• ED Team

At ITEC we also used these controls. I will post more info soon.

http://www.rcsimulations.com/cadet.html

There is no doubt that having a collective with a reasonable length of travel improves control considerably.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

If you use nvidia shutters you can use their stereo drivers and you don't need to keep the fps so high. They stay synchronized at any fps.

Yeah I know it will sync to whatever your PC is generating :) but I read somewhere a few times that if you're not getting a good 60 FPS with 3D shutter glasses then you will get a headache so you need a 120hz monitor or TV. You can get cheap 100hz 1080p LCD TVs now. 50 FPS on 3D would be ok I imagine. But I don't have expereince with shutter glasses to confirm this.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

It is not the same the refresh rate of the display than the frames per second of the game. You need 120Hz (60Hz per eye) for an acceptable flickering as the shutters close and open. The game can generate 1 fps or 200, it doesn't matter, the shutters will flick at 120Hz.

The stereo driver is responsible of displaying the correct frame for the correct eye. The iz3d driver can't do that yet, and if you use shutters with it the fps must be equal or above the display refresh rate or you may suffer from 'eye swapping'. Maybe the confusion comes from here.

I had shutters and used it with my old crt at 100Hz and it was perfectly acceptable... for me.

The problem is that LCD's doesn't refresh the display in a way you can use shutters with them even if the refresh rate is 100Hz. It's a total mesh if you'd try. These new 120Hz LCD's are designed on purpose to be usable with shutters so the refresh of the display is done in a way that it is compatible with them.

Edited by average_pilot

JimMack that link you provided shows everything but the price. How much is that helo set up?

Scratch that I see now it has not even been released yet. I bet it will be super expensive though.

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OSTENDO $6449.00 very nice price NOT!!! :joystick: :pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||