Having trouble hitting targets with unguided rocket or gun pods

XarBat

When ever I activated the unguided rocket or gun pods they almost always miss. Also there are times when the aiming mark just drops way down off the HUD until I press the lock target button again; even if the Shkval is pointing directly at the target and the target is stationary. How does this work? Does the aiming mark get much less accurate 10 seconds or so after lasing; even if the target is stationary. Speaking of which, Dragon's weapons training mission has some hills full of stationary tanks that don't shoot. Problem is the rockets or guns can't penetrate the tanks. Is there a training mission that has stationary targets, that don't shoot, that rockets and guns can penetrate? Also it looks there is no give the aircraft permission to release weapons function.

Edit: Also why does my SAI keep breaking?

Edited by XarBat

depend wich unguided missiles you use but i think if you have laser locked target with unguided you get launch permission approx 4.0 distance and i aim them like circles same spot then look where that go and then trim chopper better position and i try again . My slef that is pure lotto if rocket hit targets or no :)

My recommendation would be to use gunsight mode (AT/GS switch on the weapons control panel) or not to use the shkval at all. Just select the weapon without uncaging the shkval, and you will get an aiming reticule on the HUD. I don't know why the reticule is moving, but I do know that if you are moving the range is less accurate. About releasing weapons: if you really want to, you could use manual mode, but you should get launch permission in auto mode if you are within valid parameters (check the manual).

By SAI I assume you mean the backup attitude indicator. If I am correct, it is not broken. The gyroscope inside tends to "lag" and fall over after some time. Maneuvering the helicopter aggressively speeds this up. Use the small knob to cage it every once and a while, and it will be just fine.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Don't use the Shkval? I use the Shkval so that the range finder can tell the helicopter's computer the range of the target which should make the aiming mark more accurate. What I want to know is why the aiming mark starts to pitch down a lot and drop off of the HUD 10 seconds or so after locking a stationary target with the laser on. If the aiming mark is more accurate without locking a target than that is a problem with the sim. I get launch permissions just fine; I was just saying that I wish there was a mode where a weapon was released automatically when the Shkval was centered in the aiming mark. As for the SAI it actually does break after I land and turn it's swith off.

Can you please post a track of both situations that you describe? I might have more specific answers if I see what you're doing.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

depend wich unguided missiles you use but i think if you have laser locked target with unguided you get launch permission approx 4.0 distance and i aim them like circles same spot then look where that go and then trim chopper better position and i try again . My slef that is pure lotto if rocket hit targets or no :)

wait,there s different kinds of rockets.which payload is that?

hmp im not remember which payload you got them but there is bigger rocket which got only 5 per each side? I played digi,s bridge defense and some guy tell me take that payload cos there is more damage when we attack carrier.

So i remember default rockets you have more than 5 pcs side over ten or somethin