Gulf of Mexico oil slick

jpm1

we hear bad things here in Europe some talk about USA biggest ecological disaster ever and latest news aren't pretty good link . i'm not a US citizen but i'm sad for them and i'm with them in these difficult moments . some talk about irreversible effects on Louisiana fauna and flora and the oil is about to reach Florida one of the most beautiful places on earth (see link above)

Edited by jpm1

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is not an American problem it affects us all. Why oh why didn't other countries sent pollution removal ships. even we have them.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Why oh why didn't other countries sent pollution removal ships. even we have them.

Other countries did. My country was asked for assistance early and gave it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Help seems insufficient as people are complaining no one has provided working solutions... :cry:

My PC specs below:

this is not an American problem it affects us all. Why oh why didn't other countries sent pollution removal ships. even we have them.

Hmmm this senerio reminds me of a movie..maybe you have seen it.." The Pelican Brief "...where the President was funded by a Oil Tycoon but the Tycoon lost in court to build an underground oil drilling project..the difference here is that in the US they have Lobbyist to convince some CongressMen/Women with Huge Cash funds to get what they want..now we have the Gulf disaster...yes it affects the entire world...:mad:

Because BP wants the swimming oil for them self, this get sold finally, and if somebody else picks it up, then maybe it is gone or something else. On the begin of the issue, they didn't wanted anybody there besides BP itself.

This is not an urgent problem.

Only 22 712 471 liter have yet spilled into the Gulf of Mexico AT MINIMUM

333 116 237 liter at BP's worst case guess and that's only half as much as Experts guess on worst case amount

what is surprising and seems unfortunatly recurrent , it's that in such cases it seems getting the politics that allowed such thing to happen into trials seems falling under some sci-fi . there's a major disaster and nobody is never responsible . who was the engineer that created a tool that broke , who was the politics that took such risks . i think dissuation could be useful in trying to avoid such disasters in the future . consequences are serious , they should be considered with more gravity in future . there's a major disaster and it escaped to everybody weird

@ Fudd : link unavailable outside US ..

still the oil leaks , i just read, some scientists fear that the oil slick could catch the atlantic currents and drift northward to the east coast beaches , what a mess this is going to be.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/local/east-volusia/2010/05/21/oil-fears-spread-up-east-coast.html

wow

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/cape+may/richard+stockton+college+new+jersey/62426-could+gulf+oil+spill+affect+east+coast

He said the oil could be carried all the way to Ireland, Norway and into the Arctic since the Gulf Stream travels that far.

Farrell said the entire North Atlantic Basin would inherit some of this oil.

Good example of what mankind can do and does do on a daily bases, not with just oil. The lose of most of the planets trees, still using plastics in areas where dear old glass could be used(example plastic bottles). the amount just from this going to land fills is amazing. Large Manufacturing plants still destroying the air we breath and ozone layer. The list can go on and on but yet nothing is really being done. We will eventually destroy ourselves. AS long as BIG companies rule, which they do, nothing will really change. Let's not forget the melting of the Polar Cap as well. Scientist can't keep up with what this world is changing into. Their predictions are far behind what is actually happening today. Very sad.:cry:

I don't understand all this.

Now they said they possibly fixed it but it's still gushing out as you can see on the stream:

http://bit.ly/aJDj54

Experts updated their estimates on the amount of the spilled oil

"Now we know the true scale of the monster we are fighting in the Gulf," said Jeremy Symons, vice president of the National Wildlife Federation. "BP has unleashed an unstoppable force of appalling proportions."BP did not immediately comment on the new estimate.

U.S. Geological Survey Director Marcia McNutt said two different teams of scientists calculated that the well has been spewing between 504,000 and more than a million gallons a day.

It was all caused because they used salt water instead of heavy drill fluid that couldn't stand the high gas pressure and the oil rig exploded.

Now comes the surprise.

BP makes around $66 Million win per day and the clean up causes them "only" around $16 Million per day.

They don't really pay on that! And eleven people were killed!

Frustrating !

Now they said they possibly fixed it but it's still gushing out as you can see on the stream:

It was all caused because they used salt water instead of heavy drill fluid that couldn't stand the high gas pressure and the oil rig exploded.

Now comes the surprise.

BP makes around $66 Million win per day and the clean up causes them "only" around $16 Million per day.

Frustrating !

If you had an oil spill in your back yard, you would either be in the poor house or never see the light of day again. We have had oil tanks leak into the ground here and the offender has been damn near bankrupt, cleaning it up.(home owner). Interesting.

The other day BP Presdient come out on TV saying "Hey, this affects to me as well as yours". Yeah, please explain this better to the thousand people who live off the sea, while you swim in tons of greens. Pathetic. If he is so wealthy because his responsability, he has to pay and suffer as well his errors.

Regards!!

They are getting desperate. I guess its another hard lesson to be learned, but at least I hope something will have to change to the better because of this. The ecosystem though, wont. :(

My PC specs below:

I could cry. I'm feeling angry and helpless at the same time I think about this.

"possibly August" is the lastest news.

Another 500.000.000 liter oil into the ocean?`

With a current speed of 1,8 m/s it'll arrive in European waters in three months.

:cry:

Well us poor people that are in the Gulf Stream are not going to be pleased for sure. I don't know why safety is not the 1st priority. Everything built should have safety first at all times, then build the damn things. Like what if we have a broken pipe, well maybe we should have thought of how to turn off the flow before we built it. Not other way around. Same could be said of most things built. Its build it first and solve problems later attitude. Going to get us all killed one of these days.

Now comes the surprise.

Frustrating !

Its like 1 exxon valdez every 10 days... :shocking:

How long this has been going? Estimated repairs in august? right?

My PC specs below:

the whole gulf is black tar we just killed our eco system..:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||