Wingman or box of rocks?

Woots

The positive about 1.02 patch - Its uses the same sound engine as FC2.0 and now the sound engine is utilizing all cores thus improving frame rates.

The negatives - Wingmen got from dumb to dumber. (Just like the movie:lol:)

After a long hour flying the "On the other side" mission in deployment campaign, I finally accomplished the mission and on the way back to base, a couple of kilometers from base actually, I gave the order for wingmen to RTB. On approach, no.2 with no.3 crushed with each other and no.4 was a couple of meters in no.3's ass.

I accomplished the next mission too, but when I order the wingman to attack he said ok, as I was looking on my right to see his ingress.... he was not there! I pressed F5 to view his position and he was abandoning me in the middle of the fight and went RTB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Specs: i7 920, GTX295, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz, 1TB WD, ASUS P6T Deluxe, 1000W Corsair PSU,

Coolermaster Cosmos "S" case, X-52pro, TrackIR 4

Have you tried turning off Civ traffic? Was mentioned on here somewhere and it works for me.

It works on first few missions and for replay. Afterward, wingman starts with his pacifist attitude again.

If you play missions you can try:

1) start mission, be some 20 sec in it, then quit it

2) save mission replay

3) start recently saved replay, hit `escape`, take control by clicking on 'CTRL'

4) miracle happens, wingman starts to obey in that mission

Campaign seems not advancing with this 'technique'.

Note:

Be sure that Civ Traffic is disabled.

Be sure not to give order for attack on target which is stationary on bridge

Use Goldfinger's mod to increase AI IQ. Connos gave link.

AI? :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The positive about 1.02 patch - Its uses the same sound engine as FC2.0 and now the sound engine is utilizing all cores thus improving frame rates.

The negatives - Wingmen got from dumb to dumber. (Just like the movie:lol:)

After a long hour flying the "On the other side" mission in deployment campaign, I finally accomplished the mission and on the way back to base, a couple of kilometers from base actually, I gave the order for wingmen to RTB. On approach, no.2 with no.3 crushed with each other and no.4 was a couple of meters in no.3's ass.

I accomplished the next mission too, but when I order the wingman to attack he said ok, as I was looking on my right to see his ingress.... he was not there! I pressed F5 to view his position and he was abandoning me in the middle of the fight and went RTB.

Ordering flight to RTB was always causing crashes between the Wingmen.... Ordering everyone separably is the only way to avoid this. I tried a mission today and everything was ok with my wingman. Using datalink is the way to go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

By turning Civ traffic off my wingman seems to engage when i tell him to. With Civ traffic on he just flys up to the target and gets shot down.

Thanks Dave317. Interesting. I always have Civ traffic off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, AMD Phenom II X4 940@3.5GHz, ATI 6870 1GB, Windows 7 64bit, Kingstone HyperX 4GB, 2x Western Digital Raptor 74GB, Asus Xonar DX Sound Card, Saitek X52 PRO, TrackIR 44: Pro.

so for me, it is the best choice, to fly in mulitplayer mode with my buddies on my rotorblades!), .. so i can guarantee my wingmen are doing what is communicated..

but i really hope they(ED) can fix this bug soon..

• Like 1

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've got Civ traffic off and they still respond poorly many times.

Also, does the new "shout out every tree and rock you see" feature of the AI wingmen also need to be happening during a reconnaissance? "Armor, 1 o'clock." "Contact, armor bearing 289 8 km." It seems a little redundant.

• Like 1