Is it possible to use Ati Tray Tools to force vsync?

Zorg_DK

With ATT you can only force vsync in game profiles, however I can't start BS with a profile in ATT. ATT can't read the --console command in the shortcut the profile is linked to (same for the BS MP shortcut command --net gui).

Any ideas?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think D3Doverrider can force V-sync for everything.

Nate

The conclusions are:

1. The D3Doverrider did diddle squat for Nate :D

2. DCS appears to have some mysterious solution for Vsync limitations.

I can say with 90% probability that DCS Black Shark uses special Vsync implementation (wait for Vsync ?) that allowes to bypass Vsync limitation re FPS being integer fractions of monitor refresh rate so you don't need any tools for forcing tripple buffering (like D3DOverrider).

So stay away from "tripple buffering enforcers". Your only concern is enebling Vsync which is your basic 3D driver damn responsibility and it should do it without a single squeek, If your drivers can't enable Vsync it is only the graphics manufacturer's fault. Go to his forums and start the rants. I'm serious.

EDIT:

Aah, sorry, I rushed things again. I only inform about "triple buffering enforcers" but seeking a tool that will force Vsync - feel free to do so if your drivers fail at this.

Edited by Bucic

With ATT you can only force vsync in game profiles, however I can't start BS with a profile in ATT. ATT can't read the --console command in the shortcut the profile is linked to (same for the BS MP shortcut command --net gui).

Any ideas?

You're right, you cannot start BS with a profile in ATT, but if you set up a profile and start BS via the desktop shortcut the settings from the profile are applied to the sim. I don't know if this works for vsync though as I always play with vsync off, but AA/AF definitely work in this fashion.

How about the general D3D setting in ATT? There is an option to set vsync to always on and this should be applied to any D3D application regardless of a profile being there or not.

thanks for your answers.

i can, and have been using, d3doverrider to force vsync. but: it doesn't work together with enbseries 2.1. so i'm looking for another way to force vsync so i can use enbseries.

my card is a 5870 on win 7 x64. the drivers can't do vsync on their own in BS.

"You're right, you cannot start BS with a profile in ATT, but if you set up a profile and start BS via the desktop shortcut the settings from the profile are applied to the sim. I don't know if this works for vsync though as I always play with vsync off, but AA/AF definitely work in this fashion."

- I don't think it works with vsync, i'll give it another try. EDIT: no joy, can't get ATT to work with BS.

so far it looks like i can't use enbseries bloom mod with vsync. that sucks. BS looks too dull and colorless without it...

Edited by Zorg_DK

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So stay away from "tripple buffering enforcers". Your only concern is enebling Vsync which is your basic 3D driver damn responsibility and it should do it without a single squeek, If your drivers can't enable Vsync it is only the graphics manufacturer's fault. Go to his forums and start the rants. I'm serious.

ATI have made a kick ass card with the 5870 but their drivers suck when it comes to niece games such as simulators. ATI only cares about new mainstream games. Posting on their forum does no good. I've made one thread there so far (regarding no vsync in FSX), and it was quickly locked by a no-good admin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ATI have made a kick ass card with the 5870 but their drivers suck when it comes to niece games such as simulators. ATI only cares about new mainstream games. Posting on their forum does no good. I've made one thread there so far (regarding no vsync in FSX), and it was quickly locked by a no-good admin.

On nVidia forums such topics are just ignored and left without answer. I don't know which is worse.

I use ATI tray tools to force vsync triple buffering and do AA and AF. Works fine for me here. You say you can't because of the -console command in the shortcut? check it again and make sure because mine has the console command and it works. Also I have a 4870 so it might make a difference since you have a newer 5870? ATT might not have support for those yet.

*edit* oh one thing im thinking of is that if you don't use the latest beta on Ray's skydrive then your using an ATT from like 2005 before these cards were even thought of. Make sure you get it from the guru3d ATT beta forum under his link for latest beta build.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=320467

Edited by Insanatrix