Amazing everytime

Just last night, I was flying around and just moving from waypoint to waypoint and I started scanning around the cockpit and looking outside the glass to the world below and suddenly realised what an awesome game this is.

Don't worry, Ol Le'Roy has not gone mad, but I have been playing this Sim on and of now for months but never really (for the use of a better word) "stopped to smell the roses":doh: and I thought I would just share my thoughts with you fellow pilots (virtual). For the 1st time in many hours of game play, I actually just sat back and enjoyed the ride and may I add, I decided to fly real low about 100ft and wow, it is not only beautiful grahpically (did I spell that right?) it is very fast. All in all, for me personally this is by far the most polished Sim to date.:pilotfly:

I can only imagine how the next game will be if it is looking at jet aircraft, awesome, I suspect.

Any virtual groups out there using this Sim that I could join?:thumbup:

Cheers

• Like 1

especially after all the improvals included in the last update!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your intrested we would like you to stop by warhawks and say hello.

http://war-hawks.net/

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I started scanning around the cockpit and looking outside the glass to the world below and suddenly realised what an awesome game this is.

True that! :thumbup:

Once in a while after finding another neat little detail or learning something new that I didn't know before I have to lean back and start giggling and thinking "oh my this is so brilliant". :)

What still amazes me is at what pretty low price we get all this. I mean ED could charge 100 Euro for Black Shark and I wouldn't complain.

don t tell Ed to loud that it s not as expenisve as it could be,..but i think this small price opens the market to newbees..

well hopefully, ED and the Fighter Collection earn enough cash to improve the product line more and more,..

cheers!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The great Wags sees all.......:thumbup:

You think this sim is great now. Wait for Lock-On Platinum. Then merge them together for the flight of your life.

I also love those just sit back, loosen your seatbelt, and relax flights.

P.S. It's GRAPHICALLY. Not yelling just helping. :joystick:

Main Entry: 1graph·ic

Pronunciation: \ˈgra-fik\

Variant(s): also graph·i·cal \-fi-kəl\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin graphicus, from Greek graphikos, from graphein

Date: 1637

1 a : of or relating to the pictorial arts; also : pictorial b : of, relating to, or involving such reproductive methods as those of engraving, etching, lithography, photography, serigraphy, and woodcut c : of or relating to the art of printing d : relating or according to graphics

2 : formed by writing, drawing, or engraving

3 usually graphic a : marked by clear lifelike or vividly realistic description b : vividly or plainly shown or described <a graphic sex scene>

4 usually graphical : of, relating to, or represented by a graph

5 : of or relating to the written or printed word or the symbols or devices used in writing or printing to represent sound or convey meaning

— graph·i·cal·ly \-fi-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

— graph·ic·ness \-fik-nəs\ noun

synonyms graphic, vivid, picturesque mean giving a clear visual impression in words. graphic stresses the evoking of a clear lifelike picture <a graphic account of combat>. vivid suggests an impressing on the mind of the vigorous aliveness of something <a vivid re-creation of an exciting event>. picturesque suggests the presentation of a striking or effective picture composed of features notable for their distinctness and charm <a picturesque account of his travels>.:book::smartass:

Edited by Cueball

??well FC2 is out since a few? no need to wait for platinum or did i missed any point?

I've only been playing it a short time, but I'm amazed - and I think I'm probably ED's target market. I am NOT a simmer - I bought a joystick and track IR specifically for this game. The game mode made me pick it up and enjoy it...the advanced fidelity has kept me intrigued. DCS made me a simmer, and I think that's probably the best thing that can be said.

• Like 1

...... DCS made me a simmer, and I think that's probably the best thing that can be said.

You can't hold ED responsible for all the money you're going to spend or the literally days of your life you'll loose to study sims :smilewink:

It's clear that ED have done a fantastic job with BS, I mean I'm still loving it after nearly a year and a half, and I don't like helicopters :huh:

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

That sounds awsome. Unfortunatly, my stick makes me continuosly roll hard right so I can't really fly straight.

Are you sure its your stick? Its normal for the Ka-50 to build up a rightward roll as you gain speed, which you have to trim out to maintain level flight.

I know FC 2 is out. I just want all new hard copies of the game. This way I can tuck my original LOMAC and FC1 disc away. Was getting read to buy FC2 then saw the platinum release. So what's a few more weeks. Than I can get it all NEW.

The funny thing is: Some three years ago I thought how cool it would be if there was a very detailed heli sim. I tried to reinstall "Hexagon Kartell" but couldn't make it run on XP. Besides, it's very old and the graphics are pre Falcon 4.0 IIRC. I tried Comanche vs. Hokum, which is nice but not up-to-date and rather simple.

Well, who'd be crazy enough to create a heli sim that would be really realsitic? I mean, there's not a large market out there and they couldn't charge 200 bucks a copy, so I convinced myself there would never be another heli sim for the PC market and we'd be stuck with fixed wing aircraft for eternity.

And then came Black Shark. ED, you're my heroes!

Indeed, been waiting for DCS:BS since I first touched Longbow. The DCS series is literally a dream come true for me, and I hope there may be many more additions and sincerely wish ED the best of luck in all their endeavors. :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

I agree 100%

True that! :thumbup:

Once in a while after finding another neat little detail or learning something new that I didn't know before I have to lean back and start giggling and thinking "oh my this is so brilliant". :)

What still amazes me is at what pretty low price we get all this. I mean ED could charge 100 Euro for Black Shark and I wouldn't complain.

When I look back and see how much I have paid for a lesser sim. I agree, I would have still paid more for this sim and not complained. Here's hoping they do another. I do miss the old Apache Sims.:cry:

Cheers

Thanks

The great Wags sees all.......:thumbup:

You think this sim is great now. Wait for Lock-On Platinum. Then merge them together for the flight of your life.

I also love those just sit back, loosen your seatbelt, and relax flights.

P.S. It's GRAPHICALLY. Not yelling just helping. :joystick:

Main Entry: 1graph·ic

Pronunciation: \ˈgra-fik\

Variant(s): also graph·i·cal \-fi-kəl\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Latin graphicus, from Greek graphikos, from graphein

Date: 1637

1 a : of or relating to the pictorial arts; also : pictorial b : of, relating to, or involving such reproductive methods as those of engraving, etching, lithography, photography, serigraphy, and woodcut c : of or relating to the art of printing d : relating or according to graphics

2 : formed by writing, drawing, or engraving

3 usually graphic a : marked by clear lifelike or vividly realistic description b : vividly or plainly shown or described <a graphic sex scene>

4 usually graphical : of, relating to, or represented by a graph

5 : of or relating to the written or printed word or the symbols or devices used in writing or printing to represent sound or convey meaning

— graph·i·cal·ly \-fi-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

— graph·ic·ness \-fik-nəs\ noun

synonyms graphic, vivid, picturesque mean giving a clear visual impression in words. graphic stresses the evoking of a clear lifelike picture <a graphic account of combat>. vivid suggests an impressing on the mind of the vigorous aliveness of something <a vivid re-creation of an exciting event>. picturesque suggests the presentation of a striking or effective picture composed of features notable for their distinctness and charm <a picturesque account of his travels>.:book::smartass:

Yep got that, thanks, see what only one cup of coffee will do for you when it comes to posting a thread:megalol: it is also why I have a huge dictionary on my desk at work LOL.

Cheers

Huh? you don't like helicopters...

You can't hold ED responsible for all the money you're going to spend or the literally days of your life you'll loose to study sims :smilewink:

It's clear that ED have done a fantastic job with BS, I mean I'm still loving it after nearly a year and a half, and I don't like helicopters :huh:

You don't like helicopters, what's wrong with you man? they are awesome although I am probably a little bias as I spent three years of my life flying around as a passenger just skimming the tree tops in the old huey.:pilotfly:

Awesome experience, (in real life) love the sound, the thrill of flying just over the canopy of the jungle, looking accross at your mates in the other hueys, remembering the feeling of "I think this old bird is going to fall to pieces as it banks hard and the blades cut into the air and the sound, well you can only imagine. As you can tell, I was hooked and miss those days. Much later got to ride in the back of the Blackhawk, sadly just not the same experience. Anyway, only having a stir with you, if you don't like helicopters, hey, that's cool. As I said I am a little bias:music_whistling:

When I left the ARA in 89 and joined the RAAF same year, was lucky enough to get posted to ARDU (excellent squadron) and in my three years there was lucky enough to get to go up in several Australian A/C but that's another story.

On a final note, I am hoping one day that a re-release of the 1st ever Apache flight sim by microprose gets done. Sid Meier has revamped his old classics and although microprose no longer around, would be fantastic to see the old apache sim make a return. Anyone else remember Microprose and Apache Gunship Sim? they also did Pirates (another classic that was re-done) still no Apache?:cry:

Ops, I went of on a ramble...need to get that 2nd coffee. Until next post my fellow BS pilots.:thumbup:

Mine is a slightly different story. I have always been a rotorhead, i used to fly the microsoft sims but they where never quite up to standard.

I found the Blackshark on youtube, it was the startup demo vid and i nearly fell out of my seat.

The first thing I thought was "That is the sim i have been looking for".

Over a year later, i have a couple of hundred buttons around me when i fly, and i get frustrated if i cant fly for a day. I gave up smoking so i could fly in the lounge without having to go outside to have a cigerette. My phone automatically tells me if there are new posts on this forum and i have taken my sim to 2 different shows to let people fly it.

DCS didnt just make me a simmer - it made me convert a large room into a workshop and in no small way, changed my life.

And im not the only one, there are quite a few guys on here who have spent nearly a thousand dollars just on the tools to make stuff for the Blackshark! Now THAT is the mark of a good Sim.

ED be proud.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - Its a Stinger - Damn.......

My Pit - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=42253

Well done.

Mine is a slightly different story. I have always been a rotorhead, i used to fly the microsoft sims but they where never quite up to standard.

I found the Blackshark on youtube, it was the startup demo vid and i nearly fell out of my seat.

The first thing I thought was "That is the sim i have been looking for".

Over a year later, i have a couple of hundred buttons around me when i fly, and i get frustrated if i cant fly for a day. I gave up smoking so i could fly in the lounge without having to go outside to have a cigerette. My phone automatically tells me if there are new posts on this forum and i have taken my sim to 2 different shows to let people fly it.

DCS didnt just make me a simmer - it made me convert a large room into a workshop and in no small way, changed my life.

And im not the only one, there are quite a few guys on here who have spent nearly a thousand dollars just on the tools to make stuff for the Blackshark! Now THAT is the mark of a good Sim.

ED be proud.

A big thumbs up on giving up smoking, excellent. You should let ED know they found a way for smokers to quit. As I work for ATODS here in Oz, I am always happy to hear someone has given up one substance or another. 10 out of 10 mate.:thumbup:

• Like 1