Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition news

Flyby

wow they found a supporter. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 10 months later...

Coupla screenies from ROF: Iron Cross

ab88cf08.png

7f07951d.png

26ea9705.png

643bb90f.png

59c63887.png

41b6e748.png

d134f7c0.png

7451b8b2.png

e8ffbd6a.png

508370f9.png

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Nice, what graphical effects do you use? Do you have Bloom and High Contrast switched off?

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Can anyone who has bought from amazon confirm that all you get is a

download link along with a serial code ?

I might see if a relative in USA can buy it for me since amazon wont let

you buy it outside USA

Bought my DVD copy from Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0045Y0OTE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d8_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0TDP882VEX5ZW5GM9D1Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

awesome

available only for USA customers :(

Why do gaming companies hate people from Europe?

In USA Rise of Flight ICE = $19.99 12.22 GBP

In UK Rise of Flight ICE = $44.81 27.40 GBP

I mean seriously , that is extracting the urine to say the least.

I buy from Spain

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TGME1Y?tag=deals4dowcom-20

Edited by ec-swr

Yeah thanks for that , I was looking for it at the cheapest price possible

£36.25 Vs £12.25

Which would you rather pay ( it is download edition by the way I was looking at on amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TGME1Y?tag=deals4dowcom-20

I mean , its a download copy , what does it matter that the electrons cross the Atlantic ?

They scared of water? lol

14 EUROS??? For real? Oh man, i'm buying it

EDIT: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address.

Discriminating bastards, wave-finger.gif amazon

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Digital all the way.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I never picked up RoF because when it came out my computer was even more lacking than it is now. Would I be missing out on anything by just getting this iron cross edition? Do they start with the same planes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

From the Amazon blurb

Iron Cross edition for PC:The award-winning WWI flight-sim Rise of flight is back and its bigger and better than ever with Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition! Rise of flight: iron cross edition comes chalk full of new features, exclusive content and numerous game play improvements. Rise of flight: iron cross edition brings intense WWI aerial-combat to your computer like never before with enhanced graphics, new modes of game play, new campaigns, new terrain, new special effects and twice the flyable planes! Its never been a better time to pick up the most realistic WWI flight sim ever created and take to the virtual skies! Do you have what it takes to be an Ace. ROF still includes all the features which made it an award winner, such as an advanced flight-model, adjustable difficulty, complex physics engine, progressive damage model and super powerful Mission Editor. And don’t forget the gorgeous graphics, awesome special effects, beautiful 3D models, detailed terrain and challenging artificial intelligence. Rise of flight: Iron Cross edition has something for every flight-sim fan, from single player campaigns to multiplayer dogfights, but one things is for certain, the aerial combat in intense and brutal. Grab your goggles and silk scarf…come join the fight above the trenches! In Addition: Rise of flight from Russian developer neoqb is a state-of-the-art PC flight simulation title that sets a new standard in fidelity, beauty and realism. You can fly eight legendary WWI fighter places alongside or against over a dozen other beautifully rendered aircraft including scouts, fighter, bombers and recon planes. Fly the Spad XIII, Fokker D.VII, Albatross D.Va, Nieuport 28, SE.5a, Pfalz D.IIIa, Sopwith Camel and deadly Fokker Dr.1 into aerial combat over the western front.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master sergeant shooter sergeant important person of sergeants extreme:gun_rifle:

Worth it for the Camel alone - absolute joy to fly and fight :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me want Dcccc...Brainzzzz.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Yeah I'm hanging for the new career mode as well but I probably wouldn't go so far as calling it a dc. Jason has never confirmed it's a dc and I think he went so far as to say it's not one (can't remember where I read it).

Just saying that to allay the hype a little bit - imagine the disappointment when it's released and we find out it's not so dynamic after all. It will no doubt still be outstanding but just not a proper dc. People will pick up on that.

Yeah I'm hanging for the new career mode as well but I probably wouldn't go so far as calling it a dc. Jason has never confirmed it's a dc and I think he went so far as to say it's not one (can't remember where I read it).

Just saying that to allay the hype a little bit - imagine the disappointment when it's released and we find out it's not so dynamic after all. It will no doubt still be outstanding but just not a proper dc. People will pick up on that.

For me DC is a continuous scenario with permanent world and logistic included.

A bit of a hell of a work ain t it ?

Well as long as it doesn t seems canned i m happy.

I wonder why the first company to do this managed it in 1996,with less than 2/3 of power and gfx computing and (exagerating) 2 decades later we re back at (exagerating) 30 years back in that sector.

And not that exagerated: 1995 and 1985.

What is considered a good enough PC to play this on high? I only game at 1080p. Does the purchased game come with 8 flyables or are those purchased add-ons?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Good PC enought to play it.. no idea, mine is good enought, but i m on a 460GTX , intel 950 8gb ram.

Not top but far from average.

The engine is an heavily modified Il 2 1946 engine.

And yeah it comes with around 8 planes, or enought to keep you busy.

I have similar system to succellus but with 280gtx and I run the game on max settings no problem, you should have no problems power5, maybe not everythign on max, but most things I would think.

lovely game, also the same people made Wings of Prey, which is another wonderful looking game, with excellent ground graphics, why oh why IL2 CoD didnt use those guys or even use the same engine for the ground is unknown to me, as IL2 guys did help them model wise for wings of Prey, they made the aircraft models for them.

Getting back to RoF, dam its crazy, the foker d1 has crazy lift and since no planes ave trim, its a never ending fight to keep things straight and level unless you use the level autopilot, I just have to figure out a good curve for my warthog so that I am not constantly fighting the aircraft.

Anyone got any good ideas for a decent pitch response curve for the warthog for RoF ?