Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition news

Flyby

I lowered my response curves and the plane is much more flyable now. I am still playing the demo right now. One of the available missions is to take out a 5 car convoy. I can not keep the pipper on them to save my life. Seems to always bob around sometimes when I press the trigger it lurches.

Can you explain the response grid to me? What does the center of the two axis represent? What does above and what does below center mean? I assume center is center. Going above the line is one direction of axis and going below line is other direction. Left and right is the % of full deflection?

My councel, be gentle with grand dad, fly it slow if you have to aim, remember that whe you point down you get speed, and those old matchboxes couldn t take much of a rush.

Remember the aim wasn t that great too, fire only if you can see the white of the eyes driver.

If you can smell the pilot your pursuing fart when it see you at his six then it time too shoot.

Another tactic is to be good on leading, leading is a dificult art.

I was able to shoot down 2 birds on my second instant action, end up crashed, and i m waiting for DC.

I m in no rush... i really need my pit, i m not enjoying flying ankward anymore.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

For ground strafing don't blip at all, just throttle back and it's more stable throttled back to shoot.

The exception is AAA when they are shooting at you! Best thing to doon a AAA mission is to disobey your commander and do the secondary mission instead.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

Absolutely love RoF, it's that immediacy of dogfighting and the intensely pretty and super-massive draw distance. Coming down through a cloud completely disoriented with water streaming over your goggles then bouncing a plane below is a truly magic feeling.

I'm sure he's been mentioned in this thread already, but I cannot recommend my friend Requiem10NS's youtube channel highly enough. He'll teach you all the tricks of the WWI pilot's trade. I'd link his youtube channel but it's blocked from work.

(I knew him from bf2 and had no idea he'd become such an ace. Went flying with him a few times and he led me to my first multiplayer kills).

Once again, check out Requiem10NS on youtube.

DCS 161 (Recce) Squadron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Isn t distance limited to 2.5 Km, and the engine limited in scope outside the flying path ?

And yeah zoom and boom is always a great tactic, thats why Rommel or Richtoffen insisted on it.

And it stayed that way until missile BVR battles.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

deleted by the big pig

Edited by Pigmachine

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

Couldn t work cause i m at vote, (or the way around) but i like it.

• Like 1

Help needed from a friend. Russian and french translation of

"graphics\Skins\SopCamel\SC_RNAS3_Ellwood.dds" "xxxxxxxx" "RNAS 3 FSL J.W.P. Ellwood, B3781" "Sopwith Camel B3781, RNAS 3 near St. Pol, August, 1917, red nose and red hearts on fuselage and top wing"

Only bold part needed, and I know there are lots of languid people around these forums

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

You mean you need french translation...if this is it here it goes:

prés de St. Pol, Aout, 1917, nez (not sure if nez apply for aviation) rouge et coeurs rouge sur le fuselage et le dessus des ailes supérieures.

Its so rare i write in french now, that it feel strange.

Well Ive heard to many good things to NOT! buy it so I bought it yesterday. The Iron cross edition. I was thinking of adding a few airplanes while they are on sale can anyone give advice ? I'll be honest. If theres a hotrod I can add to my hangar then I want it. And maybe a bomber.

I havnt even played it yet cause i spent all last night downloading it and installing it. It really looks fun tho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

Well Ive heard to many good things to NOT! buy it so I bought it yesterday. The Iron cross edition. I was thinking of adding a few airplanes while they are on sale can anyone give advice ? I'll be honest. If theres a hotrod I can add to my hangar then I want it. And maybe a bomber.

I havnt even played it yet cause i spent all last night downloading it and installing it. It really looks fun tho.

They are not on sale anymore (sale ended the 28'th) but the money you put out, they put into the sim ;)

Fokker D.VIIF <-voted best plane on their forums

Fokker Dr.I <-if you want to be the red baron

SPAD 13.C1 <-pretty decent bird

S.E.5a <-not so bad either

avoid the Nieuport 17.C1 at any cost! It flies like my granny cycles in tour de france! I made a skin for it, before I tried it in battle...and added curses on the rudder, after trying it in a dogfight :)

The planes you get in the RoF:ICE edition is enough to have fun with for quite a while.

If you're put off by their plane prices, just wait a while, and get fieldmods for the ones you like.

EDIT-> Its one helluva fun sim.. no hitech at all, just what you need after playing DCS games for a few days.. just the joy of flying!

just the joy of flying!

X-actamente! Just bought it a couple of days ago and currently having a blast getting to grips with the Albatros D.5.

The machine guns are weak though, meaning you really have to get up close and personal with your adversaries... but that only adds to the fun IMO, especially when the bogey is an O/400 with its rear gunners :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Where do folks put their gun convergence at in RoF, BTW? I'm still experimenting, but 100m seems to be a goodish value because you have to shoot at close range...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Where do folks put their gun convergence at in RoF, BTW? I'm still experimenting, but 100m seems to be a goodish value because you have to shoot at close range...

I have mine at 250 so I get a bit more elevation on the shots (I hope?) then you can shoot at an opponent you see in a full turn (only played offline so far)

I have mine at 250 so I get a bit more elevation on the shots (I hope?) then you can shoot at an opponent you see in a full turn (only played offline so far)

Laterally it doesn't matter much, as most guns are pretty much on the centerline anyway. In that respect, far out is best as short convergence distances will spread your bullet streams if you attempt sniping shots at long distances.

Short convergence distances will give you significant bullet drop at longer ranges, while long convergence distances will only give you slightly high hits in close. E g you can zero a hunting rifle intended for moose at 80 m at 200 m and only hit slightly high at 80, while still being able to take a long distance shot if require. The hit area is big enough. Hunting birds, it's a different game.

250 is probably a goodish setting.

Lastly, the bullet spread of those old guns is significant anyway, so we're talking shotgun rather than sniper rifle. :P

Im having a ball with this sim. And I never had an interest in WW-l flight.

But its so pure. Rise Of Flight is a winner. I just bought that huge Brit Bomber and Love droning around in it. Between ROF and A-10c I am set for a long time. Both Lovely programs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Lead, Follow, or get out of the way"

Im having a ball with this sim. And I never had an interest in WW-l flight.

But its so pure. Rise Of Flight is a winner. I just bought that huge Brit Bomber and Love droning around in it. Between ROF and A-10c I am set for a long time. Both Lovely programs.

Add to that Black Shark and Steelbeasts Pro PE... and subtract the nice tan you were about to get this summer :P

Some news, I suppose most close followers already know, but the field mods for SPAD13 and Albatros DVa will be free with the next patch, that means Aldis and Le-Chretien sights for the SPAD and collimator sights for the DVa and some other stuff. But you will need to still buy them again if you want them for other planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• 2 weeks later...

Autumn terrain preview:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

• 3 weeks later...

Patch 1.019 is out, with the new career mode, new objects visibility range option and if you want, Breguet and field mods for purchase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A little ROF 1.019 career story: I just reached the point in the career where for the first time I meet a DR1, very high at 8000 feet, it was alone and so was I. I was flying the SE5 and my flight had gone off chasing a DFW. So Im scared just by the freakish sight of it, since Im used to other opponents, I hadnt seen anything like that before, as a triplane it has a mean look, and flies like nothing I have seen before, twisting and turning in the air like a demon. I can imagine now how the pilots felt when they saw that thing for the first time. Since I have no previous experience fighting them, I try the same tactics as I have been using against the Albatroses in the SE5, using my speed and energy instead of playing in their own homefield, and it worked, I get my first ever DR1 kill! Very proud of this achevement I fly home, land, turn off the engine and hit finish, eager to see what rank the pilot was, his name, what unit he belonged to, but when the result screen comes up I GET NO CREDIT FOR THE KILL! It was because of a bug, no results were registered, but this gave me a look into how they felt back then, knowing they had that kill, but cant prove it, really reminded me of the movie The Blue Max. End of this story, but many more to make in this fantastic product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]