other heilcopter sims

bigdog4215

is there any other helicopter sims out,just curious because black shark is hard to learn for someone who knows nothing about the mechanics of helicopter.i m looking for something basic and simple as possible,in other words i m looking for a helicopter sim for someone who is at a preschool level.i m hoping to find something that has a easier learning curve so i can get a better understanding of how to fly a helicopter.

you can try black shark in arcade mode, to have some help in the air.or you can try the flight simulator series(FS2004 or FSX).both are more easy to control and you have some easy student lessons to learn basic things, a little bit like a flight school..

x plane is the next candidate has better aerodynamical simulation then FSX,

means it s harder to control and more work then FSX.

hope this helps.

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you can try black shark in arcade mode, to have some help in the air.or you can try the flight simulator series(FS2004 or FSX).both are more easy to control and you have some easy student lessons to learn basic things, a little bit like a flight school..

x plane is the next candidate has better aerodynamical simulation then FSX,

means it s harder to control and more work then FSX.

hope this helps.

do any of those have helicopters in them

I would forego any other helicopter sim and spend that time learning the shark. other sims will teach you bad habbits ;).

I don't think there are any other sims outside fsx and xplane payware.

i don t undestand alot things about flying a helicopter,it seems that shark is a very advanced piece of machinery.i tried going through the training and i don t know when or how to use the trim or what its even used for.what it comes down,the training doen t seem like its fit for someone who knows nothing about the insturments or what they are used for.

FSX and X-plane both have choppers.

And well, as for knowing about trim and instruments - that's what the forums and manuals and the people in the community are for: to facilitate learning what you don't know. For myself that's the nice thing with study sims - you get to learn stuff. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The trim is something I have always struggled with in BS and is the reason it stays on my HDD but rarely gets played, as the frustration gets the better of me :)

I think I am probably one of those users who sits in the middle ground of wanting a sim which is true to real life but does not want to spend countless hours refining my skills. On the flip side, I also do not get a kick out of the arcade mode as I actually enjoy learning how to use the other systems. It would be great if there were a 'self trimming' function for lazy @rses like me who only want to play the sim on an occasional basis. I bet there are many people out there who have bought BS but have drifted away from it after being unable to get through the black art of trimming the thing :)

Dave

Go get X-plane version 9.5x

Go to their helicopter forums - they are very active heli simmers.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

bigdog4215 im with ya man , it is really hard to learn to fly in Black Shark but its worth it . I know sod all and everytime i crash i start again and again if i need to i take a break and come back later . at the end i quess everyone would agree its worth all the hastle and temper tantrums.

I would suggest watching the producer notes if you haven't, I found them more helpful than the training tracks. I still standby my opinion that spending that "learning" time flying the shark (no combat, just flight) will help you more in the long run. Coaxial rotor for one thing gives it a unique flight characteristic vs other choppers where you're dealing CONSTANTLY with torque with every move of the a control surface.

The trim is tricky for some, but the helicopter is flyable without using it. I rarely use it personally unless i've got a long flight ahead.

The other sims mentioned are good if you want to screw around in different helicopters, but they may make eventually learning the shark a bit tougher.

Best of luck in your ventures though mate :).

shamandgg can you post a link to those X-Plane forums. Thank you.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?act=idx

scroll down to Helicopters in X-Plane section of the forums

and MBB/Kawasaki BK 117 in Commercial Vendors Support section

BK 117 is addon I use myself - http://nd-art-and-technology.com/BK117_main.html

although there are some amazing freeware addons on the same x-plane.org site.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Signed on the Bk117, great heli to fly. nothing like landing that in heavy winds on a platform.

As far as FSX goes there's a freebie addon that makes the heli's more realistic

Head over to http://www.hovercontrol.com

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=HTR_-_Helicopter_Total_Realism

Lots of other good stuff here aswell

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Hangout with other BS pilots on Teamspeak i find it easier to explain what Im having trouble with and find it a lot easier to get answers verbally rather than through text depending what it is . Trim being the toughest I had but now that I understand how it works I can enjoy the sim much more.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BK-117 is a must for everyone interested in virtual helicopters! Also I highly recommend buying the newest Jet Ranger for X-Plane, made by Dream Foil. Fantastic bird! The best B206 I've flown in a sim, and I had a couple of them. A picture gallery of it: http://picasaweb.google.com/nicolas.xplane/Bell206?feat=directlink#

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Originally Posted by Death-17

Any yahoo can fly fixed, it takes skill to fly rotor.